Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 2:08 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 30th Mar 2015 at 3:49 AM.
Default At Its Core: The Annoyances of Small Problems
Every single person here has had at least one irritating moment where you couldn't find something important, was sniped at the supermarket and the last item on the shelf or stepped in something painful or disgusting while barefoot. These are only 3 I'm familiar with.

But I'm sharing irritation that is annoying with you and would like for you to share the annoying part.

My recent annoyance is in correlation to my latest project. I was finally going to finish the doll of Alice Cooper as I stated I had one in production in the doll collecting thread. Well...I lost the body, so I have his head. Funny how this resonates with his fans, but this doesn't bode well for my skill-building. I have to reorder the body if I had truly lost it.

Also, Socks, our 12-year old Norwegian Forest Cat, has been fighting with me over tacos. Well, I did read somewhere that Norwegians are the top consumers of butter, coffee and Tex-Mex. It might also explain the heavy concentration of Scandinavians in the Seattle area.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymphetamine
Does stepping on toys at 3 am in pitch black and breaking both baby toes count?

It does.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

#3 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 3:15 AM
I stepped on something Friday night and now I have small wound on my foot. It still hurts. UGH

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 3:15 AM
Having to pick up toys all over the living room after my nephews have one their tornado thing (come visit, somehow throw all the toys all over the house, and leave before anyone's the wiser, leaving all the cleaning to others).

When the power switch on plug extenders suddenly go poof and the entire thing won't work - just at the wrong moment, like during the weekend. I didn't even know they could stop working, but just the past couple of years or so I've had two or three go poof. I've taken to always having one extra so that I don't have to worry, but still...

The horribly fake taste on medications and certain supplements. If you're lucky they've got a passable lemon or orange taste, but that's best-case scenario. Usually they're just awful, particularly those with a so-called 'fruit flavor'.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 3:39 AM
The medicine thing is true, 'specially bubblegum, grape, and berriy. And cherry. *BLECH* The bubblegum, I just don't like bubblegum, literally, I can't stand the SMELL of it, grape is just... disgusting as a medicine flavor, berry is just.. ech.. especially as blue raspberry, cherry I've just had too much of...
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 8:03 PM
I utterly hate cherry-flavored medicine. It tastes like evil. I'm pretty sure it gives me the stomach flu, too.

I don't like this computer, either. The right mouse button doesn't work and the mouse goes off whenever I type.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 8:33 PM
Bubblegum-flavoured is the worst. Some undecided fruity flavor - and absolutely disgusting when it's powder for mixing with water.
Instructor
#8 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 8:37 PM
As most little kids do, I had a pretty weak immune system when I was younger. Specifically, I was quite prone to getting strep. (I still am terribly vulnerable to catch any kind of sore throat.) Every winter for 4 straight years I would get at least three cases of strep. Every single time it was strep- Not just some kind of virus I would pick up off the street. So because of this I was always on some form of disgusting antibiotics. It was always this horrible bubblegum pink shit. Over time I kind of got used to it.
Later on down the road after the third time of getting strep in a season, you'd have to go on even stronger antibiotics. This stuff took the cake when it comes to most disgusting medicine on earth. It was white, and I can't even describe the taste because it has it's own taste completely. Just thinking about it makes me uncomfortable. I still can taste it a little.
Scholar
#9 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 3:21 AM
I bought cherry flavored vodka and it tastes like cough syrup mixed with rubbing alcohol. It's tragic.

My small annoyance is still the ants in my room. But also I trip over and knock over things all the time. I'm pretty clumsy and have long limbs.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
#10 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 3:28 AM
I managed to step on three bees in the garden this summer whilst barefoot :/ This was on three different occasions not 3 bees at once ...

*note to self - no more barefoot gardening ... no matter how magnificent ones pumpkins are*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 3:47 AM
Irritated that Dairy Queen discontinued the Peanut Butter Bash. The one time I ask for ice cream...and my favorite item is no longer available.

I guess that I wasn't expecting that.

Theorist
#12 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 3:50 AM
Flying bugs in the summer. Especially because they're zooming right outside my ears in the middle of the night, while I'm trying to catch some sleep. You just hear them, but you can't see them (crushing is impossible).

Stepping on toys at 3 am in pitch black sounds very familiair from my youth, too. Just like stepping horse or dog shit, happened to me a zillion times.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Theorist
#13 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 4:14 AM
I hardly crushed any of these small toys, but still, it hurt my feet pretty much, Ouch.

Theorist
#14 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 5:30 AM
Yes, because you don't expect them.

Theorist
#15 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
Yes, because you don't expect them.

By that logic it should hurt less if you spread broken glass across the floor of the room, because you know it's going to hurt like hell ahead of time so therefore it shall hurt less.

Go ahead, I'll wait while everyone tests this one out.
Theorist
#16 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 5:23 PM
I get really annoyed when I accidentally knock stuff off the various ledges in the shower. I actually fume silently (and sometimes not so silently) about it for several seconds. Not sure why that sets me off so much.
People cutting in front of me in traffic without using a blinker also annoys me to no end.

Resident wet blanket.
#17 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
People cutting in front of me in traffic without using a blinker also annoys me to no end.
I've always thought that someone should invent a loud speaker or similar in-car device which allows you to hurl a pithy one liner insult at whoever annoys you when driving. In my mind you are able to press a button and say 'oi! are you f..kin' blind!?!?' at people who cut in front when driving, or farmers who suddenly pull out in their tractors and then drive very slowly ... Or (my personal favorite) 'why don't you pay for an hotel instead? Tight b*stard!' at people in who are towing caravans ...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 1:37 AM
Going to the doctor today was only partially successful, as I received good news that I don't need the pills for obesity related illnesses. The bad news was that my original reason for the doctor, treating my vertigo, was left unresolved