Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 7:25 PM
Default Sim Valley Downtown and Magic Town hood From Sims 1 (would like feedback)
Since I recently posted the main hood for sims 1 I'd also like to post Downtown and Magic Town from the game as well. I tried to make them as similar as possible. The Downtown are has a island area I added because in the Og hood there was a bridge leading away from it and I didn't want a bridge to nowhere. I also saw the terrain downtown also had some cliff type areas as well. If you'd like to se a pic without the custom skybox just let me know! I did add a few more roads is it is a downtown area so I just assumed it would be more populated but that's an easy change if need be. I have 2 versions 1 with the maxis bridge and one with Sunrader's Pleasanter Bridge So hood will be bridgeless without a custom one. It's using Lush terrain instead of concrete because the original looked to be more grass. My Magic town is using the Dirt Terrain as I thought It would look more..spooky? It is using the maxis bridge as the placement didn't cause the usual maxis weirdness. I added all the trees because the og was in a forest. many trees you see in the pic were added after however, I didn't wanna spam trees into other ppl's games. So I only added a normal amount and figured If more were needed them it would be up to the person. I can easily add more though. Once again, I've added a few roads (sidenote I bet it'd look decent with a nice dirt road replacement like the original) and by the pic/angle of my hood I may have taken the pics backwards? lol. Sorry abt that. I'd love to hear your feedback!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 8:50 PM
Oh. You made it! Downtown has lots that are very similar in size and its roads are much regular then road knot you has in your neighborhood. River bank should be absolutely straight to accept beach lot. your bank is so so. Maybe beach lots will fit this, maybe not.

As for Magic town. Well.. it has a very narrow river that's almost a creek. You has a huge river. I suggest you to remove a bridge created by Sim City and place there a bridge from neighborhood decorations. Then you can tweak river banks to fit your prefferences using in-game cheats. Once finished you could even remove all roads from lots using Moothilda's tool and this will make neighborhood unaccessible by taxi (only by walk)

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 3:30 PM
And by broomstick, obviously.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 8:41 PM
The Magic Town is my favorite, I never play the old one so I will try this one. Hope it's faithful and creepy!