Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 2:40 AM
Default New Seasons Patch - 6/11/07
There is a new Seasons patch available on the Sims site:

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/?pid=Help_patches
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 3:17 AM
Thats more like it! Thankas for the heads up.

What with this, the photo/story tips you gave me earlier and the just spotted by me rays object tester tip you gave someone else you are being very helpful to me today.

thank you!

Me addicted to the Sims? Never! You only have an addiction if you attend meetings.
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 3:37 AM
lol I'm glad I could help.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 3:39 AM
“It's Raining” interactions will not continue to occur after a Sim has seen the weather several times.

Oh, thank God! I am so happy.
Alchemist
#5 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 4:40 AM
I wonder if this is the patch/update that came with H&M?? Does anyone know?
#6 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Klinny
“It's Raining” interactions will not continue to occur after a Sim has seen the weather several times.

Oh, thank God! I am so happy.

Amen to that! I can finally take out the hack that got rid of that entirely (And I did kinda like the interaction the first time it happens). :jig:
#7 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 8:43 AM
I was just about to post this,lol! :D
Thanks anyway
Forum Resident
#8 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 1:35 PM
I downloaded the patch eariler, just tried to install it but I got an error message saying: "Error during update installation. You may need to uninstall and reinstall The Sims 2 Seasons. Please make sure you back up your saved games first." Anybody know what I should do? Has anyone else had this problem? I installed H&M stuff yesterday if that makes a difference.
#9 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 1:49 PM
I got that trying to install H&M. If you have any changed graphics rules or anything like that sometimes youll get that. Or it could be a corrupt objects package.

In my case I saved my graphicsrules.sgr from before I changed mine. So I used that instead of my altered one. Updated and then replaced it again.

Coltraz Im wondering the same. I just installed H&M a few days ago and had to do the update thing..
Forum Resident
#10 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 1:52 PM
Thats odd because when I installed my H&M yesterday it said my game was already up to date. I wonder if that's the problem. I'm going to reinstall my Seasons, see if that helps.
EDIT: I reinstalled my Seasons and then tried the patch and it worked. Problem solved.
Scholar
#11 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 2:15 PM
Finally! :D

Woot: "# Sims will be smarter about seeking out the shortest path to take to player-directed locations. "

Yay! :D

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Alchemist
#12 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by digital_hannah
Finally! :D

Woot: "# Sims will be smarter about seeking out the shortest path to take to player-directed locations. "

Yay! :D

Yeah thank God for that one
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 3:07 PM
Quote:
  1. Sims will be smarter about seeking out the shortest path to take to player-directed locations.
  2. Sims will no longer lose “fun” while playing the piano.
I want to see that before I'll believe it...
Alchemist
#14 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NH1
[/list]I want to see that before I'll believe it...

I definitely want to see "a" before I believe it loll
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 3:58 PM
That one excites me to no end. I'm so tired of them going out the back door, around the house, in the front door and down the hall to answer the phone, instead of just turning a corner LOL
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 4:48 PM
The first semester of a major (in University) can now be completed by Teens.

Wait, what? I don't understand that one.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ilovebagels123
The first semester of a major (in University) can now be completed by Teens.

Wait, what? I don't understand that one.

Does that means that the teens only turn into young adults when they start the second semester?! Actually, sounds cool^^
Alchemist
#18 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mokado
Does that means that the teens only turn into young adults when they start the second semester?! Actually, sounds cool^^

No I don't know what that means. Teens turn into YAs the second they hit campus
#19 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:09 PM
Maybe they werent suppose to?
Scholar
#20 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyfae
Maybe they werent suppose to?

LOL And they don't fix it until now? That's sounds a bit like Maxis ROFL! :smash:

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:11 PM
But that feature has been around since University came out. Why would they wait several expansion packs to fix it?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:24 PM
a.Ottomas twins’ father data is now correct

LOL, I found this funny. Of course it doesn't take much to amuse me. :D
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:36 PM
How does a teen finish a semester of college? Does this happen before they even leave for college while they're still home and teens? Wow, I've never heard of this and I've had Uni since it came out! LOL
Forum Resident
#24 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:53 PM
I think the whole "teen university" thing is about certain Maxis-made teens getting stuck in the first semester at Uni or something. Its what some people are on about at the BBS anyway.
Alchemist
#25 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stariscool
Thats odd because when I installed my H&M yesterday it said my game was already up to date. I wonder if that's the problem. I'm going to reinstall my Seasons, see if that helps.
EDIT: I reinstalled my Seasons and then tried the patch and it worked. Problem solved.

Yeah, I got a message saying mine was up to date as well, but when I clicked OK Pets updated, and so did Seasons. I guess I'll just have to play around and see if what's claimed to have been fixed is fixed.
Page 1 of 5