Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 6:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to get rid of medieval/castle outerwear for townies?
Hi there! This is my very first post on this site so apologies if I'm doing it wrong. I just got back into sims 2 during the pandemic after a 10 year hiatus and it's so wonderful to have this forum! Ok back to the question - I have the ultimate collection and it really bugs me that most of the townies are defaulting to the medieval(?) outerwear that comes with the ultimate collection. Just seems strange having sims walking around in medieval castle wear when that's not my specific game theme, ya know? Just trying to figure out if there is a way to delete this or make it so the townies don't default to that outerwear. Thanks in advance! And again, sorry if I'm posting to the wrong thread.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 7:16 AM Last edited by glowstarsinajar : 15th Sep 2021 at 7:58 AM.
Do you have a picture of what they're wearing? Maybe this dress? Off the top of my head, that's the most medieval item aside from the knight costume. https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/164351.html

You can probably use a default replacement to change the item so something else shows up in your game instead. The default replacement database that I linked to has a lot of different options. And there are guides here on MTS to help with installing cc if you haven't done it before.

It's also possible to edit the file so it's just flagged as not available for townies, so if you know the specific item, you might be able to find someone who already made that mod.

Edit: I just saw this reddit post - does this look like what you're seeing?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 10:18 AM
I got rid of them because of that, everyone will end up walking around in the chain maille or various lady of the manor dresses, not just the townies but also playable sims, when they transition, always seem to get one of those outfits in at least one category. And not many of us play an exclusively medieval game.

Search for them online to find the name of the packages if you want to remove them too. We cannot link to them here because EA still doesn't allow it so the forum admins ask us not to. They are called Store items or Store Stuff.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 11:16 AM
Yes, I hate them too. I left them in case I used them, but they have ended up invading all my saves. So I think I'm going to delete them too.
Alchemist
#5 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 4:44 PM
I would just change the property set for the store stuff to make them unavailable or delete them from Downloads.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar
Do you have a picture of what they're wearing? Maybe this dress? Off the top of my head, that's the most medieval item aside from the knight costume. https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/164351.html

You can probably use a default replacement to change the item so something else shows up in your game instead. The default replacement database that I linked to has a lot of different options. And there are guides here on MTS to help with installing cc if you haven't done it before.

It's also possible to edit the file so it's just flagged as not available for townies, so if you know the specific item, you might be able to find someone who already made that mod.

Edit: I just saw this reddit post - does this look like what you're seeing?

-- Yes that's what it looks like! Thanks so much for the response. I've included some pictures of the outfits. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this, so I tried finding the files to delete but to no avail, seems they still showed up when I went to delete what I thought was the package that included these outfits.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lallybroch93
-- Yes that's what it looks like! Thanks so much for the response. I've included some pictures of the outfits. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this, so I tried finding the files to delete but to no avail, seems they still showed up when I went to delete what I thought was the package that included these outfits.

Make sure not to delete them from inside the game as that is maxis store content. You need to find and remove the files.

I would be more inclined to use closet gussy up which allows you to click on any sim, including townies and change their clothes. https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...y-internet-died This adds a 'gussy up' to the sims pie menu and you can not only set clothes but change appearance and even do plastic surgery right there on the footpath.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 1:53 AM
Check if you have any files in your downloads called "afbodymedievalceltic" or "ambodychainmailleknight" or "ambodyregentcoat" (not sure if those were mentioned in the Reddit post - my browser flips out when I open it up for some reason).

If yours happen to be default replacements using those files then I don't know, but these ones should be easy to check for (if you find other outfits alongside those with similar names, you'll probably want to remove those too).