Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Little Chapel - Weddings and Receptions *Updated*

by Purplepaws Posted 13th Jun 2010 at 5:12 PM - Updated 2nd Jul 2011 at 12:29 PM by Purplepaws : Added Generations Version

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 7:37 PM
The problem with using content from the EA Store is EA is just does just as well at keeping items available for purchase as they do at keeping their web servers running.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
The problem with using content from the EA Store is EA is just does just as well at keeping items available for purchase as they do at keeping their web servers running.

I realize that, and I'm sorry for inconvenience. I build primarily for my own game, and restricting myself from using Store content pretty much defeats the purpose of buying it in the first place.

I figure if someone doesn't have something, it's easy enough to replace.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#28 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 2:36 PM
Thank you so much for this! It looks really great.
Test Subject
#29 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 1:52 PM
I got a problem, i don't know in what to put this lot. When im in the game, and click a empty lot to change it in comunity lot there is a list small park, big park .. and whatever I put I cant place this lot on it. Can you say me what to put ?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 1:43 AM
Default Very Nicely Done
Quote: Originally posted by Butterfly4
I got a problem, i don't know in what to put this lot. When im in the game, and click a empty lot to change it in comunity lot there is a list small park, big park .. and whatever I put I cant place this lot on it. Can you say me what to put ?

Small Park

@PurplePaws

I have to say this is by far one of the more beautiful lots for weddings. I am a Wedding Enthusiast. It is one of the more important things that I do when I play the game. I'm such an enthusiast that my weddings will usually take about 2 days IRL to make sure I get pictures for family wall photos, Video ( in game video camera to watch on sim TVs ) and so on. This is why I enjoy this lot so much. So I just wanted to say thank you.

The only issue I have had with this lot in general after Generations came out I modified it dramatically. Wedding Arch, Chairs, Reception Area, etc etc etc. I had some serious routing issues with this lot after the Pets patch but managed to work through it. It took some serious rerouting to get everything to work again like it was supposed to. The hardest thing I found when adding in the Wedding Arch was the when the Bride & Groom would stand under the arch they would be rerouted under the arch at the alter. This led me to find that the flooring had a jig slot under it forcing them become stuck. I removed the jig slot and re-floored the building and they were then able to use the arch as it was meant to be. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue but hopefully if they have and they read this they'll be able to fix it as well. I have tried moving this lot into numerous different area's on a custom world and it always had the same routing issue. But it was easily enough fixable.

But aside from that after I made my changes, everything works like it should. And like I said, I have to admit by far this is one of the more gorgeous wedding lots I have seen yet. Looking forward to more of your creations.
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inf666ipi
I have to say this is by far one of the more beautiful lots for weddings. I am a Wedding Enthusiast. It is one of the more important things that I do when I play the game. I'm such an enthusiast that my weddings will usually take about 2 days IRL to make sure I get pictures for family wall photos, Video ( in game video camera to watch on sim TVs ) and so on. This is why I enjoy this lot so much. So I just wanted to say thank you.

The only issue I have had with this lot in general after Generations came out I modified it dramatically. Wedding Arch, Chairs, Reception Area, etc etc etc. I had some serious routing issues with this lot after the Pets patch but managed to work through it. It took some serious rerouting to get everything to work again like it was supposed to. The hardest thing I found when adding in the Wedding Arch was the when the Bride & Groom would stand under the arch they would be rerouted under the arch at the alter. This led me to find that the flooring had a jig slot under it forcing them become stuck. I removed the jig slot and re-floored the building and they were then able to use the arch as it was meant to be. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue but hopefully if they have and they read this they'll be able to fix it as well. I have tried moving this lot into numerous different area's on a custom world and it always had the same routing issue. But it was easily enough fixable.

But aside from that after I made my changes, everything works like it should. And like I said, I have to admit by far this is one of the more gorgeous wedding lots I have seen yet. Looking forward to more of your creations.

Thanks for the the kind words; they're much appreciated.

And thank you very much for posting your solutions to the routing problems. I haven't had much time to play the game since Generations (which is why the new version wasn't tested very thoroughly), so it's much appreciated. Whenever I get the chance, I will certainly test it out better and hopefully re-upload a fixed version.

(You are talking about the new Generations version, right--not the original? Looking over your post again, I may have misinterpreted.)

Quote: Originally posted by Butterfly4

Sorry, I completely missed your post until now. It should fit on any community-zoned lot 40x40 or larger. (Though I always set mine to "no visitors allowed." The type will change to small park as soon as you place the lot.)

Sensitivity is strength.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 3rd May 2012 at 10:15 PM
Just adorable, good job (:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 6:42 AM
What version should I use-I have all the expansions up to Pets(no Showtime) but I do not own OLS, so I don't know what one I should use? Thanks
Scholar
Original Poster
#34 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alyssalovesyouu
What version should I use-I have all the expansions up to Pets(no Showtime) but I do not own OLS, so I don't know what one I should use? Thanks

Sorry for the delay. It's up to you; both versions should work. If you go with the newer one, it will have some of the updated features, but anything from OLS or the Romanza Store set (if you don't have that) will be replaced by something base-game. So if you don't mind tidying up a bit, I'd go with that one.

Sensitivity is strength.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 1:21 AM
Thanks so much. I was looking for a wedding chapel and this one is exceptional. It's gorgeous like all your other creations.

Sorry if this makes you answer this question twice. I was wondering if you uploaded the fixed version for this? And is it compatible with Showtime EP and the latest patch?
Scholar
Original Poster
#36 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by devylzangyl
Sorry if this makes you answer this question twice. I was wondering if you uploaded the fixed version for this? And is it compatible with Showtime EP and the latest patch?

Sorry, I haven't. I never had the time to test it out much, and it's unlikely that I will anytime soon. My guess is that it should be compatible; I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be.

Sensitivity is strength.
Test Subject
#37 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 5:45 PM
Hi,

Tammy trauma item isn't available to download.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 30th May 2013 at 2:06 PM
This place is very great!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 9:30 PM
Lovely lot and great for parties. It offers everything a Sim needs to host a great event and keep all their guests happy. Well done!
THANKS POST
#40 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 10:00 AM
LOVE it!!!! :)
Test Subject
#41 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 7:24 PM
Thank you for a lovely Wedding Chapel. Please help me.. the arches in your new version are not loading onto my garden. Please advise what I'm missing. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:45 PM
Love it! Thank you for creating such an amazing chapel!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 9:06 PM
My sims will be happy to have this for the receptions and weddings :)
Page 2 of 2