Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 8:12 PM Last edited by RylandHomes : 23rd Oct 2011 at 7:41 PM.
Default Discussion

Discuss what pets is missing, and needs. When the group comes to a decision on what will be made, a new thread will be made for that project, and we will first discuss it further, and get then get it's ball rolling.

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 8:03 AM
For me, the most important thing that pets is missing is the option to BUY & SELL puppies/kittens to & from sims directly.

Forum Resident
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 5:33 PM
And well bulging eye cat dog glitch.EA is being as bad as usual with coming out with a new patch.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mewichigo34
And well bulging eye cat dog glitch.EA is being as bad as usual with coming out with a new patch.

I don't think I've come across this glitch... Do you have a screenshot?

Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 9:29 PM
I swear I had some screenshots,where did they all go?!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mewichigo34
I swear I had some screenshots,where did they all go?!

You'd be surprised at how often that happens to the best of us.

Forum Resident
#7 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 12:49 AM
But if you google sims 3 pets glitch,you're probably going to come across that or something similar.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 7:30 PM
Okay, So what are some things pets is missing?
  1. NekoCat is in the process of making a Veterinarian Career, which is most definitely needed.
  2. The Ability to Buy and Sell puppies/kittens/foals to and from sims directly.
  3. The crazy glitch, (which I'm sure EA will fix in a patch that who knows when will come)

Is there anything else?

Forum Resident
#9 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 3:31 AM
Pets added to families in Sunset Valley,Bridgeport,Twinbrook,Riverview,and other towns other than Appaloosa Plains at the beginning of the game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 7:33 AM
Yeah that would be nice, and easy. We'd simply have to make pets for each family, and then upload the updated worlds here, right?

Forum Resident
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 6:54 AM Last edited by birdyfly : 3rd Nov 2011 at 7:50 AM.
Here are some things I thought of that may or may not be possible to do:

• Cats sleeping in sinks. It seems like every cat I've come across loves to sleep in the bathroom sink, and I think it's adorable. I'm surprised that this wasn't a napping place for the game. Maybe there is a way to add a "nap" interaction to have cats sleep in the sink like they can with counters and tables.

• I mentioned this at NRass Industries, and it looks like Twallan will consider it, but some form of pet show/competition for cats and dogs that is similar to the horse competitions.

• Selling pets. I do not know if this is possible to do, but maybe have some form of this over the phone/ computer and maybe add it to the code for the pet store register for those who have the limited edition as well.

• Buying pets with limited edition register. Also with the register, maybe do the same with minor pets.

• Make the horse competitions harder and make the riding/jumping skill slower/more challenging.

• This isn't related to pets in general, but towards the overall expansion pack. I attempted to make a shape shifter mod which is connected to two custom traits (cat shape shifter and dog shape shifter), but it failed miserably since I'm the worst modder ever. I might still have the files if someone is interested in it. I didn't get very far in it, and I might have deleted them when I was going through my Sims 3 creation folders.
Banned
#12 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 11:13 PM
It needs a cooler looking ice cream truck. I mean come on! Just look at it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 1:55 AM
Thinking about it, I'm beginning to think that there needs to be a new dog size: Toy. There are toy breeds, and I'm thinking that Pets is lacking that dog size. I'm going to add a few new threads, thanks Birdhouse, I agree, that ice cream truck is whack!

Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 3:39 PM Last edited by leafpool377 : 22nd Dec 2011 at 4:45 PM.
I think that a dog/cat show, besides the little rinky-dinky one included, would be nice. With prizes, trophies, and such. For dogs, it would be based off tricks and the hunting skill. They loyal and obedient traits would be a boost, like fast and agile for horses. For cats, it would just be the hunting skill, with the same trait benefits.
Careers for pets. Therapy animals, racehorses, competitive dogs/cats, seeing-eye animals, etc.
Cats can learn tricks. No word of a lie, I've seen a cat sit, come, and lay down on command. It would be harder than dogs, but still possible.
More breeds would be nice. EA made a lot, but there's way more out there.
I second the ice cream truck movement. And maybe more likely to get a positive Moodlet from it?
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 6:56 PM
i agree with all...

Just Call me Square!