Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 2:55 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th Aug 2015 at 3:41 AM.
Default Your class schedules
I take various classes at home, tailored to fit my personality, skills and overall demeanor.

Although not as demanding, you might have tell tale futures.

Sunday
8:00 Judaism and Biblical Hebrew
9:30 Christianity and Old\New Testament Study
11:00 Abrahamic Trifecta Negotiations
12:30 Lunch
13:00 Buddhism and Hinduism
14:00 The Tao in Daily Life
15:00 Shintoist Reflection

Monday
8:00 Chris Hart Beginners Drawing
9:00 NickToons Drawing Classes
10:00 Disney Character Drawing Classes
11:00 Manga Studies
12:30 Lunch
13:00 Vocal Manipulation
14:00 Music Composition
15:00 Creative Writing

Tuesday
8:00 Math Re-Education
9:00 Geometry
10:00 Trigonometry
11:00 Algebra
12:00 Lunch (this is the only hour for lunch all week)
13:00 Coding in Binary
14:00 Coding in Hexadecimal
15:00 Programming and Scripting

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
#2 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 2:57 AM
As one of my favorite writers and fellow Irish countryman Oscar Wilde once wrote:
"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 3:10 AM
I'm not really comfortable giving out that kind of information, but my timetable this year is mostly social psychology, which disappoints me greatly. My dissertation is in bio psychology though, so that's okay.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 3:12 AM
While I was in university, my schedule always tended to be heavy on political and social philosophy... and I miss it like crazy now that I'm done! I really need to finish applying to grad school so I can go back!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 3:19 AM
I'm not divulging on a public place like MTS, but I am taking pre-calculus. And I'm taking 3 college/dual enrollment classes this semester when the most I've ever taken at a time is 1. What will y'all bring me when I'm in the loony bin?

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
What will y'all bring me when I'm in the loony bin?

Textbooks.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 6:11 AM
My self-taught pixel art classes are usually in the afternoon, same time as Mandarin.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 3:30 AM
I was curious to ask as I am currently studying to better get my dream job and get paid for it.

Many of my classes are self-taught via textbooks and art study books.

The bigger question I have posed to you all as fellow students is: What do you see in your future?

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 4:04 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Aug 2015 at 4:20 AM.
My class schedule at nursing school is different from week to week. We've got theory intervals (modules?) with one or two themes for anything from a week to a month or so, where we've got about 4 days of school and one study day, and then an exam and/or work practice for a set amount of weeks (usually 8-9 whole weeks per practice, working approx. 4 days a week in a 'regular' work schedule). We've also got some written papers to do, and some group work with presentations.

Pandaqueen, just remember that while self-study can be helpful in learning stuff, it most often (and unfortunately) doesn't count much on a CV if you're planning to apply for jobs - unless you're reeeeeally good at something, and have a portfolio of some kind to show around. If you're planning to start up something on your own, then that's probably another matter.
Instructor
#10 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 4:44 AM
3D practice unless working or sleeping
Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
My class schedule at nursing school is different from week to week. We've got theory intervals (modules?) with one or two themes for anything from a week to a month or so, where we've got about 4 days of school and one study day, and then an exam and/or work practice for a set amount of weeks (usually 8-9 whole weeks per practice, working approx. 4 days a week in a 'regular' work schedule). We've also got some written papers to do, and some group work with presentations

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of degree do you get at nursing school?
I was looking it up a few weeks ago and apparently you can get different degrees such as; BSc in nursing, MSc Graduate Entry Nursing or MNurSci. I was considering doing the MSc graduate entry nursing in mental health or children but I couldn't find an actual over-view of what work goes into the course (such as placements, lectures, etc).
(Sorry if you're not in the UK, and wherever you are has different degrees. I feel like you've said where you were from before but I can't remember right now).

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#12 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 5:34 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Aug 2015 at 5:51 AM.
Bachelor degree - it's a wide education covering the basics, enough for non-specialized jobs in nursing. We can also specialize within a field and get master degrees after the Bachelor degree (surgery, anesthesia, pediatrics, intensive care, and so on). In our programme we also get a little 'taste' of the more specialized tracks, spending 1-2 days in those partcular hospital units during the regular practice.

(I'm not from the UK, so I have no clue what's what in the nursing programmes there).