Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simulation Lag Fix - Updated 8-24-18

by Xerox Posted 25th Aug 2018 at 6:25 PM - Updated 26th Aug 2018 at 8:33 PM by Xerox

326 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 233 Feedback Posts, 92 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 14
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 8:53 PM
Thank you so very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 1:32 AM
Thank you so, so, so plumbob much for updating this mod! You literally saved this game for a lot of simmers out there, including me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 1:40 AM
If this works I might have to go back to playing TS4!!! I literally gave up on playing today after only a few minutes. Hope this fixes my frustration
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 1:48 AM
So grateful, for the longest time I thought I had an issue with my game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 1:50 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 2:55 AM
Thank you! I've just gotten back into this game and I didn't realise how much I needed this mod till it stopped working!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xerox
Alright everyone, it seems as though it was not working properly. I've now re-tested the version I am about to upload with other mods installed and on a clean save without. It seems to be working properly now. If anybody had any issues, please try re-downloading it.

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scarletqueenkat
Mod Conflict Detector doesn't tell you if a mod is broken. It's likely telling you that this mod is conflicting with another mod that you have installed, which is one of its main features.

Actually... yes it does... Well... it calls it a broken file... but in either case... it was broken.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xerox
Alright everyone, it seems as though it was not working properly. I've now re-tested the version I am about to upload with other mods installed and on a clean save without. It seems to be working properly now. If anybody had any issues, please try re-downloading it.

Still have the same issue where the clock keeps returning and slowing down. A fresh Install game and this is the only mod installed still not working, Game setting are all just fine mod and script is activated. I gave up

AshenSS
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 6:48 AM
I have to ask since there are conflicting reports every time one of these is released: is it possible that some people are mistaking "simulation lag" which this is supposed to fix with general lag and poor performance due to bad hardware? Sims definitely aren't supposed to stand around doing nothing waiting to get around to their queue when you meet the hardware requirements, sure. But it seems like after a certain point all you're doing is trying to force your PC to handle something that it's never going to be capable of.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KyaraRose
Actually... yes it does... Well... it calls it a broken file... but in either case... it was broken.

No, it tells you the xml doubles or more in your game, which is problematic. Duplicate or duplicate xmls are harmful to your game, this program warns you of this simply and asks you to make choices to keep one or the other mod, but not both at the same time. This program does not show any mod to be broken or other .... Thank you for understanding what we explain. If this mod does not work or not, the program will report the duplicate and this explains the poor performance of the mod proposed here. Clean up your game as the Scumbumbo program offers you.
Forum Resident
#62 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 7:58 AM Last edited by heidi137 : 27th Aug 2018 at 9:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AshenSeaced
Still have the same issue where the clock keeps returning and slowing down. A fresh Install game and this is the only mod installed still not working, Game setting are all just fine mod and script is activated. I gave up

You play with the modified game speed, you did this mod, so here you have to change the values ​​on the xml to fit. I play in speed 100, I play with the slice at 30 for example, not the 17, it does not work well on my game, I have to see it up. Test and you will see that you could have more satisfactory results. I moderated to 0.6 instead of 0.8 the clock value of this mod, that's enough for my game. I changed the Randomization interactions, whites (<U n = "FULL_AUTONOMY_DELAY_WITH_NO_RESULT">) reduced in 10_15. FULL_AUTONOMY_STATISTIC_SCORE_VARIANCE changed to 0.5.

If this can help you have a safe game, happy to have guided you otherwise sorry to make you sadder. I am not satisfied with an imposed game, I search for myself, I open, I look and I put my own values. Try to find yours. It's a pity to get sick for a game, the goal is to have fun. (nb:These are just examples, not the solution. What bothers me in the game, it is the differences in speed from one batch to another, I try to change that and have interesting interactions, this mod makes it more harmonious, thank you again for putting it back into service)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 10:15 AM
Yussss!! Bless You And Bless This Mod!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 11:42 AM
Doing Gods work. Please keep it updated <3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#65 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 1:31 PM
It has 4 files in the script folder, this seems to be duplicates, is this normal? I just looked at something and I saw that the files are duplicate, same name at least, it's just to be sure everything is ok
Test Subject
Original Poster
#66 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heidi137
It has 4 files in the script folder, this seems to be duplicates, is this normal? I just looked at something and I saw that the files are duplicate, same name at least, it's just to be sure everything is ok

Yes it's fine, they are just the compiled and non-compiled files.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 4:56 PM
[QUOTE=Xerox]Yes it's fine, they are just the compiled and non-compiled files.[/QUOT]

Thanks for the explanation, it works well like this, thanks for your work, it's appreciated
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 4:59 PM Last edited by scarletqueenkat : 27th Aug 2018 at 5:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by KyaraRose

Well....actually....my mistake then. I thought you were referring to broken as in "not compatible with current game patch" which I know it can't do, unfortunately. I didn't realize the tool tells you that a mod is "broken" because I've never seen it and it's not in the description.

Anyways, thank you very much for updating this, Xerox!

Origin ID: ScarletQueenKat
SimsVIP Broken/Updated Mod List Keeper - Tracking the status of all mods in the community so you don't have to!
Test Subject
#69 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deer_Lord
I have to ask since there are conflicting reports every time one of these is released: is it possible that some people are mistaking "simulation lag" which this is supposed to fix with general lag and poor performance due to bad hardware? Sims definitely aren't supposed to stand around doing nothing waiting to get around to their queue when you meet the hardware requirements, sure. But it seems like after a certain point all you're doing is trying to force your PC to handle something that it's never going to be capable of.

Yeah.... It's not supposed to magically fix every kind of lag, guys. It fixes specifically simmulation lag as shown on the videos.

It's weird how this mod's been needing updates since 2016 and yet EA themselves haven't fixed it. Thanks for updating it, I played with it for a while and noticed improvements for sure. It works.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 11:34 PM
Wow...this always has infuriated me. I never used 3x speed because I felt like I wasted so much time with the head-bobbing. I never thought that it could be fixed. Awesome work on this! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 1:11 AM
a million times thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 5:53 AM
Oh my god, it's so nice to have this working again.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heidi137
You play with the modified game speed, you did this mod, so here you have to change the values ​​on the xml to fit. I play in speed 100, I play with the slice at 30 for example, not the 17, it does not work well on my game, I have to see it up. Test and you will see that you could have more satisfactory results. I moderated to 0.6 instead of 0.8 the clock value of this mod, that's enough for my game. I changed the Randomization interactions, whites (<U n = "FULL_AUTONOMY_DELAY_WITH_NO_RESULT">) reduced in 10_15. FULL_AUTONOMY_STATISTIC_SCORE_VARIANCE changed to 0.5.

If this can help you have a safe game, happy to have guided you otherwise sorry to make you sadder. I am not satisfied with an imposed game, I search for myself, I open, I look and I put my own values. Try to find yours. It's a pity to get sick for a game, the goal is to have fun. (nb:These are just examples, not the solution. What bothers me in the game, it is the differences in speed from one batch to another, I try to change that and have interesting interactions, this mod makes it more harmonious, thank you again for putting it back into service)

I found the solution, its just that I'm missing out a required framework (outdated framework) of the game which messing up my game recognition that makes me very stupid. As soon I solved the problem I've released something interesting mod "Simulation SpeedUp" now I can simulate the game without returning back and speedup the simulation smoothly. Thanks for the help

AshenSS
Test Subject
#74 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 8:34 AM
oh my god, finally!!!!! XO, thank u so much
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#75 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 9:16 AM
Seem that fixed it..works fine now thank you :D
Page 3 of 14