Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 7:24 AM
Default Birthday Ho!
With my 28th birthday coming up...I have a big day ahead.

1.) Shopping spree at the craft stores.
2.) Veggie Sushi prepared by my dad.
3.) Mochi ice cream piled into a pyramid as my replacement for cake (one bon bon - 100 calories).

Does anyone look forward to their birthday for the celebration?

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
Does anyone look forward to their birthday for the celebration?

Not really. Birthdays make me depressed, as all they do is serve to remind me that I'm one year closer to death.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Inventor
#3 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 9:57 AM
sort of. i don't actually celebrate my birthday. i just go somewhere nice.

last year, my friend couldn't get the full day off work, so i stayed in, building a green lego mini.

dunno what i'm doing this year, tho. don't even know what i want.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Inventor
#4 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 2:13 PM
My birthday was last month and we just unfolded the couch (it's a sofa-bed) and chilled in the living room, in our pyjamas, watching netflix all day with the curtains closed, and ate junk food. It was awesome. And the day before I went to town with my friends, and we had a picnic (I made the sandwiches!) and swapped gifts. (one of my friends birthday is the day before mine)

ETA: PANDAQUEEN, is your avatar from the new sailor moon game on Doll Divine? I love Doll Divine! Or Azalea's Dolls.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperSimoholic
My birthday was last month and we just unfolded the couch (it's a sofa-bed) and chilled in the living room, in our pyjamas, watching netflix all day with the curtains closed, and ate junk food. It was awesome. And the day before I went to town with my friends, and we had a picnic (I made the sandwiches!) and swapped gifts. (one of my friends birthday is the day before mine)

ETA: PANDAQUEEN, is your avatar from the new sailor moon game on Doll Divine? I love Doll Divine! Or Azalea's Dolls.

Yes! It's a visual of my bestowed-upon-me persona, Queen Sailor Panda.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Theorist
#6 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 3:59 AM
My birthday is over about 1,5 month and I would doubt if it's gonna be celebrated. We used to do it with the family, but since about a year there are some issues with the rest of the family.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 5:00 AM
It's just another day for me, maybe with a nicer dinner than usual. Because of the date, I associate it with USA's Thanksgiving or the days close to it.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Scholar
#8 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 8:34 AM
I couldn't care less about my birthday, it's a day like the others.
Since i was 13 i haven't throw a party... i just want to have a few quiet hours on my couch playing on my PS3.
Inventor
#9 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 11:44 AM
@pizza as itll be ur birthday, u get the biggest say in the matter. Ask ur friends to think of something more nearer home.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Not really. Birthdays make me depressed, as all they do is serve to remind me that I'm one year closer to death.

In essence, we die a little more each day.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
In essence, we die a little more each day.

Das truth. Though perhaps maybe in reality we must first die before we can live.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#12 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 12:48 AM
I enjoy celebrating my birthday. This past year I got together with some friends at a local Mexican restaurant. I usually just eat out with a few friends, and I'll probably do the same this year. Nothing too huge or extravagant but it's nice to have some fun.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Das truth. Though perhaps maybe in reality we must first die before we can live.

We are reborn every morning. Even after tragic and suffering happened the day before, when you wake the next morning, you are reborn.

Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:50 PM
I haven't really done anything for my last 2 birthdays, on my 15th I went out for a meal, on my 16th I did absolutely nothing for my birthday, nearly every birthday before my 15th my cousin came over and we'd spend the evening or day together (depending on what day my birthday fell on) due to not really having any friends to invite over, me and my cousin have grown apart over the last 2 years which is why I hadn't invited her to come over on my last 2 birthdays, we use to be really close until she became part of a friend squad, I was a bit upset about it at first but I'm not to bothered by it any more.
I'm hoping my 17th birthday will be better though, because I've gained a few friends this year and hopefully I'll be able to invite my boyfriend over if we are still together or still do so if we are still best friends.

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Field Researcher
#15 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 1:18 AM
I've had a lot of okay birthdays (which are basically regular days but just a bit nicer, with presents and stuff), I've had excellent birthdays (sixteenth and eighteenth) and I've had terrible birthdays (nineteenth and 21st). Since my 21st, they've been real mellow, so that's nice. I usually just spend it with family, now, which is cool. I always enjoy that (except on my 21st, where they all sucked).
#16 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 2:53 AM
Mmmm my birthday is a couple of months away yet, and I have no idea what I'll do. Maybe go to the Japanese restaurant with my son and his girlfriend, and where my son can embarrass me with his chopstick skills; mine are woefully inadequate because I'm left handed and I'll have what my son calls one of my 'blond and confused' moments. He even told me to ask for 'left handed' chopsticks once .. cheeky little sh*t.
#17 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 3:11 AM
I'm so glad they make hashi for left handed gaijin. I didn't know they did that.

So, do they make them out of a special blond colored wood? You do know you're not supposed to stick them in your hair, right?
#18 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
I'm so glad they make hashi for left handed gaijin. I didn't know they did that.

So, do they make them out of a special blond colored wood? You do know you're not supposed to stick them in your hair, right?

but but but I want to be pretty, dammit!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 11:34 AM
Well, I have 12 pairs of chopsticks, all based on the Chinese Zodiac. My favorite are the bunny ones, as I was born in the Year of the Rabbit.

Inventor
#20 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
Mmmm my birthday is a couple of months away yet, and I have no idea what I'll do. Maybe go to the Japanese restaurant with my son and his girlfriend, and where my son can embarrass me with his chopstick skills; mine are woefully inadequate because I'm left handed and I'll have what my son calls one of my 'blond and confused' moments. He even told me to ask for 'left handed' chopsticks once .. cheeky little sh*t.

don't let being a lefty put you off using chopsticks. i'm also a lefty and i can (sort of)* put my righty friend to shame.

ask your son if the chopsticks he uses are right handed.

*sort of, meaning i'm not very good at using chopsticks, but i can pick food up with them and put it in my mouth.

#21 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stitch_too
don't let being a lefty put you off using chopsticks. i'm also a lefty and i can (sort of)* put my righty friend to shame.

ask your son if the chopsticks he uses are right handed.

*sort of, meaning i'm not very good at using chopsticks, but i can pick food up with them and put it in my mouth.

Thanks I definitely need to practice!

Lefties rule! :D
Inventor
#22 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
Thanks I definitely need to practice!

Lefties rule! :D

Yup. I totally has to agree that us lefties rule.

I has a small suggestion. Why noy buy a set of chopsticks and secretly practice using them, then next time u has japanese food, u can put ur son to shame.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 6:01 AM
Well, with about a month left, I am expecting a windfall from my family in New Jersey because I am notoriously hard to please, I'm a female who has everything...That, and I don't see them regularly like when I was a kid prior to the move the year I turned 10.

I need to come up with a certain amount of cash and out of the $733 in government allowance, $330 is allotted for room & board (I rent my bedroom), bills (my smartphone I'm typing on doesn't come cheap) and cleaning services (let's just said when I cook dinner for me and my parents, I pass out after the meal, leaving the dish duty to my parents)

That leaves $403. I buy things online often, so I have to account for shipping and taxes. This is the inherent problems you have when you are born a week apart from your mother's birthday. My mom was born October 30th and on the week before her 25th birthday, I was born. Although my mother considers me her favorite early birthday gift...Dad still had to run out and get a card.

She may ask for a specific store or restaurant.

Inventor
#24 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 8:51 AM
As u all know, my birthday was yesterday, and after going to grandads to give him his present n card, me n my friend took my son to liverpool one, in liverpool (obviously. Duh!), and i let them both know that as i was da birfdy girl, what i said went.

The reason for going to liverpool was convenience. Besides, its not enclosed like the trafford centre is, nor as crowded. But, liverpool charge for using their car park.

Still, we had a nice time and had sushi.

Instructor
#25 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 9:15 AM
I don't look forward to my birthday as much as I look forward to others' birthdays. Mine isn't until mid-January, my son's is January 1, and my partner's birthday is mid-October. I'm still trying to figure out what to get him this year. He's tough to buy for in that if he really needs or wants something, he buys it himself. I've got to THINK! *loudly* He could use a really great birthday gift this year.

I'll have to remember to tell him that he's not yet old enough to qualify for a Birthday Greeting from the President of the United States. That should make him very happy (just because of the age thing, not that he doesn't like POTUS).

Page 1 of 2