Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 8:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default I can't access the Secret Society Lot.
Ok I found an error with the Secret Society at Académie Le Tour and I need some help in fixing it.

What happened is that for some reason when my Sim was trying to go home the limo came to get him and then the progress to go home just stopped, the game does not freeze and the Sim is in the limo, but it does not load the Neighborhood like it should and that Icon for the Car or whatever just stays and I could not save or do anything except exit to the Neighborhood with out saving.
Next I am back at his home lot, but if I try to call Transportation to take a Sim to the Secret Society the limo comes and the Sim gets in and the limo pulls out, but it stops and hangs and I can only exit to the Neighborhood without saving.

I added boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true to my userStartup.cheat file as my note on the loadLot cheat said that I needed to do it.

However when I tried to use the cheat loadLot [lot name] it gives me an "unknown command" error. I typed loadLot Volauvent Society, but I don't know if that is the correct lot name or If I am doing something else wrong.

I wanted to load the lot so that I could try to to fix it with Chris Hatch's LotCleaner MOD.

Some help please?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 9:39 PM
Try putting the lotname in quotation marks.
loadlot "volauvent society"
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Try putting the lotname in quotation marks.
loadlot "volauvent society"

Ok I will do that, hopefully it will work and I can fix this lot some how. I will let you know.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Ok I will do that, hopefully it will work and I can fix this lot some how. I will let you know.

I tried your suggestion, but the problem is that my game refuses to boot into Testing mode even though I have boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true on one line and then boolprop ControlPets on on the next line. The boolprop ControlPets cheat works as intended, but boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true does not work. I verified the spelling and case and I checked that ControlPets worked in case there was an error that stopped the loading of the commands. I don't know what to try next. The loadLot command does not work unless I boot into Testing mode it seems and I can't seem to manage that.

Any ideas?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 11:08 PM
Try enabling testingcheats in your globalprops file as in the first part of this guide:
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_guide:Allmenus_cheat

Not sure why your userstartup isn't working though- check you don't have the testingcheats turned off later in your file perhaps?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 12:48 AM
Ok I went and checked on my UserStartup.cheat file again and I discovered that the change that I had tried to make had not been saved properly, so I fixed that. After re-booting the loadLot cheat worked. Now to see if I can fix the main problem.

I appreciate your help so far. Now I am hoping that I can fix the lot somehow with the CJH mod, hopefully so.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 1:09 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 21st Sep 2021 at 8:45 PM. Reason: Update
Ok I had the lot loaded and I used the LotCleaner Mod, but unfortunately when I call Transportation to go to the Secret Society the limo stalls out or whatever you want to call it and my only option is to exit to the Neighborhood without saving.

Also I want to note that if a Sim is "arrested" and taken to the Secret Society everything is fine up until the Sim tries to go home and then I get the glitch again and the Sim can't leave and all I can do is exit to the Neighborhood

Update: I wanted to check to make sure that it is not due to some kind of strange mod conflict by testing without mods and so I tested by taking out all of the mods that are not object mods and the problem still appeared.

I wanted to check that the problem was not just the Neighborhood or something to do with Portals, so I checked using La Fiesta Tech at a dorm which I had not previously played and the problem occured.

Please Is there anyone who knows how University works that can give me any suggestions?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Ok I had the lot loaded and I used the LotCleaner Mod, but unfortunately when I call Transportation to go to the Secret Society the limo stalls out or whatever you want to call it and my only option is to exit to the Neighborhood without saving.

Also I want to note that if a Sim is "arrested" and taken to the Secret Society everything is fine up until the Sim tries to go home and then I get the glitch again and the Sim can't leave and all I can do is exit to the Neighborhood

Update: I wanted to check to make sure that it is not due to some kind of strange mod conflict by testing without mods and so I tested by taking out all of the mods that are not object mods and the problem still appeared.

I wanted to check that the problem was not just the Neighborhood or something to do with Portals, so I checked using La Fiesta Tech at a dorm which I had not previously played and the problem occured.

Please Is there anyone who knows how University works that can give me any suggestions?

I have discovered that this issue happens when a Sim in University is Invited Downtown on an Outing, but if a Sim is NOT at University being invited Downtown on an Outing works just fine.

Does this give anyone any idea as to what is happening in University to cause this glitch?

Right now I have just given up using the Secret Society for anything and I have been just adding my Sims into the Secret Society so that the whole abduction thing does not happen. I would love to be able to go back to the normal game play though, so any ideas will be appreciated.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 4:45 PM
I'm confused by what you are saying in your previous post- do you mean when a sim is invited downtown from a Secret Society lot?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 5:17 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 24th Oct 2021 at 5:32 PM.
I'm confused by what you are saying in your previous post- do you mean when a sim is invited downtown from a Secret Society lot?

No I can't use the Secret Society Lot so I have just made all of my playable Sims Members of the Secret Society as then I don't get them "arrested" and taken to the Secret Society lot thus I avoid the problem. Therefore none of my Sims are on the Secret Society Lot at any point, I can't go there using Transportation: Go to Secret Society option anyway.
<<<+=+=+=>>>

No, the problem is that under these conditions: The Sim is in a University Neighborhood in one of the normal House Lots, and the Sim is Invitited Downtown on an Outing, I have the Sim go on the Outing and everything is fine up to where the Taxi is supposed to leave. Then the Taxi fails to exit the Lot and I and can not save and Must Exit to the Neighborhood.

If the Sim is not a YA Sim and thus is in some Neighborhood that is not a Uni Neighborhood, then if the Sim is Invited Downtown for an Outing everything precedes Normally.

<<<+=+=+=>>>

Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
I've had an issue with the Landgrabb Society, the game would crash when I tried to go there.
So it's not quite the same issue but you might still try what fixed it for me: I loaded the lot in build mode using the loadlot cheat, and then I hovered over everything until I found some piece of furniture that could not be sold, it was stuck "in use". I deleted it with the help of the MoveObjects cheat, saved, and that fixed it.

Another possible solution: the limo might be blocked by some invisible objects?
I had that issue on a vacation hotel lot, there were invisible beach towels everywhere and the taxi could not use the road to leave the lot, even the road was covered in abandoned beach towels.
So turn MoveObjects on, and hover over empty spaces, especially the road, to check whether there is something invisible there that can be grabbed.
Also, try plopping a few Stuck Object Removers (Pescado's yellow box) here and there on the road, see if something invisible exists there. (Be careful not to save afterwards in case some portal or anything is deleted that should not have been.)
There is an option that appears on the batbox when there are stuck invisible objects, the command only appears when there are: Nuke... Lost sandcastles. That's what removed my invisible beach towels.

I tried to go to the Secret Society in the Umm Desert Uni Neighborhood {I forget the name right now} Using the Transportation: Go to Secret Society menue option, because I had never went there with one of my Sims before and I had not previously played this Uni Neighborhood. Also I was at a Dorm that I had never used in playing the Neighborhood.

I wanted to see if it was the Portals or the particular Secret Society, however I found that I still could not go to the Secret Society and the Limo did the same thing it was doing, it got stuck leaving the lot and I had to Exit to the Neighborhood.

So It is something to do with University Itself, not the Portals or the Particular Secret Society Lot. Also it involves the Taxi and Being Invited on an Outing while being a Young Adult in Uni. See my Previous answer in this post.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 6:53 PM
Yes I agree with @Lili975 , my copy of this Uni works just fine and if you are having this issue in other neighbourhoods then it's likely a CC issue.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 11:13 PM
I will take out my downloads folder and then test and get back to you all and report on my findings. Thanks to everyone who is trying to help, I appreciate it.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 12:11 AM
Be sure to backup before removing your downloads folder @lordtyger9
Game Help:Back Upswiki
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 11:50 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 28th Oct 2021 at 9:19 PM.
Be sure to backup before removing your downloads folder @lordtyger9
Game Help:Back Upswiki

Note: I made a copy first before removing my Downloads Folder, I do appreciate the reminder BTW.

My Report: Nope No Joy In Mudville,

Even though I tested with No Downloads Folder just to make absolutely sure that the problem is not caused by CC of anykind, the problem occurs.

What I did exactly is I had a Sim go to the Transportation Menu and Call for the Limo to take them to the Secret Society. The Limo comes like it is supposed to and then the Limo halts and then the only thing I can do is Exit to the Neighborhood.

Note: I have tried this same operation in a Different University Neighborhood with a Different Sim and I got the same result.

@simsample @Lili975
Update: I previously was in error when I wrote that a Sim could invite me Downtown for an Outing. I found that on Oct 27 that when one of my Sims was invited to go on an Outing Downtown that the Taxi would not leave the Lot and I could only Exit to the Neighborhood with out saving.

Screen Shot is included in this post.
Screenshots

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 4:02 PM
Did you get this fixed @lordtyger9 ?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 12:27 AM
Did you get this fixed @lordtyger9 ?

Umm No, still not fixed. I don't know what I should try next. I checked with a Different University, problems are there as well and several different Sims problem occurs each time, I checked without CC problems still occur.

So it seems Global, but I have establshed that it is not a mod or bad CC. It is not just The Secret Society it is any Outings to Downtown while at University, but there are no problems when not at University. So it is something to do with Universty, but I don't know what it is and I can't use SimPE or Hoodchecker etc. I am really at a loss as to what to do next and I have basically given up, as the only solution I can think of is to start the game over again and I don't want to do that right now.

Thanks for asking, I appreciate you thinking of me. Hugs

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 10:07 AM
Was the different University attached to the same base neighbourhood? If not then it's worth making a test neighbourhood and Uni to see if it works there.
If that fails then what I would test next is to drag your Sims 2 folder to the desktop, and run the game to generate another. Then make a random town with Uni to see if you have problems with that. If so, then it's a problem with the game installation files; if not then you know the issue is with your userdata files.
Sorry for not replying sooner, this one slipped under my radar somehow!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Jan 2022 at 4:20 PM
Was the different University attached to the same base neighbourhood? If not then it's worth making a test neighbourhood and Uni to see if it works there.
If that fails then what I would test next is to drag your Sims 2 folder to the desktop, and run the game to generate another. Then make a random town with Uni to see if you have problems with that. If so, then it's a problem with the game installation files; if not then you know the issue is with your userdata files.
Sorry for not replying sooner, this one slipped under my radar somehow!

Your suggestions are helpful. I would go ahead and do the tests sometime soon and update you, but to be honest I have basically given up on this problem as I think it will go away if I either create a new base neighborhood or start over with a new Sims 2 folder. The way I have it set up I can not easily go to a new base neighborhood as I removed all of the Main Neighborhoods except for Strangetown. So when I get around to testing I intend to just make the game generate a new Sims 2 folder. Ehh the thing is I have a lot of progress in my game and I don't want to start things over until I have to. I did not have the problem when I first started this particular iteration, also this is umm 4th iteration of this game and I would like to play longer. So I just use a mod and add the Students to the Secret Society and pretty much avoid the problem.