Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Add More Traits to Your Sims! (GEN Compatible)

by Rainbow_Brite Posted 6th Jul 2010 at 10:05 PM - Updated 15th Jul 2011 at 12:56 AM by Rainbow_Brite

251 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 187 Feedback Posts, 63 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 11
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#76 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glimerre
if you choose 20 traits patch you can pick as mutch traits as you want up to 20. You can have as much as you want.. Like 7 or 10 or 11. I think it's the best thing about this mode :D

I KNOW I won't use that many. Plus, Rainbow did state that any game generated Sims would have the maximum allowed and I don't want townies with 20 and mine with 7. I love having the options though. I just wish I knew if I chose one and changed my mind what it would entail to switch to something else.
Test Subject
#77 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 4:40 PM
The super computer mod and this isn't working for me. I downloaded it into my mods/packages folder, where I put everything else.. Other mods work with it (atleast the ones that are compatible work) I downloaded the latest version of super computer.. I guess it's a little too advanced for me

But it seems like a nice mod so thanks anyway, even though I'm not smart enough to use it
Test Subject
#78 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 12:19 AM
I folowed the instructions and had zero luck as well. So i suspect some people are unable to use this.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#79 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
Oh my, oh my, oh my. Up until today, I had no custom content for my game and still played TS2. This, along with some other downloads, have me itching to play! However, I can't pick between 7 or 10! That's how good this is! I can't even remember how many there actually are but I also remember thinking 5 was too few.

EDIT: Some quick questions:

1) Does this affect their lifetime want in any way? (IE the more complex they are, the more options they have available)?

2) If I download 10 and then decide it is too many and want to switch to 7 or vice versa (or any combination), do I need to reset every Sim to the default of 5 before deleting and redownloading and then add in the traits I want again?

3) I don't quite understand the Known Issues section. Will I not see the added traits until they age? Or are you just talking about once the added traits option is available, I can then add traits directly instead of using the mastercontroller option? Or none of the above. I think I need that explained in simpleton terms.

I don't want to download this until I understand it perfectly (or at least a lot better than I do at the moment).

1. No this shouldn't affect anything with their LTW
2. No.. If you use the 15 version and only want 9.. you can just use 9. You don't have to reset anything about your Sim
3. No you will see the traits as soon as they are added and no you have to use the mastercontroller option to change/edit/add traits to your sims UNLESS you use AM.. then you are able to use ctrl + shift + c 'addtrait' then whatever trait you want added or 'droptrait' to drop whatever trait you want

Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
I KNOW I won't use that many. Plus, Rainbow did state that any game generated Sims would have the maximum allowed and I don't want townies with 20 and mine with 7. I love having the options though. I just wish I knew if I chose one and changed my mind what it would entail to switch to something else.

It is really easy to change traits. I have a more detailed description in the main text.. but all you do is add the traits and the traits that are added show up as 001. Then when you want to remove a trait.. click on it and then continue to change whatever you want to change and when you go back.. next to that trait it will say 000 and then you know that the trait has been removed

Quote: Originally posted by ~Jamie~
The super computer mod and this isn't working for me. I downloaded it into my mods/packages folder, where I put everything else.. Other mods work with it (atleast the ones that are compatible work) I downloaded the latest version of super computer.. I guess it's a little too advanced for me

But it seems like a nice mod so thanks anyway, even though I'm not smart enough to use it

Quote: Originally posted by Dtrtwing
I folowed the instructions and had zero luck as well. So i suspect some people are unable to use this.

If you are having issues with the SuperComputer.. I would register at TSC and post your concerns on the SC page for Twallan to explain it to you better since its not my mod I can't really help much. I do know that the mod has now been split into two separate mods.. that might be your issue. If you look through his page and read up on it.. it might be able to answer more of your questions. Here is the new mod that is needed to run this mod: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4219.0. From what I understand.. the SC is now obsolete.
Test Subject
#80 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 10:16 AM
Awsome!!!
Test Subject
#81 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 6:59 PM
Not sure if someone posted this question already, but if you were to download this mod and use the testingcheatsenabled cheat, right click your sim, select modify their traits, would you be able to add the additional traits from there? Could this be an alternative of downloading the SuperComputer?

Thanks in advance. (:

Ashley Lynn
Test Subject
#82 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 10:16 PM
I will have to talk to Twallan then.. I've noticed that when new sims are born, that's when I can add a bunch of traits, but, still haven't saw anything about a "master controller" thing so can't add traits to adult sims/ one's I've created before.
Test Subject
#83 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:53 PM
This is awesome! My sim now has 16 traits.

But a question... Not all of his traits appears on the menu. Do you know why?

Thanks in advance.. sorry for my english, I'm brazilian
Test Subject
#84 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:08 AM
Another great mod from RB. Thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#85 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChattyChick716
Not sure if someone posted this question already, but if you were to download this mod and use the testingcheatsenabled cheat, right click your sim, select modify their traits, would you be able to add the additional traits from there? Could this be an alternative of downloading the SuperComputer?

Thanks in advance. (:

Unfortunately, no. The game will still only allow you to set 5 traits in the traits window.. same as if you edit them in CAS.

Quote: Originally posted by ~Jamie~
I will have to talk to Twallan then.. I've noticed that when new sims are born, that's when I can add a bunch of traits, but, still haven't saw anything about a "master controller" thing so can't add traits to adult sims/ one's I've created before.

If you have your mods set up correctly.. you click on your Sim and click 'Nraas' then the Master Controller option will pop up. If you don't know if your mods are working properly.. check through this thread as I have posted tutorials to get your game set up for mods to work (http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?board=117.0) Before, you just had to click on your Sim then Master Controller but Twallan split the mod into two separate mods.. Master Controller and Overwatch.

Quote: Originally posted by Eternia Melody
This is awesome! My sim now has 16 traits.

But a question... Not all of his traits appears on the menu. Do you know why?

Thanks in advance.. sorry for my english, I'm brazilian

When you add the new traits.. click on another part of the UI like your Sims inventory. Then switch back to where it shows the traits and the new traits should show. You have to do that every time you make changes whether you remove or add a trait
Test Subject
#86 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 10:04 PM
I moved my mods to the my document mods/packages and they're all working great now, thanks! love the mod! :D
Test Subject
#87 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 12:31 AM
I was wondering if it was possible to make it so NPCs and auto-generated sims still only get 5 traits, while I can add more on my own sims? I'm a little bit egoistic..
Test Subject
#88 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 6:01 AM Last edited by LeoniteTH : 3rd Aug 2010 at 6:03 AM. Reason: Fixing sentence
Great mod. Love it. It was weird, though, because the Sims created a random person through play with genetics, and they had the amount of traits (I forgot the amount for teenager with the 20 mod).
Great mod, very helpful on giving more personality to those creepy hobos that live in the park.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#89 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eobi
I was wondering if it was possible to make it so NPCs and auto-generated sims still only get 5 traits, while I can add more on my own sims? I'm a little bit egoistic..

No its not All NPCs and auto-generated Sims will have the new amount (max) of traits from this mod. Sorry about that.
Test Subject
#90 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 2:51 AM
I also followed the instructions and it's not working. The master controller is working. But I can't see my sims traits, they just disappeared. I can't even add traits from CAS. Traits came back when I removed the mod.
Test Subject
#91 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 7:54 AM
my first time in TSC and its says "Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!"

help please?
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:38 AM Last edited by RagnarokJ : 16th Aug 2010 at 1:50 AM.
The http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4219.0 isn't working anymore. I just get this complex error site message. Is that site not running anymore?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#93 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shaulablack
I also followed the instructions and it's not working. The master controller is working. But I can't see my sims traits, they just disappeared. I can't even add traits from CAS. Traits came back when I removed the mod.

Umm.. I have no idea why you can't see your traits. I'm assuming you have another mod that deals with traits that is probably conflicting because no one else seems to be having this issue. Is your game fully patched? and what version are you running of the game? Base game, WA, HELS & Ambitions?

Quote: Originally posted by c-lynnie
my first time in TSC and its says "Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!"

help please?

Try sending a PM to Kimi.. shes one of the moderators that might be able to help you.. or try posting in the shout box on the main page for help.

Quote: Originally posted by RagnarokJ
The http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4219.0 isn't working anymore. I just get this complex error site message. Is that site not running anymore?

It seems like the site is down.. I'm going to try and get ahold of someone there and see what the problem is.. sorry about that..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#94 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 2:52 AM
TSC is back up and running!
Test Subject
#95 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 3:25 AM Last edited by purplerainsim77 : 21st Aug 2010 at 3:45 AM. Reason: need to add more input
I downloaded this mod along with the master controller i did not download the supercomputer but my issue is that when i try to get my adult sims to teach there child anything walking,talking etc they go to the child but then it skips the action,when trying to get sim to write novel action is skipped after inputting title. Is there something Im doing wrong or should I download the supercomputer as well.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#96 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 10:01 PM
Well the Supercomputer is outdated.. its now split into two mods.. the master controller and overwatch. You need to take the supercomputer file out of your game See if that works..
Test Subject
#97 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 7:04 AM
WOOHOOO!!! Very awesome! Thank you so so very much ^_^.
Test Subject
#98 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 5:19 PM
the site is down for some time now, maybe u could upload files needed for your mod to work?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#99 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 1:45 AM
I cant upload the files because they aren't mine to distribute.. I just went to TSC and the site is working as it should. We were having a lot of issues with hackers on the site so when you register you now have to wait for a conformation e-mail that allows you to log in. It's just to make sure that you have a valid e-mail address.. sorry about that..
Test Subject
#100 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 6:32 PM
I love this mod! But it doesn't work with Fast Lane! Can anyone help me with that?
Page 4 of 11