Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 5:13 PM
Talking mod
Hello fellow Simmers,

I cannot make any friends in the Sims or even hold a conversation for longer than 5 seconds. This also means my social meter is always low. Sims just get annoyed so quickly and stop talking with each other. Even talking on the phone doesn't work because they hang up after 3 seconds. I don't want a hack to make friends. But i want to know if there is a mod that makes all talking interactions successful so they can talk longer and actually increase their social need.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 5:38 PM
Do you mean you just want to make it a little easier to make friends?

Here is what I suggest: Get the GnoGClock from here: http://mistymage.com/gnohmongoodies/moods.html It regulates moods of your family to where Sims will never get extremely grumpy. Social is the main need it watches, it will never be less than half full.

Next, get the "invisible yak yak table" :http://www.woobsha.com/gnohmon01.html This makes it so if Sims are in the same room, doing separate activities, they will periodically "talk" with one another, gaining a slight social and relationship boost.

Lastly, if you have hot date, invite the sim you want as a friend downtown and have a meal. There are probably many factors that affect this, but in my game, Sims almost always gain a ton of relationship when out dining. Along with that, you can look over your sims interests and use the magazine rack to alter the interests. Sims with similar interests are more likely to chat longer and have positive social interaction! I hope this helps!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 9:19 PM
Sims don't like talking about things that don't interest them. If they won't talk to somebody for more than a few seconds, it means that person is talking about something they don't care about.

You can manipulate your sim's interests legitimately, via the magazines, or cheat their interests to where you want them, via the supersculpture from Some Sim Things, or you can keep searching for a sim whose interests match yours.

I use the supersculpture nowadays, but I used to keep lists of the top 5 interests of every sim in the neighborhood, so I'd know who to have talk to whom.

Oh, and the pre-made sims usually don't have any interests at all until you take them away from their house for the first time, which may be the source of your problem, if they're the people you're trying to talk with. Before I start a new neighborhood, I make sure Claire and Ginia and the rest all have interests by having them visit Old Town for five minutes. Or I use the supersculpture to give everybody a few interests that most people talk about in real life, like Weather. :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html