Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2009 at 5:53 AM
Default "I've been everywhere, man!" Your Aussie Travel Stories
We all know that Australia is a pretty massive country, and there are plenty of great places to go and visit with countless opportunities.
So where have you been?
What's the best holiday you've been on in Australia?
Have you got any funny travel stories about your holidays around Australia?
What's your favourite place to go?

For me, I've been to every state apart from WA and Tasmania, but I might be going to Tassie later on in the year. I've travelled all over Victoria on separate holidays, and I've travelled around NSW a fair bit as well. I stopped for a couple of nights in Coober Pedy on a long trip up to the NT, as well as some other places in SA.

For me the best holiday I've been on here is going up with my school for a two week trip to the NT. We went by bus, starting from ACT, going through VIC, then to SA, and finally going to the NT. After spending three nights in Darwin we flew back to save us from another massively long bus trip.

I have to say my favourite places to go in Australia are both in Victoria, and they are Bright and Melbourne. Melbourne because I just love the city and the shopping, and Bright because it's in such a beautiful location and it's just the perfect place to go an relax. I've been to Bright three times, and every time it was for a week. Even though the town is so small, I was never bored once.

So what about you?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th May 2009 at 6:56 AM
Ooh! You'll have to visit me! :p

The only states I have ever been to is New South Wales and Victoria, other than Tasmania. (I live there. Hello?) I'd love to go to Queensland in the winter at one stage. I know I will be going back to Victoria in Grade 9, and maybe to Queensland in Grade 10. You never know!

The best holiday I've ever been on in Australia (which, I might add, was the ONLY holiday I've ever been on, unfortunately.) was in Scamander, down here in Tassie. It was good because it was during the summer, and we went to the beach every day, 'cos we could! (Scamander is on the coast.) We had a New Years barbecue, and the best part? Staying at a house that has an indoor heated pool! That was so awesome. (Oh, and if you ever come down here. Elephant Pass has great pancakes. )

I guess that's all I can fill in. :p

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 17th May 2009 at 8:24 AM
I've only been to NSW and VIC, besides SA of course (where I live)

I was born in Campbelltown in NSW, but moved to Adelaide when I was about 2 so I don't really remember it. At the end of 2007, I went to Wollongong to visit our family over there, including some long-lost relatives from Portugal (my mother's side is all Portuguese), but because it was basically a family reunion we didn't actually go anywhere.

And then in February this year I went to Melbourne and met a shitload of people I know from an online community, and we spent 3 days in St Kilda. We went to a show at the Palais Theatre, walked around the city and saw quite a bit of St Kilda when me and a friend got lost for 2 hours walking around.

So, I don't really have many stories unfortunately.
Inventor
#4 Old 17th May 2009 at 7:41 PM
I've never been to WA, Tassie or northern Queensland, but I've been to most other areas. I'm from Victoria, and I've travelled pretty extensively down here.

I think my best holiday would be a school trip I did to the Northern Territory in 2002. We travelled on The Ghan from Melbourne to Alice Springs, and then spent just over a fortnight travelling north to Darwin. We camped in the West MacDonell Ranges, near Kings Canyon, Uluru, the Devil's Marbles, Mataranka, Kakadu, Litchfield, and it was spectacular. I saw some of the most amazingly beautiful scenery I could ever imagine.

My favourite place to go is up around Eildon and the Big River. We always had our holidays up there when I was younger, and I have a lot of happy memories. I also love the Yarra Valley, especially around the upper Yarra region - my grandparents lived there and I spent a lot of time there as a child as well.

Please call me Laura
"The gene pool needs more chlorine."
My Site
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th May 2009 at 11:01 PM
Laura, your Nothern Territory trip sounds very similar to the one I did with my school. We camped at all the same spots, and the only real difference (from the information you've said) is that we went by bus instead. The NT definitely does have some of the most amazingly beautiful scenery around.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 9:55 AM
I've visited Sydney, Melbourne, Cooma, Canberra, Brisbane, Rockhampton, Great Keppel Island, Hobart, Launceston, Port Arthur, and in March I will be visiting Central Australia on a camp.

Three equals four.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 12:13 PM
So where have you been?
Sydney, Gold Coast, Airlie Beach/Proserpine/Whitsundays, Albury, Newcastle, Canberra, Devonport.

What's the best holiday you've been on in Australia?
WhitSundays.

Have you got any funny travel stories about your holidays around Australia?
Other than it taking FOREVER to get ANYWHERE! No.

What's your favourite place to go?
WhitSundays and Devonport.

Hydroxide

Hydroxide Studio | Visit me!
Instructor
#8 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 1:09 PM
Pixcii: come to tassie. It's very beautiful one thing i always noticen when i come back to tassie from a holiday is that the air seems so fresh and clean, i cant explain it. Make sure you come to Launceston. You can visit me LOL

Tree4me: what parta tas? Your not the person i was pming with last year cause we grew up pretty much in the same neighbourhood and didn't know it lol

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 1:23 AM
Does anybody like Melbourne (my hometown) for holidays? Coz I can't imagine people would.

Hydroxide

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 1:24 AM
Tashi: I so want to go to Tassie. It's so pretty :3

Hydoxide: I love visiting Melbourne. The shopping is great, the food is amazing, and everyone is so fashionable xD Such a step up from the dead-end city that is Canberra.
Instructor
#11 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hydroxide
Does anybody like Melbourne (my hometown) for holidays? Coz I can't imagine people would.

We go to melbourne lots (I live in tassie) we really love it. OMG I absolutley love the shopping, the DFOs are great! I wish we had some here!
I went to melbourne 3 times in 2009. Once in February to see Fall Out Boy, In July for the wrestling ( Got dragged along by my bro) and later on in the year just for a holiday.

OH that brings me on to my next rant... TASMANIA HAS NOOOOO CONCERTS!
The mainland got heaps of my faves last year! FOB, Green day, the academy is ... eugh. So unfair. We're still here, ya know!

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Alchemist
#12 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 11:04 AM
Hydroxide, I love Melbourne! It's only a 2 1/2 hour drive, so we head down to Melbourne pretty often for day trips... And we have family there, so often meand mum head down to Melbourne for a weekend while the boys camp up on the Murray... I love the shopping in Melbourne!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 11:56 AM
lol. Chadstone anybody?

Hydroxide

Alchemist
#14 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 11:59 AM
CHADSTONE IS LIKE MY FAVOURITE SHOPPING PLACE EVER!!!
Sorry. In case you didn't notice, I love Chadstone. :p
Banned
#15 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 1:08 AM
Melbourne and Brisbane (to see rellies), Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Coocheemudlo (sp?) Island, and various other places.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hydroxide

I live there, and I love it.

Three equals four.