Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 3:34 AM
Default Dad is right! I'm turning frail!
My dad complains of all the sick people appearing, by sick, they have allergies, food intolerances, illnesses and he remembers when he was young, it was a non-existent and non-problem era.
In any case, I have to point his hypocrisy out in he has a casein intolerance in that he eventually got it, so why is he not pulling out the ingrained 2x4?.

My problems are due to my problems I inherited over time. The only thing I outgrew was asthma.
I have a hazelnut allergy, allergies to the various plants and various physical illnesses inherited from his side for the majority of my problems.

I had recently had to turn down the lighting on my monitor as I was getting panic attacks from the light sensitivity and also had to turn down the music on my iPod as I have a sound sensitivity.

I don't see why I failed to turn out healthy as my parents only wish. I might just watch TV on the computer and pass out.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 3:51 AM
Medical science have made some huge developments in the past 50 years (with earlier findings of diseases), so telling that there were less problems back then, is slightly ''simple''. I've inherent some diseases from mostly my mother, but they didn't even know if her father or mother (died in 1986 and 1990) were the original carriers of her diseases. And these are just my grandparents...

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 4:47 AM
His complaints are that America is weakening from within. Personally I question him. How can he say that when he, his wife and me, his daughter can't take in casein, penicillin and hazelnuts respectively and all three suffer from depression, which he is feeding off my mother's ingrained memories of not being treated due to stigma?

I am not going to understand the logic. It is obviously flawed beyond comprehension.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 4:56 AM
Some of us wouldn't be here at all to enjoy our bad health if we had been born 100 years ago. If I had been born back then I would either be dead or a vegetable from uncontrolled fits. Of course taking medication every day of my life from age 2 on and also giving the other areas of my condition and other smaller issues I have, have all had plenty of time to 'marinate' for want of a better word over the years. So while I am fit free I have lots of other things that developed because I'm not dead as I would have been in another time and age. You may similar have died from asthma a 100 years ago so you wouldn't be around to get these other extra things. Of course given that many things are also genetic and we are reaching ages were we can have children means the bad genes are spreading. Those two things combined are the reason for increasing cases of asthma and other disorders.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 5:17 AM
I guess it is something to think about: "Bad health or no health at all...Your choice" says the Hands of Fate.

Theorist
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
His complaints are that America is weakening from within. Personally I question him. How can he say that when he, his wife and me, his daughter can't take in casein, penicillin and hazelnuts respectively and all three suffer from depression, which he is feeding off my mother's ingrained memories of not being treated due to stigma?

I am not going to understand the logic. It is obviously flawed beyond comprehension.

Yes, it sounds even more odd in this context. But even looking in a broader perspective, it's a strange view. Or at least, it's more complicated than just say it is like he does. Isn't a comment from the category ''In the past everything was better'', mainly used by a certain group of more aged people (mostly 60+)? Or a person who just likes to act tougher than he (or she in other cases) actually is?

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 6:16 AM
He's the type to fight with himself when stressed. He lost his mother, my grandmother, last year. He's not yet done beating up himself. He may say something strange like "Can you pick up my teeth? I lost them by the shoe store.", but that means he will stop the jerky behavior.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 12:29 PM
There is some evidence - I was just reading a report today - that our increasingly hygienic, indoor and sedentary lifestyles are leaving us vulnerable and more sensitive to environmental stimuli like pollen and nuts. However, it's a complex thing and Jo is right to point out that people are surviving or able to be socially active where once they wouldn't. I never get the nostalgia some people have for the past, saying things like I'd love to have lived during the Victorian era (really??). In my case, like Jo, that's because you wouldn't be talking to me now if I had lived then and not in the modern era. In my case it was an illness but it's the same sort of thing - I wouldn't be visible.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 3:49 PM
I have always felt frail, weak, and fragile. I felt like a sickly child growing up, and was certain I would not see my adult years. Turns out I had not a thing wrong with me, except hypochondria, as now I'm pretty far into adulthood.
I always do feel sickly, whenever I'm feeling doomy and gloomy, which is a lot. However, I noticed if I'm distracted by something fun or interesting, like a hobby or something that takes my mind off of my worries, that afterwards I'll look back and think, I felt totally fine during that time. Not sick, no nausea, no spaced out weird feeling, no headaches, no racing heart, no fight or flight feeling, no icy cold fingers and toes, no weird aches or pains, no heart palpitations... if my mind is occupied, I feel completely okay. Makes me wonder if some of my frailties are psychosomatic, but they feel so real, I just don't know. I just know I need to keep my mind busy whenever possible.

That said, I do know for fact I am quite weak. I'm 5'10", nowhere near scrawny, but I can't do a single pull-up. I'm totally amazed when I see guys on TV and movies pick up 100lb women. I can't lift 50lbs. Actually, I probably can't lift less than that. I had to pick up my niece once when she was a 2yr old toddler. Dunno how much toddlers weigh, but she was freakin' heavy, but she is tiny for her age too! I see people carrying toddlers around all the time, how do they do it? Is everyone a bodybuilder? I have to wonder if it's genetics or just being too sedentary, but I know lots of other people who are sedentary that are way stronger than me so I don't know what's up with that.

Resident wet blanket.