Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 11:00 PM
Default Can't phone npcs.
I'm assuming this is the right section since sorry if it isn't =/.
I need a little help and would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.
Ever since I installed Freetime I've been unable to phone npc's or go on dates with them, they show up on the personal sim friendslist just not the phone one,
NPC's like teachers I can call but they seem to be the only ones.
I didn't have any hacks installed what so ever when I put Freetime in and I had this problem, was fed up of playing without my custom stuff so thought meh won't let it bother me.
But my families always marry townies or npc's so it's really annoying when a breedable npc is around but untouchable =/.
If Insim was out I wouldn't have a problem, I'm assuming I could summon them or something.
Has anyone else had this problem and if they did how did you sort it out?
I'm not some newbie noob when it comes to the game, have been playing it since it came out!
I haven't changed anything in the way I play either (hacks wise).
So I'm really at a loss to what the feck is wrong =/.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 11:04 PM
I noticed that too and just assumed it was a hack that was causing it, but if you don't have any hacks maybe it's a glitch?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 11:18 PM
Possibly but it's really annoying.
Had a really cute Headmaster come over which would have been perfect for my little girl sim but meh *shrugs*.
Have you found any ways of getting around the problem?
I really miss the Insim :'(.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 11:18 PM
It's a bug in FT. edejan kindly pointed me to a fix at Paladin's Place. To quote:
Go to Sims2 - fixes - free time fixes - NPC phonebook fix.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
It's a bug in FT. edejan kindly pointed me to a fix at Paladin's Place.

Will go have a look now, thank you .
ohhh *hugs*.
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 12:43 PM
Hey,
I have problems with this problem too, but i don't know, where i could put this NPC Phonebook Fix. So where i need to put it? I have The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 1:07 PM
You unzip the fix and put the file into your download folder but next time it's better to make your own thread in the help section then necro a 6 year old thread.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 1:41 PM
Actually, just wanted to point out that Paladin's Fix prevents Sims from calling their own apartment neighbors in an apartment, which is why I no longer recommend it. I recommend BO's Phone Makeover instead.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 1:42 PM
This thread was necro'ed from 2008 which is probably why pre Apartment Life!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...