Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#151 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 5:24 AM Last edited by FemGamerPlayer : 28th Mar 2011 at 8:36 AM.
Here's my remodel of the Broke's house (a little background info so that no one gets confused by the pictures: Brandi married Darren Dreamer in my game, and they had a baby girl named Destiny. Before that, of course, Brandi had her third boy, Skip Jr.).

The front:

The back:

First floor:

Second floor:

Oh yeah, and if you're wondering about the lack of rooms for Dustin and Dirk, they're YAs in college right now.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#152 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 11:31 PM
I decorated this thing so well :3 It's a house with a store and an alley to it

I got the Sims2Farm chickens and made an enclosure.

House turned apartment building?

Social housing office.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
#153 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 10:43 PM
Awesome houses everyone!
iCad your houses look so cute and cozy, turning them into rentals was a nice idea.
Tenielle love your houses, they have so much character and details.

I guess I need to upload some pics too, soon. :o
Field Researcher
#154 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 10:59 PM
The Cordial House

The Green-Gere House

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Undead Molten Llama
#155 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 6:17 PM
This thread's on the second page again. Can't have that.

I needed an orphanage in one of my neighborhoods. Of necessity due to its purpose, the house needed to be rather large, with a number of large bedrooms. So, I decided that now was the time to recreate the house I grew up in, back in the Dark Ages. It was a big old farmhouse in the Midwest, originally built in the 1870s. And here it is:

The front:

The back:

It came out pretty dang close to accurate. About the only difference is that we had a carport, not just an open driveway, but I didn't feel like building one. And in fact, if the truth must be known I made that color siding a while ago with the express intention of one day building my growing-up house. And it came out danged close in its other particulars, too. Outside, that is. The inside is totally "Simmified," of course.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 9:54 AM
Im not sure if this is the right place to ask these questions buut:

1) iCad & Tenielle - Where do you get the house numbers from..?
2) wgroome - How do you get your graphics/pictures so good..?

Thanks for your time, let me know if I need to post this somewhere else

xX Furuba all the way Xx
xX Miss World EVEN FURTHER!! Xx
Check out the contest site at http://sims2missworld.weebly.com
Mad Poster
#157 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 3:47 PM
The DeBateaus' new home in Belladonna Cove:

Test Subject
#158 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 4:08 PM
Let me know what you think<3 :p
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#159 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 6:18 PM
Wow- that rare thing, the house that looks smaller outside than inside. I was thinking "nice little place" and then I looked at the floorplan...it's freaking huge! And pretty.

I think you're going to want a walkway between the pond and the corner of the house. At least three tiles, so sims can pass each other and there's room to fish. I'm thinking of the narrow corner on one of my lots, where Ma was standing when she gave birth to the twins (the fridge was empty and so was the purse - plus, she likes fishing). She set Twin 1 down next to her in a square only she could reach, then gave birth to Twin 2, so I had to have her give Twin 2 to Pa and pick up Twin 1 herself. I really didn't like seeing Twin 1 on the cold hard ground so long!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Undead Molten Llama
#160 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 6:28 PM Last edited by iCad : 30th Apr 2011 at 6:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lil'B
Im not sure if this is the right place to ask these questions buut:

1) iCad & Tenielle - Where do you get the house numbers from..?

I use these: http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=93932

I need to make me some recolors with some shadows. The lack of them bothers me...

Anyway, I lost my monastery that I was painstakingly building when the neighborhood it was attached to went kablooey and I had no recent back-up. (Bad Simmer!) So...I'm rebuilding it. I decided that I wanted some isolated hermit cottages scattered about, where some members will live in isolation.. They're all tiny, on 1x1 lots situated on the very edges of the monastery 'hood, and all have a little garden and/or a fruit tree for self-sufficiency. If I can swing it, I might give some a little pond for fishing, too, but there's not a whole lot of room on a 1x1 lot. Anyway, I'm making them in a range of rustic-nesses, which is not entirely "realistic," but I think I will get bored if they're all desperately primitive.

Here's one of the rudest so far, for a "hard-core" monk. It's medieval octagonal hovel-style (although the monastery is modern, not medieval). Cold stone floors. Rusted tin roof. Few windows. No electricity (Well, except that it has a fridge; I have the CC "root cellar" fridge, but it takes up too much room. So, I just pretend the fridge is an old-fashioned icebox.) Very uncomfortable furniture and just a mattress on the floor. And no plumbing. The entrance is on the side, because I like to be different sometimes:

Here's one of the fluffier ones. It has no indoor plumbing or electricity, either, but it does have a few creature comforts. Like an actual bed, although it has no actual bedroom.

I even went and created walls for that darn thing!

Here's the fluffiest so far. It has an actual bathroom and an actual bedroom and an actual kitchen area and actual electricity. So, I'm not really sure it's "appropriate" for a hermit. Maybe it should be called a guest cottage instead. But it was funky and fun to build. I usually don't think so vertically when building, but a 1x1 lot will force you do exactly that. So I'm keeping it. It's near the "ocean" (It's an island monastery), so the back has a screened patio and a little deck off the bedroom. It also has a fireplace in the bedroom upstairs, so the resident won't freeze in the winter.

As a "bonus," here's a fun one from my desert neighborhood. It's only got one bedroom, but it's a fun one to "jazz up" for a rich single Sim. This lot's owned by a Sim in Show Business who's one step away from Icon, but she just refuses to roll a want for that last skill point she needs.

ETA @ pixiesim:
I don't usually like to offer "what I thinks" because it seems that usually I upset people when I'm not trying to do so, but...I feel like doing so.

I agree with Peni that it's one of those houses that looks smaller on the outside...although that could just be because the pics don't show the entire outside. It's a cute not-so-little house. I give you kudos for using the storybook doors effectively; whenever I try to use them, the place looks cheesy.

For my own playing preferences, the rooms are too large, especially the living room. Such big spaces can be hard to decorate. But like I said, that's my own playing preferences talking; I prefer smaller rooms, which results in smaller houses, and it works for me because I don't allow my Sims to have a lot of stuff.

From an aesthetic point of view...Well, I like mixed-media exteriors, for interest. The siding you used is very nice-looking, but used on the entire exterior, it looks a little monolithic. Maybe put some different exterior finishes in some places, like maybe on the forward- and rear-facing gable-roofed bits. Maybe a nice stone or a stucco in an eye-catching color? Also, I would vary your roof pitches a bit (assuming that you have the EPs that allow you to do so; I can't build without being able to alter individual roof pitches. ). The "middle" hip roof is dominating the house, from what I can see in the pics. I'd either lower its pitch or raise the pitch of the gable roofs, whichever looks better, to give it a bit of balance. And/or, add dormers to the hipped roof, to break it up a bit.

But overall, I think it's a very cute lot with a "whimsical" kind of feel. I've attempted whimsical often, but I just can't seem to pull it off...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Test Subject
#161 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 10:19 PM
Thanks, for you comments- its actually the smallest house I have made.
Basically its for when my favourite family(but my first sim who started the family of my cas sim) Danielle and her husband, Bruce Rauscher and her youngest child Leah, are going to live when there old. Leah, is going to look after them because they are a close family.

She has 3 adopted children(all adults) Adam, Louise and Laura... Jess (her own child who is in uni) and Leah her last and youngest child(toddler nearly child) she has seven grandchildren... Adele..Selena and Lexci(twins) Zac and Harry(twins) Mlissa and Jade. and Adele, oldest grandchild(child) has a dog called Nugget. and thats about it. haha. I love this family and been playing them for 4-5 weeks for like 10 hours a day.. I'm embarrsed to say I have filled loads of notepads planning everything ;D
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 1st May 2011 at 6:09 PM
Thanks iCad

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Undead Molten Llama
#163 Old 4th May 2011 at 8:10 PM
I needed a pretty little house for the prior of my monastery sub-neighborhood. I didn't feel like building something entirely from scratch and I didn't want to reuse a house...so I decided to try my hand at a "Maxis Makeover" instead. My victim was the base-game lot bin house called the "Bonny Bungalow." IMO, it's the least-stupid and most potentially useful of the base-game lot bin houses. This is what it looks like, out of the box:

Except for that thing in the roof (It's like a dormer, only...not. WTF?), it's not too bad-looking for a Maxis house. Especially for only being able to use base-game stuff for finishes and windows/doors in addition to being stuck with 45-degree roof pitches. But since I don't have those constraints and I have a ton of CC at my disposal with the ability to make more if necessary...here's my made-over exterior:

Play spot the differences!

Next, this is the original floor plan:

Again, it's far less stupid than many of Maxis's floor plans, but it does have its oddities, IMO. Namely the bathrooms. Dears, if you're going to make a "jack and jill" style bathroom, at least give SOME consideration to privacy in case of someone walking in while someone else is sitting on the toilet or is in the tub. I know that Sims don't really care, but...I care. Plus, if that bathroom becomes a plain old standard hall bath, then there's no need for the silly (double-doored!) half-bath in a single-resident house. So...

Here are my fixes, plus the furnishing/decor:

So there you have it. It's not particularly monk-y, I know, but for my purposes that's OK. I wanted something comparatively luxurious and very different-from-the-other lots in style for the prior. And this was kind of fun to do. I might take a shot at a more-stupid Maxis house at some point. Heck, I might even resurrect the deleted Pleasantview et. al. in my game, just so that I have more stupid to choose from.

Scholar
#164 Old 6th May 2011 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Heck, I might even resurrect the deleted Pleasantview et. al. in my game, just so that I have more stupid to choose from.

Thanks. Thanks a lot, iCad. I just restarted Pleasantview and now I'm going to want to remake all the houses.
Mad Poster
#165 Old 8th May 2011 at 10:10 PM
Cafeteria of a dorm I'm building, low-cc, work in progress:

This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Undead Molten Llama
#166 Old 9th May 2011 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
Thanks. Thanks a lot, iCad. I just restarted Pleasantview and now I'm going to want to remake all the houses.

Yer welcome!

I mentioned resurrecting Pleasantview et. al. in order to have stupid houses to redo? Well, who needs them when for some reason I haven't gotten around to deleting Belladonna Cove yet? I'm telling you, Belladonna Cove fresh out of the box isn't very...well, bella.

Like there's this "charmer," 319 Bella Park Rd.:

What the hell is that thing? Yes, let's sit the entire house on the stupid lattice foundation. Looks sound to me! Plus, I just hate the lattice foundation in general. It's fugly. And then there's the fact that the deck/porch thing appears to be floored with...gravel? And then there's the placement of the windows, not to mention the general lack of them. Seriously, there are six windows on the whole fairly big house, and one of them is just a privacy window. I had more windows when I lived in a dinky little one-bedroom apartment in NYC. Even if EA was trying to keep it under $20,000, this one costs $18-something out of the box, so they could have added a couple more windows, for heaven's sake. Instead, the lack of windows creates endless, unbroken vistas of boring white siding. And dark interiors. Peachy! And then there's the asinine shape of the house in general, which in turn necessitates a stupid-looking roof. Ya just gotta love it, eh?

Now let's have a gander at the floor plan, shall we? Downstairs and upstairs we have:

Uh-huh. Well, the asinine shape of the house sure doesn't help matters, does it? And yes, let's make a fairly windowless house have nice dark walls and floors, too. Swell. And, pray tell, why have an actual door into the kitchen/dining area? I don't think I've ever been in a real house that didn't have an open arch or arches between the living and dining areas. Are they trying to create claustrophobic houses? And then there's the secondary bedroom upstairs with its huge-normous bedroom-sized walk-in closet, while what I'm assuming is supposed to be the master (since it has a bed)...has no closet at all. Yeah, whatever.

Well, anyway. Enough bitching. Here's what I came up with:

The exterior:

I actually tried not to change too much; I basically made myself not change the footprint of the house except to alter the porch...which became big. And wraparound. I also added the side porch, which steps down to the also-added driveway. Finally, I added a fireplace, which sort of changes the footprint but not in any structural way. Basically, I often add them because their chimneys add roofline interest; I hardly ever have Sims actually use them.

Now, the floor plan, with bonus furnishing/decorating, at which I generally suck:

I kept one of the diagonal exterior walls downstairs, so as not to change the original footprint. (Squaring off the other wall didn't do that, since there was already a deck there. Cheating! ) Upstairs, both front corners have been squared off because diagonal walls just create wasted space. Downstairs, not too much changed, except moving the stairs, making the bathroom a standard half-bath, and partitioning the kitchen from the dining area a bit and splitting up the living area a bit with half-walls.

Upstairs, I moved the master bedroom over to the other side of the house and expanded the existing bath into the added front dormer, making it a private master bathroom. What was the master bedroom became two smaller secondary bedrooms. The added rear dormer became the full family bath. I am officially unhappy with the long and skinny nature of the master bedroom, but widening it by a tile, which would have made me happier, threw off the exterior symmetry too much for my likings, so...it is what it is. I offset the odd shape a bit by partitioning off a chunk of it as a sitting/reading area. Works well enough, I think.

Of course, the result of all of this is that this house is no longer a starter by any stretch of the imagination...but I don't care about that. With all the furnishing and such, it now has a price tag of close to $70,000.

Mad Poster
#167 Old 10th May 2011 at 9:05 PM
^ OWNED. FOR. LIFE.

A park I just built 5 minutes ago for a little subdivision - Darlington Heights:

Mad Poster
#168 Old 11th May 2011 at 1:06 AM
iCad, I really love how you remodeled that house!

I'm oftentimes tempted to take the houses out of the lots bin, remodel them, then delete the originals. (Assuming it's safe to delete the houses out of the bin! LOL)
Scholar
#169 Old 11th May 2011 at 2:34 AM
I can't see why you couldn't, Alexandra. As far as I know, there's nothing that sticks around the neighbourhood, the way relationships and acquaintances would with Sims.
Forum Resident
#170 Old 11th May 2011 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lil'B
iCad & Tenielle - Where do you get the house numbers from..?

Sorry about the late reply. My Simming time has been dramatically reduced lately.

I use the house numbers that iCad has previously linked to, but also use these. Hope that helps!
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 11th May 2011 at 3:44 PM
Thanks Tenielle

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Undead Molten Llama
#172 Old 12th May 2011 at 10:51 PM
Awwww, I feel all fuzzy over the love for my remade Belladonna Cove house. I'm in the midst of ripping apart another, 120 Siena Street, so I'm sure a post about that one will be forthcoming. In the meantime...

OK, so it's not really a house, but it is a...uh, building. After taking quite a few abortive stabs at it, I finally decided on what I wanted the stupid cathedral thing in my monastery subneighborhood to look like. Which is good because I think the monks were tired of praying on a half-constructed lot exposed to weather while I poked at it. (But hey! It was kind of realistic. Cathedrals ain't built in a day! ) So here it be.

First, front-and-center, from ground level:

I do love that front door. I think macarossi made it...

A closer-up 3/4 kind of view:

And then slightly aerial from the back:

I wanted it to look non-traditional, without a steeple or any medieval-like towers and/or flying buttresses (because this is not supposed to be or look like a medieval and/or traditional monastery), but I also wanted it to retain a generally cruciform layout so that it would be sort of recognizable as a church, even without Christian statuary. So, the center of it went non-traditionally octagonal, but it also has four "arms" to give it a cruciform feel...although in this case it's more like an equal-armed Maltese cross than a standard Catholic cross. Three of the "arms" are chapels, one fitted-out for weddings for main-neighborhood couples who "want" to get married in a church...for a fee, of course. And somewhere along the way it acquired a dome that gave it a faintly Greek Orthodox feel.

Here's a general interior view from central square of columns the thing has. The pic shows one of the non-wedding chapels:

Basically, for my purposes, the place had to have a lot of sitting-on-the-floor room because when playing a monastery, I use the game's meditation self-interaction as a substitute for prayer, once a given monk has enough Logic points to do so. (Until they do, the statues scattered around, made by KevinsHope, have various prayer interactions.) In the game, Sims meditate sitting on the ground/floor. They won't sit in a pew or kneel or even just stand to do so. So...there we are. So only the wedding chapel has "pews." The rest is basically a floor and a half of very open floor space, enough to "seat"...a ton of meditating monks. It's quite the sight, really.

Field Researcher
#173 Old 13th May 2011 at 12:25 AM
^^ iCad I would love to say more than just WOW! but I can't quite pick my jaw up off the floor!
Top Secret Researcher
#174 Old 13th May 2011 at 3:24 AM
iCad,
I love your building, but mostly your patience to work on it. It's really great!
Space Pony
#175 Old 13th May 2011 at 5:17 AM
Wow. Everyones houses are so extremely amazing!!
Can I ask a quick question? -- How do you start these houses?

I mean yeah, sure you slab down walls and doors but...
How do you come up with everything -- the whole shabang...

Or another few words ( Still similar ) how do you keep the whole neighborhood as the same style of house WITHOUT repeating the same houses?
Sorry if this isn't swell-ly placed... I just thought it was a good place to catch the builders's attention.(:
Correct me if i'm not allowed to put it here.

Please, call me Nym.
LJ | Tumblr | DW
Page 7 of 39