Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 7:29 PM Last edited by zystem : 20th Sep 2021 at 4:21 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default A Sim I created and have played with a little bit has died and is also treated like a Townie
I was browsing SimPE to check my sims and stumbled upon a Sim I, apparently, made once. I have no memory of making this Sim, which seems to be a theme with me. There's nothing I can do about that, which is fine. What is bizarre to me is that she is dead, and her relationships panel is very suspicious. She knows people like stray pets, townies, unsavory charlatan (who is also dead for some reason?) and no other sims I've created in the custom town that I've been playing in the past 2 years. I tried to see if there's a date to when she was created, but I don't think SimPE has that function. Googling features on SimPE wasn't very helpful (googling autocorrecting SimPE to "simPLE" was pretty frustrating)

I feel like I would have made her married to a certain other sim, since her last-name is a very specific last name... But she has no familial relations. Corrupted sim? All her memories are of that of a townie, too. (First kiss with mystery sim, first makeout, etc)
It's not the end of the world if I can't find the end of the mystery with this sim. There's nothing that can be done about my bad memory.
I mostly just want to know if this is a sign of corruption, or if SimPE has a date feature to show when I made this sim.

Many thanks!

edit: I found the date I created the Sim. Many thanks. I'm going to find the Sim in my hood and see if I can find out how she died. This is such a mystery to me.

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 7:01 AM
When sims die, they are removed from whatever family they belonged to, and moved to the Default family, where you'll also find universal sims like the Charlatan.

By «memory sim», if you mean «mystery sim», that is normal too, those are fake memories of fake first times (first kiss and woohoo).

Those things are not normally visible in game, you never encounter the Default family that you can see in SimPE. The dead also remain in the family tree of their relatives and so on.

Also are you sure that you created that sim, some weird or unplayable sims in the Default family are shipped with the game or one if its expansions. NL's Downtown has a few of those.

Also, to see when a sim was created, look up his character file number in SimPE or the Clean Installer, and then you can view the package's properties (in the Characters folder) like for any other computer file.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 3:48 PM
Yes, I did make her. She has custom content, and I made her because she is based on me. This is also in a custom neighborhood/neighborhood I made myself.

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 5:31 PM
Then she's probably just dead. If she's not actually in the Default household (which you can easily see by looking for her in the SimBrowser, which has a column for Household), then you may possibly have a problem.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)