Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 8:23 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 15th Mar 2015 at 10:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I think this Grilled Cheese aspiration is a form of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), and any Sim suffering from it ought to see the Therapist. As soon as possible!

I play the Grilled Cheese aspiration as being loosely based on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - my sims only get it (either a their primary or secondary aspiration) if they roll 1/25 (as secondary) or 1/50 (as primary) during their time serving in the military. For the 1/25 roll it becomes their secondary and they keep their original primary aspiration, for the 1/50 roll it becomes their primary aspiration, and they don't get a secondary aspiration until they have eaten 100 grilled cheese sandwiches, after which their original primary aspiration becomes their new secondary aspiration.

I currently have two Grilled Cheese sims in my Widespot. Colin Wilkie (CAS-created father of NPC cashier Sadie Wilkie) is a Grilled Cheese sim, who was formerly Pleasure/Family but became Grilled Cheese before start of play (i.e. in his back-story). His daughter Sadie chose to serve in the military (service is only compulsory for non-graduate males) and sadly also became a Grilled Cheese sim, whilst in the first semester of pregnancy. Her husband Garrett Newson, who at the time was serving in the military, died whilst Sadie was in the second trimester of the pregnancy. Colin will die within the next couple of rotations, of old age, and hasn't eaten enough grilled cheese sandwiches to become Grilled Cheese/Pleasure. He has been looked after by his wife (Sadie's mother) since he became a Grilled Cheese sim. Sadie still has 50+ grilled cheese sandwiches to eat, but she is still fairly young so she may make it in time to be restored to Grilled Cheese/Family before she dies. She is being looked after by her best friend/sister-in-law, Ginger Land (nee Newson) and Ginger's husband Scot. Her son, Alexander Newson, is being raised alongside Scot & Ginger's children, Grace & Finn Land.

**ETA** Colin Wilkie passed away today. He had eaten 61 grilled cheese sandwiches since being discharged from the military due to PTSD. Not enough for him to get a secondary aspiration, and he somehow failed to die in platinum, either, but he had a pretty good life, for the most part! :-)
Advertisement
Meet Me In My Next Life
#27 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
If you have Free Time, you can choose it from the screen when your sim ages up. If you do not have Free Time (which your profile says you don't), you can use the Renu-U Senso Orb that came with Uni and maybe a small cheat.

1. Get your sim into red aspiration however you like. I like to use "setaspriationlevel -2" but you can just fulfill a bunch of fears if you'd rather.
2. Use the asipration changing orb. It doesn't matter what aspiration you choose; if your sim is in the red, there's a very good chance that it won't work and they will become a Grilled Cheese sim instead. (If it does work, just try again. I never needed more than three goes with a sim in the red, and sometimes I got Grilled Cheese first time.)

If you don't have Free Time, you won't get some things that people are talking about here, specifically the ability to summon grilled cheese from thin air, to paint grilled cheese, or to greet other Grilled Cheese sims in a special way. You will get the rest of the effect though. Also, two Grilled Cheese sims will ALWAYS have three bolts romantically.

@>> esmeiolanthe >> Thank you so much for sharing how to get a Grilled Cheese Sims, I do not have free time so I will try your second way you mention to try to get it.
I just hope the Grilled Cheese Sims "do not" work my nerves up or get on my very last good nerve, with his behaviors. I remember trying out and having the "robot" Sims in my game once, and it drove me batty crazy with it's sound of bebebebebe.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 9:36 PM
They are just sims with a want panel full of grill cheese wants Simonut. They will want to serve it, talk about, see someone eat it. Grilled cheese nuts basically. I do love the conjure and eat grill cheese because they can do that anywhere. They would be the only sims to not starve walking through the desert. The aspiration break down is supposed to be really funny, that's one thing I haven't seen. They eat cardboard.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#29 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 9:57 PM
Simonut will never see them summon grilled cheese from the air, because that requires Free Time, but the rest will be there to enjoy. Grilled Cheese sims do not get on your nerves, or at least they don't get on mine, and they are very easy to keep happy. A bit boring after a while, but very easy to keep happy.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Test Subject
#30 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 10:51 PM
In my houses which have a GCS, they serve all the food...grilled cheese sandwiches for breakfast, lunch and supper! They are easy to keep happy.
Instructor
#31 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:31 PM
reading this thread is making me crave grilled cheese (or cheese on toast, as we call it here in England..)

Bustin' Out!
Scholar
#32 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 5:39 PM
Fantastic idea to have GC as a founder sim. I will have to remember that. I never play GC but I think I will do that from now on.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#33 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 8:10 PM
Yes, GC is sometimes the only thing that will hit the spot. Hmmm... I wonder what's in the fridge...

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Page 2 of 2