Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Surf's Up!" - New surfing interaction and set

by maybesomethingdunno Posted 8th Jun 2011 at 1:37 AM - Updated 9th Jul 2020 at 12:13 AM by maybesomethingdunno

290 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 89 Feedback Posts, 200 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 12
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#201 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 3:45 PM
This is so awesome that I wish I was still playing TS2! I really wish I'd found this before TS3 stopped crashing on me. By any chance might you consider making a TS3 version (maybe compatible w/ World Adventures or something)? That would be so frickin' awesome!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#202 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 8:18 PM
Vueiy_Visarelli: I do not have TS3 and I do not have any desire to buy it. So I'm afraid the answer is "no."

Thanks again, everyone, for your comments, downloads, and hitting that "Thanks" button.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#203 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 10:34 AM
Yeah!!Something new for our simmies to do. Thank you so much for the hard work on this. It is much appreciated. I am going to send my family on vacation immediately!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#204 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 3:36 AM
I've always wanted these!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#205 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 4:30 PM
i am so impressed~! love this, thank youu!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#206 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 7:04 PM
Hi!
I've download your surfing things and made what's to do with them. But I still can't surf! I've got the "no surf"-sign and the surfboard with its recolors.
I play in my self made vacation, is that the problem?

Thanks SimSellie

( sorry if there are grammar-mistakes, but I'm german and I'm not good in grammar!)
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#207 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 2:19 AM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 15th Oct 2011 at 2:37 AM.
SimSellie: If there is a "No Surf" sign on the beach lot, Sims will not be allowed to surf. The sign prohibits all surfing on the lot it is placed. If you want Sims to surf on a beach where there is a sign, you will need to remove the sign from the lot. Your Sim must be on a beach lot with a surfboard in his/her inventory. Your Sim must be a Teen, Young Adult, Adult, or Elder. Servos (Robots) do not surf. If your Sim is pregnant (with a large, visible stomach), he or she cannot surf. The "Surf" menu will not appear if the Sim is already swimming (in a pool or in the ocean).

If you meet the above criteria and click on your Sim, you should see "Surf." I hope this is clear. Let me know if you still need help.

Tumblr
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#208 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 10:08 AM
Okay thanks. Er I know that if there's the sign on the lot I can't surf, I want to say I've downloaded it My mistake was I hadn't the surfboard in the inventory!

Thanks a lot!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#209 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 8:09 PM
Just checking. I'm glad you got it working and thanks for downloading. Have fun surfing! :D

Tumblr
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#210 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 8:56 PM
please, making this for the sims 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#211 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 12:41 AM
I love functional objects for the sims 2 and you did an excellent job. 10/10
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#212 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 1:19 PM
It's great thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#213 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 6:01 PM
Verry great (sims 3 wii surf xD)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#214 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 10:25 AM
I love you for this! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#215 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 9:13 AM
please help I can't seem to get my sim to surf I tried to view the option "surf" for sims interaction but that is not found anywhere on him. PLEASE HELP! I tried to download whatever is needed to go but nothing is going. Please someone anyone help!!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#216 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 7:38 PM
jsol210: Your MTS profile indicates that you do not have the Bon Voyage Expansion Pack. Without this Expansion Pack, you cannot use this mod. If you do have Bon Voyage installed, please go back to my original post and find the blue arrow with "HELP! I have downloaded everything but I still cannot surf?!". Click the "Show Checklist" button underneath and go through the "Why Can I Not Surf?" checklist. The minimum files needed to surf should be what is in Surfing.zip: the interaction itself, the wave effect override, the cart object, the routing NPC, and the basic surfboard object (no recolors). If you meet the criteria described in the checklist and the interaction still does not show, please give me more details of what you are doing or not doing. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Tumblr
Test Subject
#217 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 10:29 PM
It's cool but it does not work on my laptop :'(
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#218 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 1:15 AM
Bugs Bunny: I cannot help you if do not provide any details about your problem. I would need to know, at the very least, what you are or are not doing. Simply saying "it does not work" does not help me to help you.

Tumblr
Test Subject
#219 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 4:16 PM
simply board works for me only as a backdrop, even when I go on vacation and put her luggage in the sim still works just like decoration
Ps sorry for my english
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#220 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 7:39 PM
Bugs Bunny: Place the surfboard inside the Sim's inventory. Then click on the Sim while at the beach to see "Surf" on the Sim. The Sim must be a Teen, Young Adult, Adult or Elder. The Sim cannot be pregnant with a visible stomach. The Sim also cannot be a robot (Servo). There also cannot be a "No Surfing" sign present on the lot. Let me know if you still have trouble.

Tumblr
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#221 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 2:18 PM
Ahhhh just what I needed, you life saver! :D
Field Researcher
#222 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 4:34 PM
Just a rubbish info:
I'm coming back with a surfboard pack 30% more improved than the previous one!

It's time for all dudes out there to "kick-in" again, as summer approaches.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#223 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 2:09 PM
omg i now i want to redownload sims 2 for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#224 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 1:28 AM
So cool!!!! Thank you so very much, immediate download for sure ;-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#225 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:26 PM
Thanked and downloaded. Very nice idea, something that should of come with sims 2 itself! Amazing.
Page 9 of 12