Replies: 12886 (Who?), Viewed: 823465 times.
Page 516 of 516
Lab Assistant
#12876 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
I've not used any voodoo dolls in the game, thinking they're just decorative.
I'll take your word for it that they do work, but as I don't know how to use them I haven't got a clue.

Voodoo dolls work only if you put them in sims inventory, not outside.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12877 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 11:52 PM
Voodoo dolls work in real life too -- or at least they seem to.

When my mother was young they had a neighbour who really was shooting pigeons, and they thought he was shooting cats too. Her older brother made a doll of him and stuck pins in it. My mother told me the doll really looked like the man. It worked too; the man then died of cancer.

I really don't know if I want my Sims to have access to such powerful occult magic. They might make a doll of me.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#12878 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 2:09 AM
Aww @AndrewGloria but aren't you really good to your sims? Surely they wouldn't make a doll out of you.

My Simblr
They/He
Forum Resident
#12879 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 2:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena88
It would be nice and romantic to have functional/usable DOUBLE SWING, not just for swinging but also for romantic interactions. A couple can kiss and make out on double swing, plus the double swing would require 2 sims to be able to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
^ You can make a double swing by putting two single swings together (they'll attach), but those would only be for playing on. For romantic actions you'd need a completely new set of interactions and animations. I've seen a few benches/loveseats that looks like wooden garden swings, though. It's probably possible to add a rocking motion to a loveseat (kinda like rocking chairs that already exists), but I have doubts you can make something functional out of a swing that works as a swing.

Still, would've been a nice object if it was possible.

Adult swings for TS2 do exist... not sure they kiss and make out... doesn't require two to use them. They don't use them side-by-side. So depending on what kinds of interactions you're looking for... Like, kissing on the couch or something like that, i have not seen. But then, i don't think i've ever seen side-by-side swings for 2 irl, either. We had the ones where you sit across from each other, but i'm not sure how good those would be for romantic interactions. You'd likely bunk heads, and that's not very romantic! hahaha

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#12880 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 2:57 AM
^ You mean swings enabled for adults, or swings with "adult" actions? Those are very different.

If you put swings side by side, they connect, but just like they're part of a double swingset. Two sims can't sit on the same seat, and they'll swing independently of each other.
Mad Poster
#12881 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 10:35 AM
I've seen sofas that are basically hanging benches, it'd be neat if those could swing.
Lab Assistant
#12882 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushigal007
I've seen sofas that are basically hanging benches, it'd be neat if those could swing.

Its EXTACTLY what I suggested.
Forum Resident
#12883 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 4:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
^ You mean swings enabled for adults, or swings with "adult" actions? Those are very different.

If you put swings side by side, they connect, but just like they're part of a double swingset. Two sims can't sit on the same seat, and they'll swing independently of each other.

If I remember correctly, adults can use the base game swings. I mean adult, as in, I can't link to it on this site. hahaha

-gE
>=)
Forum Resident
#12884 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 11:04 PM
A double loft bed. I've never seen one. Perfect for tiny homes or apartments. I'd love to be able to put maybe a couch and tv under it for a small studio apartment.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Forum Resident
#12885 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliaD85
A double loft bed. I've never seen one. Perfect for tiny homes or apartments. I'd love to be able to put maybe a couch and tv under it for a small studio apartment.

Have you seen the "Shiftable Everything" Mod by @Lamare ? You could pretty much basically make your own. Take any bed you want, shift it off the ground, however high or low you want it, and use columns for bed posts... blammo!! Loft bed. You'd have to deal with a bit of a jump-bug issue, since the sims will get in at the regular height, then sorta SNAP up into place. But it's a really amazing tool! The applications of Lamare's mod are practically boundless! Total game-changer...

-gE
>=)
Top Secret Researcher
#12886 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliaD85
A double loft bed
There are also Shelf beds available over at Simlogical:
https://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2...2_Shelfbeds.htm
Lab Assistant
#12887 Old 30th Sep 2022 at 3:52 PM
Dont know if its possible but kind of HOUSEHOLD ECONOMIC STATUS plug in mod would be useful. Something similar to SIMS 1 money status (how much sims earned, how much spent,...).
Page 516 of 516