Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 9:39 PM
Default A leak? or Messy Ghosts?
I was just playing a house that I have played through many seasons. It is a 3 story house. On the second floor, and what seems like only the 2nd floor, puddles have started to appear and keep growing. It is nighttime and ghosts are floating around. It is winter and it has snowed earlier in the day. All of the sims keep waking up to mop up the puddles and they get bigger before they can clean them all up.

It doesn't seem like a leak because its the second floor and also I've played this house through 2 generations in Seasons and there have been no leaks before. Are the ghosts making these messes? Are there any other explanations? Is it pee or water? Has anyone else had this problem before? Is there something I'm missing? This is weird and gross. I can post a picture if necessary.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 9:43 PM
I think sims who drowned, their ghosts leave puddles? Normally leaks only happen near a sink and I've never had a leak from a broken tub/toilet/sink/whatever stray out into a bedroom or outside.
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 10:01 PM
Oh! Ok. I never knew that. One of the sims drowned. I guess that's why. What a pain!
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 1:48 AM
yep i believ somewhere maybe maty? there is a no ghost puddle mod however i cant reall if it was updated for seasons or if it needed to be lol i used to have it but it managed a disappearing act on me (weird i know) so now if i play for example the stragetown family with all the ghosts (arg what the heck are their names ..the one with the mother of nervous) i keep an eye out for any leaking ghosts and when they return to their grave i promty place the grave into a sims inventory i dont mind 1 leaky ghost but that family has to have atleast a dozen of those guys and sure it up sthe cleaning points but i never get it all cleaned up before the next leaky ghost shows up lol

EDIT well i was wrong it was insim http://www.insimenator.net/showthre...ghlight=puddles

i still have no idea if its been updated or needs to be but i asked i could really use it miy self so ill probably test it anyways

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 2:09 PM
thanks everyone for the help. are there any other funny ghost behaviors? thank goodness sims that died in a fire don't set fire to everything!
Scholar
#6 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 4:36 PM
yea that would be horrible...i think half my sims would end up dieing in the fire from a dead ghost then (they arent so bright) but i heard that starved sims steal you sims food from the fridge..no clue if its true or not though i dont pay enough attention to how much food is in a sims fridge to know if the ghost took some when it was looking in it

and i found this is you scroll down to section C4 theres a bunch of stuff on the things ghosts do http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/do...le/914811/46379

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#7 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dragon_tfm
yea that would be horrible...i think half my sims would end up dieing in the fire from a dead ghost then (they arent so bright) but i heard that starved sims steal you sims food from the fridge..no clue if its true or not though i dont pay enough attention to how much food is in a sims fridge to know if the ghost took some when it was looking in it

and i found this is you scroll down to section C4 theres a bunch of stuff on the things ghosts do http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/do...le/914811/46379

Oh...that might be why my gardener ghosts keeps looking in the fridge. He died from starvation because he got himself stuck between some bushes and graves and I left him there. He always looks in the fridge. But then again so does the lady killed by lightening. But would explain why the food kept going down fast
Scholar
#8 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 8:16 PM
I feel your pain One of my Black Widow's husbands died in a disappearing pool ladder incident and he leaves a giant mess of puddles everywhere. Luckily he was a maid, and his daughter inherited his neatness points, so she likes cleaning them up!

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 11:13 AM
I experienced something real strange once, drowned somebody but didn’t see any ghost, found some weed from the ghost’s puddles. The house had a cellar with a external access but no access from inside, the cellar was not used and had no floor.
I accidental looked in the cellar and it was overgrown with weed. That had happened is that the ghost always went down in the cellar probably the closest door; it could not get up so it was leaving puddles all over who did grow into weeds. My Sims used forever getting rid of it, the gardener do it so my Sims had to do all the work.
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 2:33 PM
That's terrible! I think that would actually be awesome to do on purpose for a run-down house or something. Fill the yard and cellar with weeds!
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by musiquefille
thank goodness sims that died in a fire don't set fire to everything!

Actually, if they get really annoyed, I think they do.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 2:33 PM
whoa. i need to try that!
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 8:35 AM
Yeah sims that drown, leave puddles, unfortunately.