Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 6:30 PM Last edited by sakui : 2nd Jan 2010 at 6:30 PM. Reason: reword
Default 45 degree object placing help
Hi, I tried using the 45 degree rotation cheat. (boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation [true/false])

Assuming that the < and > keys as said on the Sims2Wiki are the directional ones.
I tried using the < > keys to rotate the object, it just moves the camera left or right.

Did I do something wrong that the cheat won't work?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 6:46 PM
I think it depends on your keyboard. Try using , and . , these are the ones that work for me.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 8:46 PM
If that doesn't work, another thing you can try is putting the object down. Then pick it back up and try to rotate it again. I've had that happen to me and doing that usually works.
Also, assuming that you didn't get an error when you typed in the code: you don't always need to capitalize any of the letters. I never do and have never had any problems. (Spelling errors? Yes, plenty of those! lol)
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 9:30 AM
I remember I couldn 't make this cheat work back when I learned about it. Turned out, the "trick" was to hold the object with the mouse while I rotate it with < or > keys. Yes, it was very stupid not to be able to figure it out from the beginning... And I also never capitalize any letters in cheat codes, and those always work.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 8:04 AM
Similar question so I'll post it here for easy access to placement questions. Can someone please remind me how to raise and lower objects on the walls? I cannot for the life of me remember or find it with the search.
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 9:22 AM
Use [ or ] keys to rise or lower the objects on the wall, no cheats are needed for this.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 9:27 AM
Ah damn. Thanks, that's what I thought it was. Guess it doesn't work on curtains.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 12:05 PM
Sorry to sound like an absolute noob when I post this, but after all my years of playing Sims, I didn't know you could actually get that 45 degree angle :D
Thank you for this post :D

Current city: Dreamcove
University: Dream Cove University
Population in city: 50+
Scholar
#9 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Ah damn. Thanks, that's what I thought it was. Guess it doesn't work on curtains.

yep, it works for paintings and shelves only, and any other decoration that fit in this category.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 7:18 PM
I've tried the suggestions and still can't get the 45 degree angle to work. Annoying thing is that it USED TO WORK. Don't know what is different, but now it doesn't. I don't think I've added any hacks that would stop it and since I have way too much custom content I cant figure out how to find the source of interference. Any ideas?
Scholar
#11 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 8:04 PM
I know that certain EPs are needed to make 45degree cheat work, like Nightlife and Uni. But if you say it used to work..
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#12 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 9:59 PM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 5th Jan 2010 at 10:02 PM. Reason: added a link
When it comes to shifting up & down with [ and ] - most custom curtains can be shifted.

If you have AL- there's a hack/mod here that will let you shift other things that aren't already shiftable. (And I'm confusing myself here- so just go read! )
Mad Poster
#13 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
When it comes to shifting up & down with [ and ] - most custom curtains can be shifted.

If you have AL- there's a hack/mod here that will let you shift other things that aren't already shiftable. (And I'm confusing myself here- so just go read! )

Ooh thanks. I love those victorian curtains, but hate the way they only come up partway on tall windows (especially because I love the tall latticed windows).

Oh and I never knew about the 45 degree cheat before this thread either.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#14 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 5:21 AM
Be sure you turn that 45 degree cheat off when finish ( write the same thing for turning it on than use the word False to turn off. Whenever using a Boolprop cheats be sure to turn off once finish.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#15 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 5:36 AM
"Ooh thanks. I love those victorian curtains, but hate the way they only come up partway on tall windows (especially because I love the tall latticed windows)."

I don't have the hack/mod in the dl folder I'm using right now, so I'm not really sure if it works with Maxis curtains or not. That's why I said CUSTOM- I do remember that most of my custom curtains could be shifted. Looks like I'm going to have to put it in my working folder to see.