Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6926 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Building a roller coaster

EDIT: I finished building a roller coaster

Wow! That reminds me so much of the roller coasters in Sims 1... going to try building one now!
https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...lerCoaster.html

I can imagine that there is a lot of potantial with this set, I could make a Mr Bones wild ride!
Advertisement
Scholar
#6927 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 5:27 PM
Winter blew into Strangetown with a vengeance, sending the Beakers into a mad dash to winterproof their castle with solid doors in place of the many archways. Loki thinks it's time somebody started doing some research into this - he's sure there was no such thing as 'weather' when he was a boy!

As the snow piled up, Nevyn (formerly Nervous) began to worry about his old mum, all alone in her spooky house on the outskirts of town. The house is winterproof, but what if she needs to get out for groceries or something? She could call delivery, of course, but that costs more and Nevyn isn't convinced they always pick the best quality groceries, either. So he said goodbye to Loki and headed back home, moving into the room he'd vacated for Cousin Ophelia after her parents died.

Buck Grunt whooped with delight when he heard a Snow Day had been called. Not that he dislikes school - quite the opposite - but it meant he had a full day free to work on the Kim Hygienics scholarship. Jill Smith took the opportunity to catch up on her homework, and spent the rest of the day on the phone.

Lazlo had hoped to keep his job when he moved to Belladonna Cove with Crystal, but the commute was just too much, so he had to quit and is now looking for a job at the Belladonna Science Institute.

Helen Wheels decided to call one of her former professors for a date. It went like a dream (Buck and Jill, who also happened to be at the Crypt O'Night Club that evening, watched with interest and found it quite educational!), and later that night the professor stopped by her lodgings, first with a bouquet of flowers and then, just as I was commenting on what a skinflint he was, with a large telescope. Helen can't use or store the telescope in her room, but the money she got for it means she can easily afford at least a studio apartment when her current lease is up. She also went to the park again and made another $200 in tips for her piano playing. She's looking for a job on the Slacker career track but so far is making way more money just by doing the things she loves anyway.
Link Ninja
#6928 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Wow! That reminds me so much of the roller coasters in Sims 1... going to try building one now!
https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...lerCoaster.html

I can imagine that there is a lot of potantial with this set, I could make a Mr Bones wild ride!

Show us pics! It's definitely fun, and I heavily advise to read the PDF that it comes with and try out the sample coasters then go to town building your own custom one once you are used to the mechanism!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#6929 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 6:24 PM
Something I didn't think was possible: ghosts of many colors in an unowned cemetery.

I had created a gravekeeper named Monica who was going to buy Cedarview Cemetery in Emerald Heights. Wanting to know how much to add to her family funds for the purchase, I had her call Real Estate (not an owned business, just the menu choice) to enquire about the cost. As usual, I haven't gotten around yet to Monica actually buying the lot, but I have played a bunch of sessions. The first time a Sim visited the cemetery after Monica's call, a victim of a mass casualty fire showed up as a red ghost. That was surprising! The next time the ghost of a Sim who had drowned popped up briefly, blue, and leaving puddles; no spoilers, but he was already in the cemetery when I began playing the neighborhood. The third time another fire victim showed up, red, plus another drowning victim, blue and sloshing all over the cemetery (pictured below).

Has this happened to others in an unowned cemetery? Did simply calling Real Estate trigger the ability to spawn ghosts displaying different colors and behaviors, as they do on residential lots?

Screenshots
Link Ninja
#6930 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tancred
Something I didn't think was possible: ghosts of many colors in an unowned cemetery.

I had created a gravekeeper named Monica who was going to buy Cedarview Cemetery in Emerald Heights. Wanting to know how much to add to her family funds for the purchase, I had her call Real Estate (not an owned business, just the menu choice) to enquire about the cost. As usual, I haven't gotten around yet to Monica actually buying the lot, but I have played a bunch of sessions. The first time a Sim visited the cemetery after Monica's call, a victim of a mass casualty fire showed up as a red ghost. That was surprising! The next time the ghost of a Sim who had drowned popped up briefly, blue, and leaving puddles; no spoilers, but he was already in the cemetery when I began playing the neighborhood. The third time another fire victim showed up, red, plus another drowning victim, blue and sloshing all over the cemetery (pictured below).

Has this happened to others in an unowned cemetery? Did simply calling Real Estate trigger the ability to spawn ghosts displaying different colors and behaviors, as they do on residential lots?

Were all the color ghosts of sims whose graves were already on the lot that came with the hood or ones you had moved to the local cemetery after the playable sim died?

Lab Assistant
#6931 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 6:49 PM
Were all the color ghosts of sims whose graves were already on the lot that came with the hood or ones you had moved to the local cemetery after the playable sim died?

Two of each: the two drowning victims came with Emerald Heights (they are part of a playable's backstory), the two fire victims died since I started playing the neighborhood.
Top Secret Researcher
#6932 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 7:16 PM
That's supposed to be normal game behaviour if your sims take the graves to the unowned cemetery themselves, that is if they don't use the option you get by clicking on the tombstone to send the tombstone to the community lot without actually visiting it.
More info and a fix here: https://modthesims.info/d/625295
Instructor
#6933 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 7:35 PM

Ty Bubbler's being harassed by the llama and cheerleader
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6934 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 3:27 AM
Show us pics! It's definitely fun, and I heavily advise to read the PDF that it comes with and try out the sample coasters then go to town building your own custom one once you are used to the mechanism!

@Charmful
Well I read the PDF, but being a rebel (in my imagination ) I just went ahead and built one on a community lot, and then sent a sim to test it. Muhahaha!

In case you want to build your own, the rollercoaster and instructions are here at Pic'n'Mix Mods, and the gnomes are here at Ninth Wave and here at GOS by Psychosim. The Huge gnomes are actually hood deco, so they don't actually exist on the lot at all. But they look cool!

I didn't have any sims throw up although one errored out at the end of the ride so I'll play more to see. I like the bits where they bumped their heads, I could tell as I was building that it was too close but I thought I'd see what it looked like anyway. Pretty easy to build once you get the hang of it!
Hanging with the Gnomies
#6935 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
MR GNOME'S WILD RIDE!

I want to get off.
Link Ninja
#6936 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 4:26 AM
Ahhh I love this @simsample !!! The gnome theme is fun and I dare say the one gnome might be TOO big lol. I like the blue and red and glad your sims had a great time! Wonderful first attempt!!!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6937 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 9:49 AM
Ahhh I love this @simsample !!! The gnome theme is fun and I dare say the one gnome might be TOO big lol.

Yes it is, I already had one of the smaller gnomes in the neighbourhood, dominating the view from mostly every lot. But this one is even more obtrusive, and in the view of the viaduct too, which is about the only redeeming feature of this neighbourhood. I think I'll leave it there for a while until I get fed up of it though. :D
Incidentally, there is an even larger version of the gnome in Psychosims' download, too!
Mad Poster
#6938 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 10:40 AM
I've been updating my game with some of the farm stuff for my Pleasantview Epic Challenge and got a few pictures.
Screenshots
Instructor
#6939 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 11:21 PM
Had my first ever sim(s) flunk out of university since I began playing a wants-based playstyle. Woo! Only took me what like 16 years? Didn't realize that upon being expelled they immediately age up so I wasn't able to give Ty Bubbler his additional $1000 into his bank account
(I use a shorter uni mod so they skip every other semester so I cheat them all $1000 for each of the skipped semesters just so that they have some money saved up because I also use no 20k)
Forum Resident
#6940 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 11:29 AM
I've been cracking open the recording software every time I open my hospital, and then building without camera in other lots...stay tuned for another speedbuild?

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Scholar
#6941 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 2:01 PM Last edited by sturlington : 16th Sep 2021 at 3:42 PM.
I keep trying every which way to play rotationally, but around the second or third generation, I lose my focus. I just can't keep so many characters' stories distinct. I think I need to play with fewer houses. I admire people who can play with 200 families, but that's just not for me.

So I restarted Pleasantview, and this time I am focusing only on the Goths, because I think I can play between 2 and 4 houses and have it still be fun. (It's between the Goths and the Brokes who are my favorite family, although if I was going to pick a family with a single parent and three boys, I'd likely pick the Grunts.) This time, I'm playing what if Bella Goth actually came back?

So the story is that Darren helped Cassandra locate the missing Bella, which is why they're so close, and Cassandra brought her to the wedding as a surprise. (That also explains why Darren kept calling Bella after the wedding, although she was never home to take his calls. And I figure Mary-Sue was actually Bella's friend but got close to Cassandra during the search for her, which explains why Mary-Sue is so much older than Cassandra.) When Mortimer saw her, he was overcome and forgot all about Dina. After Cassandra and Don moved into their own house, Mortimer had Bella move in. She had her own bedroom, and they focused on rebuilding her relationships with Mortimer and her kids and regaining her lost memories. Bella wasn't there long, and she was using the telescope, when she was abducted by aliens. This to me confirmed her story of her disappearance--that it was an alien abduction, and they dumped her in Strangetown, which was where Darren discovered her. How wonderful of the game to play into the story in my head! Bella was traumatized after this second abduction, and it took her a long time to recover.

Meanwhile, Alexander went to college with Lucy, and the two of them got married afterward in a nice family wedding. They had a baby right away, Felicity, and are living with Mortimer and Bella. Don and Cassandra are living in their own beautiful house, and they have had two children, Enrique and Gina. Don was carrying on his affair with Nina right after the wedding, but she got pregnant with a son, Nico, and he never called her again after that. He's also dropped Kaylynn, it seems, although she works for them. He then took up with Dina, and their affair is ongoing; Dina kind of considers herself the "winner" between her and her sister where Don is concerned, and she is careful about birth control and wants to take Don away from Cassandra and marry him.

ETA Even though I am not playing the other families, they are living their lives, and I'm using the Sim Blender to keep their ages in sync and give them children, if appropriate. All the teens went to college. Lilith and Dirk got engaged in college, got married afterward, and have one child the same age as Lucy and Alexander's. Dustin wanted to get engaged to Angela, but I put in this mod that randomly rejects proposals/runs away at the altar, and Angela left him at the altar. That made Dustin furious with Angela, and he hates her now. But since they woohooed at the graduation party, she got pregnant and is now living with her parents and raising the child there.
Scholar
#6942 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 7:43 PM
Five more Sims have graduated from LGU.

JoAnn Gutenberg had enough saved up to afford a one-bedroom apartment. Her LTW is to earn $100,000, so when she saw a job advertised in the Law career, she figured that would be a good way of achieving her goal. She invited Andy Bellum over for a "house-warming", so to speak, but neither of them considers the relationship exclusive.

Dot Matrix couldn't quite afford a one-bedroom, but has taken a studio directly under JoAnn's place. Her LTW is for 20 simultaneous lovers. Her latest squeeze, Cale Tellerman, offered her a job as a fact checker at his newspaper (Wait, he owns a newspaper? While still at college? If Dot were a Fortune Sim, she'd consider him a keeper!), but she managed to get herself fired on the first day after overlooking an error.

The frat boys, Hi Thyme and Andy Bellum, saw Tank Grunt's ad for a roommate and considered it, but realized they could get a two-bedroom in Belladonna Cove for less than Tank was asking for one room, so they've taken that option. Andy wants to go into Law Enforcement but has taken a job in the Military for now, while Hi is still looking for something fun.

Ida Juana Knowe's LTW is to have 20 simultaneous best friends. She couldn't quite afford a one-bedroom but decided she'd rather have a two-room suite in the boarding house (with kitchen and bathroom down the hall) instead of a studio apartment. She didn't see any jobs she liked the look of, but got the opportunity to sign on for Social Security, which suits her just fine for now - it will cover her rent, bills and food while leaving her free all day to work on those friendships. She was just going to bed after a long day on the phone when Daisy Wheels called to suggest going downtown; Ida Juana chose Sugar Cube Bowling and Daisy brought a bunch of friends. A good time was had by all - including Tank, for whom Ida Juana now has two bolts.
Scholar
#6943 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 10:52 PM
I played both Goth households for two days each. So much happened.

Don had the day off and had the want to woohoo in the hot tub, and Kaylynn was there, so... Kaylynn is going to get pregnant from that encounter, and have to quit being a maid and take a job to support herself as a single mother. And Don will never call her again. I can't help myself, giving Don illegitimate kids, but his kids are always so good-looking. Now both his kids with Cassandra will have a half-sibling around their own age. Don decided his next conquest was going to be his sister-in-law, Lucy, so he spent some time talking to her on the phone. The next night, they threw a double birthday party for both kids, and all the friends and family came. Don got Lucy alone in a bedroom and flirted with her and gave her a little kiss. She didn't turn him down. Enrique became a teen, took on the Romance aspiration because he is closest to his father, and yes, he is very good-looking. His half-brother Nico also grew up, and yes, he is very good-looking too, but he is Fortune like his aunt Dina.

At the Goth manor, Lucy had the day off and wanted to get a promotion, so she drove downtown to work out at the spa there. Then she wanted to get dinner, so she called up Dustin Broke. He's her friend, and she's been spending time with him since he and Angela broke up, which he was feeling down about. Well, at dinner, he hit on her, one thing led to another, and they ended up woohooing in the car. Lucy got home feeling both guilty and like she wanted to see Dustin again, and couldn't sleep because of it. Meanwhile, Alexander was stargazing on the roof, and he was abducted by aliens! Bella was so upset, she spent the whole night on the roof, wringing her hands. (Mortimer had passed away by this point.) Maybe this was what all those alien experiments on her had been leading to. Alexander was returned, and everyone was so relieved that he and Lucy had to go woohoo. Then she went to work before his baby bump appeared, so I don't know yet how she is going to react to that.
Forum Resident
#6944 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 3:15 PM
I've decided to have a go at having a sim run a business, just to kind of spice up the family dynamics a little bit, as they all seem to just be popping out kids. Henry Goth was the sim I thought would be a good fit, as he got fired from his job recently (on his first day...), and he's got the Goth money and name to back him up. Since he lives in Strangetown, he opened a restaurant there called "Restaurante La Strange," and since I've only played a day so far, the success of this business is yet to be seen.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Lab Assistant
#6945 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 7:45 PM
*sigh*
Not in my game exactly, but in the game files.
I just got a reminder why I put off coming back to this game for such a long time - having to do the 50/50 method with 20 GB worth of CC due to lots crashing.
After spending quite a few nice hours in between doing homework sorting through mods and reloading the game, I found the culprit, I thought. CuriousB's road overlays, apparently. I was really quite sad because it's one of my favourite pieces of CC and I don't understand where the conflict is coming from.
Took it out from my little mod sample, ran the game - yep, all fine. And then I put the rest of my mods back in and it turns out that the lots are crashing still.
(ಥ﹏ಥ)
This is such pain! I just want to get back into playing!
I'm writing this here because no one will understand this suffering like fellow simmers. Please send sympathy flowers... and some chocolate would be good too.
Mad Poster
#6946 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 8:27 PM
Maybe the problem isn't CC at all. Have you done the graphic rules and the 4G patch?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#6947 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 8:44 PM
I'm so sorry about your CC situation, Misaki, it is so frustrating when things like that get in the way of playing the game.

I didn't have any work today, so I played about 5 days in each Goth household, including the weekend. Things took an... interesting turn.
--
Don had the day off, so he invited Lucy over and was able to seduce her in the hot tub before Enrique got home from school. (Since Lucy became an Adventurer, she has become more and more reckless and wild, doing crazy things like having multiple affairs now; I think the job has brought that out in her.) After she left and Enrique got home, he wanted to fall in love with his friend, Bobbi Broke, so he invited her over (third Broke child turned out to be a girl this time). It only took a little flirting for them to fall in love, but after that, he had no more romantic wants for her and just played chess. Once she went home, though, he did think he might want to ask her to go steady.

The next day was Saturday, so Enrique asked Bobbi on a date, and they went bowling downtown at the teen hangout, Sugar Cube Bowling. The date was a dream date, and Enrique asked Bobbi to go steady and got his first kiss. After the date, he spent some time talking to other girls there. Cassandra, Don, and Gina had a quiet family night at home.

The next day, Cassandra went out for lunch with some colleagues and got a crush on one of her coworkers, Jessie, from throwing food at him but didn’t follow up on that (even though he called her later that night). While she was gone, Enrique had a townie girl over who he’d met the night before (Andrea), and they had an okay date. Then Bobbi called him to go out again, but he didn’t pay much attention to her, and instead hung out with his half-brother and best friend, Nico, most of the night.

Cassandra is getting older, so she seduced Don in the hopes of getting pregnant one last time, and it worked. Enrique asked Andrea out after school in the hopes of getting to make out with her, but was caught by Bobbi; it was a dream date all the same. The next day, Enrique had another date with Andrea and asked her home, where he was able to get his first woohoo in the hot tub because everyone was distracted by the new baby, who is named Isabella. Then there was a huge fire that night in the yard that Don was caught in as he got home from work while everyone was sleeping; he was badly injured and nearly died. I think he only lived because the nanny had made cookies and left them out, so he had something quick to eat. He was still recovering when I left them--I wonder if he will rethink his life after his near-death experience?
--
In the other Goth house, Alexander’s alien baby, Hugo, was born, and Lucy seems to be okay with the situation. Her adventuring career has made her more accepting of strange situations, as well, and indeed, she came home from her latest mission having been transformed into a werewolf. (Actually, this happened due to a mod I have that allows autonomous nibbling by the pack leader, but that almost never happens, and I was floored when it happened to Lucy.) Alexander thinks she is super-hot as a werewolf, and he also wants to be a werewolf now. Lucy doesn’t seem to want to be cured, and she has become very playful and impulsive since she transformed. She invited Don over for a middle-of-the-night water balloon fight, but then Don got scared by a ghost and went home. Don does not like Lucy being a werewolf and may not ask her out again.

The next day was Sunday, and Alexander took Felicity to the park for some fishing. Hugo became a toddler that night, and immediately afterward, Bella died. Everyone but Lucy was very upset about this. She transformed into a werewolf and went out to the sleazy motel to woohoo with Dustin and eat from the buffet all night. Dustin did not like to hear her howl, though. Dustin wants to marry Lucy, but he also wants her cured. Lucy seems to have no intentions of leaving Alexander or seeking a cure, as she is very comfortable with the Goth money, he loves her as a werewolf, and he is totally clueless about her extracurricular activities.

Over the next few days, Alexander taught Hugo all of his toddler skills; he is very smart. Felicity had a birthday and took the Fortune aspiration. Lucy went out prowling all night and invited Don to join her, but after only a little flirting, he left. She really seems to weird him out now.

--
So I was thinking about having Alexander sell Goth Manor after Bella died, but now that Lucy is a werewolf, I don't know. Where else would a werewolf live but a haunted house? I kept thinking she'd get the want for a cure, but so far she hasn't, which is strange for a non-Knowledge Sim.
Lab Assistant
#6948 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Maybe the problem isn't CC at all. Have you done the graphic rules and the 4G patch?

Unfortunately (well, fortunately) I do, it would make my job so much easier now if I didn't ):
Mad Poster
#6949 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 12:33 AM
Romantic drama all over the place in Arundel, and Edwin Tyler is on the brink of yet another engagement going down in flames due to another woman (also engaged to another man) chasing him-Marion Sawyer has been stalking him, and his fiancee, Evelyn Jordan, falsely befriending Evelyn in hopes of flirting with Edwin and stealing him away.

Evelyn had no idea that Marion was being so underhanded and sneaky-she only found out her true intentions when after a little romantic romp with Edwin, Marion (who had stopped to visit) started flirting with him, and he didn't reject it. Evelyn was hurt, shocked and angered.

Edwin did some very fast talking and flirting to prevent Evelyn from breaking up with him on the spot, and temporarily succeeded in mollifying Evelyn so she wasn't mad at him, when Marion again made a pass at him in front of Evelyn that he did not reject.

That did it. Evelyn is done with him-and she's now going to get her ex-boyfriend (whom she abandoned in favor of Edwin) to take her back. So far it's working-they've been in romantic lust, she's in love with Bobby Carroll again,but Bobby is kinda hesitant about taking her back because he doesn't trust her completely.

Problem is, Marion doesn't even know if she wants to get engaged to Edwin, or if she's just bored with her present fiance.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#6950 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 3:10 AM
Nina went on a blind date, courtesy of Melissa Fancey with what looked like the sports hobby instructor or a coach. He is right behind Don with 3 bolts and they had a dream date, so now she's one step closer to her 20 woohoos ltw. Funnily enough, Lucy was on the lot and she completely freaked out about Nina's date. I guess she was angry on her cheating dead uncle's behalf? I've also remade Dina and Nina's old condo into a family home for Lucy and her boys. The kids will have their own bedrooms and there's also an extra one because #familysim. Jennifer will help a bit financially and then they should be able to move in in two rotations from now.

Jennifer, John, Brad, Cindy and Jackie Burb consistently roll for a puppy so Barbie and Ken (please don't laugh) are now expecting. J & J also want another grandchild but a puppy will have to do for now. Poor Brad is waiting for Nighat Goth to go to college and then graduate, so they can finally get married and start their own family. Right now he is basically a live-in maid for his parents and sisters but he's a very neat family sim so at least he's having fun. I could honestly imagine him never moving out. Occasionally he rolls the want for the Medicine career which is kind of sad. Oh well, no one told you not to go to college! Speaking of, Meadow Thayer is on her 3rd semester of the literature major. I have no faith in her getting her degree but I hope she'll stay as long as possible for the grants. She and Primo will certainly need them. And they're both family so... yeah.
Page 278 of 349