Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 6:21 PM
Default Randoms sims being annoying asf on community lots
I haven't played sims 4 for years but I started again now and it is so annoying how many damn sims are on community lots. They aren't normally dispersed, all of them stand where my sim is and it is so annoying especially when they join my sims conversation. This is not fun it is just frustrating, like my sim is on a date but some famous chick stands next to my sim and starts waving with her hands screaming and everyone around does the same thing. Is this supposed to be a good feature? In the sims 3 I have like 5-10 sims on community lots I visit but they're all usually normal and don't intrude like the sims in the sims 4 do. Are there any mods to stop intruding sims, make it so they are less sims on community lots or maybe a gta mod so I can get rid of the sims myself.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 2:44 AM
You can change your lot type to a Generic lot, there you will only see walkbys.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 7:05 PM
Some things can be annoying, but I prefer that to the empty lots I have in 3. I build a big, wonderful place to use and my Sim goes there and is normally the only person there along with the mixologist. And I do not like seeing the same Sims all the time in 4 no matter the world. But again, at least the lots are used and I like that.
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 7:56 PM
Makes a change. It used to be that the complaint was that there weren't enough Sims on Community lots. I'd just get your Sims to do something specific and keep away from the others.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Some things can be annoying, but I prefer that to the empty lots I have in 3. I build a big, wonderful place to use and my Sim goes there and is normally the only person there along with the mixologist. And I do not like seeing the same Sims all the time in 4 no matter the world. But again, at least the lots are used and I like that.

Off topic, but in TS3, Sims are actually pushed to lots based on your CPU, among other things. It's why some people see a decent amount of Sims, and others see almost none. It's supposedly a way to save on resources from having too many Sims on a lot, but there's not really enough Sims in any of the worlds for it to really make a difference on one lot.

If you're interested daisy, I actually have a mod from Sim Asylum that pushes more Sims to lots by default. I thought I would mention since I know you still play TS3 as well.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Off topic, but in TS3, Sims are actually pushed to lots based on your CPU, among other things. It's why some people see a decent amount of Sims, and others see almost none. It's supposedly a way to save on resources from having too many Sims on a lot, but there's not really enough Sims in any of the worlds for it to really make a difference on one lot.

If you're interested daisy, I actually have a mod from Sim Asylum that pushes more Sims to lots by default. I thought I would mention since I know you still play TS3 as well.

I think a problem also is I build way too many community lots in the worlds I do. I have an i7 so pretty good and got park control but have never really looked into that. I will see if I can find that mod. Thanks! And isn't there some way with Nraas Master Controller to push Sims to where your one is?
Forum Resident
#7 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 11:50 PM
I think a problem also is I build way too many community lots in the worlds I do. I have an i7 so pretty good and got park control but have never really looked into that. I will see if I can find that mod. Thanks! Isn't there some way with Nraas Master Controller to push Sims to where your one is?

There probably is, but Master Controller is so extensive that I've never looked into a particular setting in its options. If you want to try out the mod, it's Shimrod's "Townies Out on the Town" over at the Asylum. Yeah, I've heard of that with people having good hardware and still experiencing it. Could be the database not having been updated in several years and thinking it's inferior, though I think that mainly affects GPU optimizations mostly, which TS3 barely uses anyway.

To OP in regards to TS4, the way TS4 is built it's really just part of the game. Like Hamishmc said, you could have them doing something specific I guess, but there's never really any guarantee I'm assuming that some Sim on the other side of the lot will suddenly decide to start chatting with your Sim.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 2:06 AM
I think a problem also is I build way too many community lots in the worlds I do. I have an i7 so pretty good and got park control but have never really looked into that. I will see if I can find that mod. Thanks! And isn't there some way with Nraas Master Controller to push Sims to where your one is?

Having a lot of community lots is definitely one cause. The mod on The sims Asylum is by shimrod if you haven't found it already. There is also one here but it's a bit tricky and can create quite the chaos.
More sims in clubs

I took it out since my community lots are fine. Also, you always need to wait a bit when you get there. Give your sims some time to go there when you are there with your active sim.
Scholar
#9 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dimitra12345
Are there any mods to stop intruding sims, make it so they are less sims on community lots or maybe a gta mod so I can get rid of the sims myself.

That GTA mod sounds fun even without that problem with those npcs.

I remember reading that sims are pushed to community lot types based on their traits. So you already won't see all of them on some lot types. And if you have more of the same community lot types, they will spread over those, so it can become very empty. So for more sims per lot, you either have to raise the amount of sims in your town, or build less of the same community lot type. This is why I rarely play large worlds anymore. I never checked what NRAAS can do about this btw.
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Dec 2021 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dimitra12345
I haven't played sims 4 for years but I started again now and it is so annoying how many damn sims are on community lots. They aren't normally dispersed, all of them stand where my sim is and it is so annoying especially when they join my sims conversation. This is not fun it is just frustrating, like my sim is on a date but some famous chick stands next to my sim and starts waving with her hands screaming and everyone around does the same thing. Is this supposed to be a good feature? In the sims 3 I have like 5-10 sims on community lots I visit but they're all usually normal and don't intrude like the sims in the sims 4 do. Are there any mods to stop intruding sims, make it so they are less sims on community lots or maybe a gta mod so I can get rid of the sims myself.

Most of the time, I find this to be a pain in the butt when you have a rags-to-riches sim that is trying to dumpster dive and people keep interrupting them by starting an unwanted, impromptu conversation. Then, once they've stopped you; they decide to take the dumpster themselves. Vicious cycle.