Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Decorative Parking Spaces - with random cars parked

by MogHughson Posted 18th May 2009 at 3:45 PM - Updated 17th May 2011 at 6:16 PM by MogHughson : Removed internal categorisation as a driveway

246 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 209 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 10
Top Secret Researcher
#176 Old 29th May 2010 at 4:25 AM
Hi Mog, I've noticed you've had some comments regarding the CC asterisks showing up after downloading "maxis-ownable-cars-Mog-20090327.package" A method of fixing this is moving the said package to C:/Program Files/EA Games/<Your Latest EP>/TSData/Res/Catalog/Bins.

Lab Assistant
#177 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 4:21 AM
Thanks for the help, fway, but it won't let me put the file in that particular location. What should i do?
#178 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:16 PM
....change your account on your local computer to an Administrator account...?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#179 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 5:01 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#180 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 6:14 PM
This is a great mod, also excellent for a mall I'm currently building. The only issue seems to be that I cannot place it on the basement, as it overrides the built depth (the same height as a sim floor), leveling the parking space all way up to the ground, just four clicks below the foundation. Any help?
Top Secret Researcher
#181 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:26 AM
What's funny is that I placed these in my produce lot, and Goopy and (Kennedy Cox, I believe; not sure) began checking out the cars!! It was hilarious! Car-browsing while their non-existent wives shopped!
LOVE IT!

ENTJ
Test Subject
#182 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 6:00 AM
WOW thanks sooooooooooo much now i can have a realistic community lot <3
bonus 4000000 points you have been promoted to most recommended creator<3
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#183 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jpomsims
The only issue seems to be that I cannot place it on the basement, as it overrides the built depth (the same height as a sim floor), leveling the parking space all way up to the ground, just four clicks below the foundation. Any help?
I think this will be something I can fix. There is a option that says whether an object does this and I suspect it might be set for these parking spaces because it was set for driveways which these were loosely based on.
Quote: Originally posted by Lavaster
What's funny is that I placed these in my produce lot, and Goopy and (Kennedy Cox, I believe; not sure) began checking out the cars!! It was hilarious! Car-browsing while their non-existent wives shopped!
LOVE IT!
I suspect that is not supposed to happen. Sounds like an autonomous interaction that I failed to manage to disable. I will try to fix this.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 9:42 PM
I just spent a lot of time adding cars to a lot! This would have been a whole lot easier!! And way more fun. Thanks!
Test Subject
#185 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 1:47 PM
Absolute brilliance! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#186 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 1:49 PM
It's full fill in live. I love it.
Field Researcher
#187 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 2:41 AM
Hi Mog,

I am so excited to try this mod and downloaded it and put it my game. However, I could not find it in any of my buy or build catalogues - and I looked for it both on a community and a residential lot. I noticed from one of your photos above that the hacked objects are supposed to cost $100. Could you please specify exactly where it can be found in the catalogue? I read the whole comments section and have scoured the information here but I can't seem to find that information. Sorry if this is a really dumb question!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#188 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Airelda
Could you please specify exactly where it can be found in the catalogue? I read the whole comments section and have scoured the information here but I can't seem to find that information.
So what it is and how do I use it?
This object is a Decorative Parking space. When placed on a lot it will randomly generate a car parked in the space. To use it, first lay your prefered car park flooring; e.g tarmac, grass, cobblestones, then locate the Decorative Parking Space object in Build Mode->Garage (along with the driveways) and place one or more of them on top of your pre-prepared car park flooring.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#189 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 5:32 PM
thank you!!!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#190 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Redd Velvett
I wish there was a way to have your sims' park their cars in these parking spaces for even more realism instead of parking on the side of the road.
Quote: Originally posted by 010UnderCover010
I've been wondering why they don't park in the parking lot but on the road.
Quote: Originally posted by serupento
Now if only we could get our goddamn sims to park in the spaces.
Now Sims can park among these cars with my new mod Park in the Car Park

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#191 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 1:41 AM
Thanks so much for the update on this to use with your new mod too! Community lots are so much more fun now.
Test Subject
#192 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 11:57 PM
Hmmm....i cant find it, thay dont show up anywhere!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#193 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kacper2be
Hmmm....i cant find it, thay dont show up anywhere!
They should be in Build Mode->Garage (along with the driveways). If you don't see them there, then follow the usual instructions (found the in the install tab) for getting custom content to show up. Looking at your profile you appear to have the correct EPs, so maybe your downloaded file was corrupted? Otherwise follow the collective wisdom in the FAQ in the install tab.

Space Pony
#194 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 10:12 PM Last edited by Tymaporer : 6th Dec 2010 at 5:11 AM.
Just thought you should know:

a) I haven't been able to use these. They keep giving me errors.

b) I've been having miscellaneous problems with my game (textures randomly appearing where they shouldn't, pie options blank, strange sounds, freezing) ever since I reinstalled on my new computer, and it's possible this is the cause, as I've tried removing everything else I've downloaded since then...it could of course be some computer thing, in which case I'm utterly screwed, but I just wanted to give you the heads-up in case it was these after all. Testing right now.

EDIT: Nope, this wasn't the cause of the oddities, though I still get errors when playing a lot I've placed them on.
Test Subject
#195 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
They should be in Build Mode->Garage (along with the driveways). If you don't see them there, then follow the usual instructions (found the in the install tab) for getting custom content to show up. Looking at your profile you appear to have the correct EPs, so maybe your downloaded file was corrupted? Otherwise follow the collective wisdom in the FAQ in the install tab.
okay thx
Test Subject
#196 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
my bad,i realized i downloaded the useless-for-me Drivible cars download[i have NL]so im going to to download the other one,thx
Test Subject
#197 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 4:58 PM
Cool~ Mog
er.. and I have a request
can u please make some bamboos like the ones in the sim3 for sim2??
Bamboo in Sim2 is too short and monotonous.. not suitable to make a forest
Thank u so much if u can make this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#198 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 2:38 PM
I have really enjoyed this mod, Great work! I am excited about the car park mod as well, but have not been able to get it to work! I redownloaded the Deco Park'g Spaces, took the old file out of the game, went into a lot that had deco park'g prior to car park mod, deleted the deco park'g, added driveway and extention, then new deco spaces. But in game play, my sims still park in deco spaces and can't get out of car, just like they did before I redownloaded the deco spaces! What am I not doing right here? Thanks!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#199 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CuteDragon
er.. and I have a request
can u please make some bamboos like the ones in the sim3 for sim2??
Bamboo in Sim2 is too short and monotonous.. not suitable to make a forest
Thank u so much if u can make this!
Err - sorry, I'm not a mesher - click the link in my sig to go to the thread with all the modders who take requests to see if you can find one who does meshing.
Quote: Originally posted by Diggrdude
I have really enjoyed this mod, Great work! I am excited about the car park mod as well, but have not been able to get it to work! I redownloaded the Deco Park'g Spaces, took the old file out of the game, went into a lot that had deco park'g prior to car park mod, deleted the deco park'g, added driveway and extention, then new deco spaces. But in game play, my sims still park in deco spaces and can't get out of car, just like they did before I redownloaded the deco spaces! What am I not doing right here? Thanks!
It sounds like for some reason you have not got the right version of the Deco Parking Spaces - you can send it to me (upload on http://www.modyourpanties.com and send me a link - and I can verify this, or you can try downloading again to see if it makes any difference. You are doing all the necessary steps, it is necessary to delete old deco spaces and put in new ones.

Test Subject
#200 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 1:42 AM Last edited by Diggrdude : 9th Jan 2011 at 2:31 PM.
Default Thanks
[It sounds like for some reason you have not got the right version of the Deco Parking Spaces - you can send it to me (upload on http://www.modyourpanties.com and send me a link - and I can verify this, or you can try downloading again to see if it makes any difference. You are doing all the necessary steps, it is necessary to delete old deco spaces and put in new ones.[/QUOTE]

Done, Thanks for the reply, look forward to your review!

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...og-20090327.rar

DDude
Page 8 of 10