Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Surf's Up!" - New surfing interaction and set

by maybesomethingdunno Posted 8th Jun 2011 at 1:37 AM - Updated 9th Jul 2020 at 12:13 AM by maybesomethingdunno

290 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 89 Feedback Posts, 200 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 12
Instructor
THANKS POST
#251 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 5:27 PM
What a super idea !!!
I didn't think it was possible ! I'm gonna test it ASAP !
Thanks !
Test Subject
#252 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 3:17 AM
Too freakin cool. Thank you!
I don't know how I missed this one for so long.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#253 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 2:21 PM
Thanks! :)
Test Subject
#254 Old 4th May 2014 at 10:07 AM
It's not working for me.. I have all the requirements (went through the checklist that you gave and everything). I have a surf board in the sim inventory, and such, and I have the surfboard / rack objects all working, and all the files in the correct folder, but when I try to click on the "surf" option, my sim just walks toward the beach like they are going to go surf and suddenly it just freezes the game (I can still exit to the neighborhood though, and go back into the lot later)... the box doesn't appear for asking others to surf with your sim, or anything. It just freezes every time.. I don't know why it's doing this?
Test Subject
#255 Old 4th May 2014 at 10:24 AM
Update - I managed to get the surfing to work once on one of my sims... it worked fine that time and I had no problems, but now it's just freezing every time again. The box that asks if you want to have other sims surf with you showed up if I had 2 or more sims with surfboards in the inventory. But the freezing still happens even when I invite other sims. They walk to the beach and get in or they just walk close to it and it freezes and I have to re-enter the lot without saving to get it to unfreeze...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#256 Old 4th May 2014 at 6:11 PM
Strange. Do you get an error message when in debug mode?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#257 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 8:46 PM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#258 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:20 AM
fun idea, i love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#259 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 5:16 PM
merci
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#260 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 4:29 AM
Sounds like whole lot of fun! Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#261 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:47 PM
This is one of the most awesome things I've seen for the Sims! Thank you so much for sharing your great talent. I love this mod!
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#262 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 3:09 PM
Wow it was awesome THANK UUUUUUUUUU
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#263 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 5:55 PM
Awesome. Thank you
THANKS POST
#264 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 9:31 AM
cool :)
Scholar
#265 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 7:10 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 17th Nov 2014 at 5:03 AM. Reason: I realised I broke the double posting rule
My game will instantly freeze when I click the surf interaction. Similar to what Silver Star Four said they were having but it will happen right where the sim is standing. Every Sim, Pet, Wave and object will cease moving even if i change the speed of time, except for . Surfing worked when I first downloaded your interaction and I cannot figure out why it isn't now. I also noticed that the waves seemed to be at an angle to the shore line, just wondering if it might have something to do with your waves override? I'll temporarily remove the files to see if the waves change to be sure. This mod is definitely one i will fight my computer for to have in my Game.

Hope you can help.

Two Errors Show up when "Boolprop testingcheatsenabled" is true,

When I Click the Sim, this Error Message Appears
1 An Error occurred in Object
NPC Remote Control Car- NPC Remote Control Car
Error: InValid Number of Loops.

And When that is Cancelled And the Sim then proceeds to Surf, wanders into the water no problem, but when it comes to the part at the clickable ocean edge (where you know they then hop on the board as any Sim surfer does) They don't and Error two instead appears

An error occurred in object "Neighbourhood identification number- Sim or Pet identification number- Sim Name"
EG For Mine "N010_User00568 - Nathan"
Error: Unidentified Transition

It Seems that the Game cannot complete moving the sim out of the water onto the board in their inventory. and The invalid number of loops (which i would have no idea what means, along with anything computerwise)

I Hope this help clear up what i have had happen, and may help you tell me what the cause is likely to be.

The waves are fine, just poor lighting around me. Silly Me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#266 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 4:54 AM
thank
Scholar
#267 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 4:04 AM
Strangely enough I got my Sims to be able to surf again after removing the LBF files I have, it seems for my game they not only compress The Super Duper Hug bug (which i believe i might have obtained from a downloaded lot) but also the Surfing files as well. so it is either no surfing and no hug bug or Surfing and a lot of failed friendly hugs for my Sims.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#268 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 6:26 PM
Hi, can anyone tell me if this works with the Ultimate collection of sims 2 as it look awesome...................
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#269 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 6:38 PM
sparky1922: Yes, it should work with UC. Thanks

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Instructor
THANKS POST
#270 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 4:24 PM
maybesomethingdunno thanks so much have just downloaded to try it out looks awesome I truly hope it all works
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#271 Old 26th May 2016 at 1:44 AM
I have to say that after almost 5 years of using this mod it is still one of my favorites. I can honestly say that I've never experienced any glitches or problems when using it. I absolutely love it! Thanks again for adding so much joy and pleasure to my game.
Test Subject
#272 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 1:13 PM
Default ?
Quote: Originally posted by sparky1922
maybesomethingdunno thanks so much have just downloaded to try it out looks awesome I truly hope it all works

did it work in the game
Test Subject
#273 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Strangely enough I got my Sims to be able to surf again after removing the LBF files I have, it seems for my game they not only compress The Super Duper Hug bug (which i believe i might have obtained from a downloaded lot) but also the Surfing files as well. so it is either no surfing and no hug bug or Surfing and a lot of failed friendly hugs for my Sims.

that happened to me too it wasn't working in my game so I deleted it now my sims keep hugging each other where is the LBF files so I can delete them too
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#274 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 4:39 PM
thankyou thankyouuu
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#275 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 7:21 PM
Creating new hobby families and this is PERFECT for my Fitness inclined group! Thank you for such a fun new interaction!!!
Page 11 of 12