Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 2:02 AM
Default Community Time mod with University
I’m just curious. I don’t want to shorten University play time, but I don’t want my sims gone 12 or more game days from town! How does the community time mod handle university? Do you do anything different or special if your sims drop out of university early?

Should I just take out community time altogether when playing the university sims? I only want my sims gone 4-5 days tops from the main hood.

(I just take out community time when sims go on vacation. I don’t want them away from home for years and years...)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 2:25 AM
Maybe I am misunderstanding, but I think this is a non-problem. Community time keeps sims off their home lot until the time away has elapsed - and Uni sims have a Uni home lot while they are there. They shouldn't be kept away from the main hood once you move them back after uni.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 3:35 AM
Depending which version you have, there are two solutions. the Chris Hatch version which is linked to in another thread (I would have to look) completely eliminates the issue where all time on Community Lots is added up the first time you return to the main hood.

The fix for the other version is to have your Sims returning from university first go to a random empty lot, send them downtown for 5 minutes, return and fast forward for however long with aging off. Then Fix their hobby enthusiasm (or don't) before moving them into their actual post university homes/lives.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Maybe I am misunderstanding, but I think this is a non-problem. Community time keeps sims off their home lot until the time away has elapsed - and Uni sims have a Uni home lot while they are there. They shouldn't be kept away from the main hood once you move them back after uni.

I thought it was a non issue too, but I was reading there have been issues with sims if they return to their old houses. Someone had Dustin Broke go awol and was off-lot several days when he dropped out of uni and tried to move back in with Brandi

I’m sticking eith the old MATY version of community time. I’ve been watching Let’s Plays and there’s been some glitches with the version linked here I don’t like.

—-
I’m wondering if I can just remove community time for the university rotations have them come back and then use some aging/day/season setters to put them back in the main hood.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I thought it was a non issue too, but I was reading there have been issues with sims if they return to their old houses. Someone had Dustin Broke go awol and was off-lot several days when he dropped out of uni and tried to move back in with Brandi

I’m sticking eith the old MATY version of community time. I’ve been watching Let’s Plays and there’s been some glitches with the version linked here I don’t like.

—-
I’m wondering if I can just remove community time for the university rotations have them come back and then use some aging/day/season setters to put them back in the main hood.

You want the new version by Chris Hatch, he fixed the uni and BV issue.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You want the new version by Chris Hatch, he fixed the uni and BV issue.

Is that the one posted here a few years back, or will I find it with the other Chris Hatch SFS mods?
Scholar
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 1:34 PM
Community Time doesn't run in universities and I think that's true in all versions. At a university neighbourhood time is handled a bit differently, also sims will be sent to class while at a community lot. If they were held off world when they returned home they'd be unable to go to class and could get penalized for missing a class that they had actually attended.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 8:31 PM
If you use the Gold Test record, Community Time runs as normal. The countdown doesn't run on community lots (even the ones with the gold test record), but will run while the student is away. The only time you get penalized for missing class is for a final exam, so as long as you make sure you're at home for your final, it's not a big deal.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady L.
If you use the Gold Test record, Community Time runs as normal. The countdown doesn't run on community lots (even the ones with the gold test record), but will run while the student is away. The only time you get penalized for missing class is for a final exam, so as long as you make sure you're at home for your final, it's not a big deal.

What is Gold Test Record?

I don’t like how time works with multiple dormies on one lot with community time not working. Their graduation time gets all screwed up with sims who leave the lot end up having their exams several hours sooner than their dorm mates. Will this help?

Or.... hmmm is this what the simlogical college time stopper is for? Because I don’t like the screwed up times for my more social sims. Like just stop time before your romance sim goes out for a woohoo, then start it up when they get home.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 3:15 AM
Sorry for double post, but could someone link the Chris hatch mod link here? I am overwhelmed.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 4:25 AM
Sorry for double post, but could someone link the Chris hatch mod link here? I am overwhelmed.

Here's the post:

https://modthesims.info/showpost.ph...97&postcount=28
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 5:54 AM

I don’t like how time works with multiple dormies on one lot with community time not working. Their graduation time gets all screwed up with sims who leave the lot end up having their exams several hours sooner than their dorm mates. Will this help?

Or.... hmmm is this what the simlogical college time stopper is for? Because I don’t like the screwed up times for my more social sims. Like just stop time before your romance sim goes out for a woohoo, then start it up when they get home.

Lions Gold record is another uni mod. It allows you to play a dorm with dormies, mascots etc in the main hood. I tried it but decided to leave that experience for uni. You can use both Squinges and Lions Gold record, they don't clash.

The easiest way to fix messed up times is the Colledge Adjuster. https://simfileshare.net/folder/98999/ closer to the bottom of the page. You can set how many hours to exam for each sim.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~