Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 5:44 AM
Almost interacting with Mrs. Crumplebottom?
I'm quite the noob when it comes to TS2, so the last time I was playing I did something I'm pretty sure I'm going to regret.

I clicked on "Argue" and then "Irritate" on Mrs.Crumplebottom. The interaction wasn't fulfilled and just disappeared, so I looked into it and now I'm wondering if I've corrupted my whole game.

Has doing this corrupted my entire game, or would corruption only happen if the interaction was fulfilled? And what can I do to fix it?

Thanks. I'm a bit scared for my game now
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 6:20 AM Last edited by jvms20 : 30th Oct 2015 at 6:21 AM. Reason: whoa, typo overload
Quote: Originally posted by TBAsimmer
I'm quite the noob when it comes to TS2, so the last time I was playing I did something I'm pretty sure I'm going to regret.

I clicked on "Argue" and then "Irritate" on Mrs.Crumplebottom. The interaction wasn't fulfilled and just disappeared, so I looked into it and now I'm wondering if I've corrupted my whole game.

Has doing this corrupted my entire game, or would corruption only happen if the interaction was fulfilled? And what can I do to fix it?

Thanks. I'm a bit scared for my game now

That's normal. As long as you didn't talk to her and actually get a conversation Out of her (which is impossible through normal means btw) you are safe. As long as you don't use cheats to interact with her or summon her to your lot your game is not corrupted.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 6:30 AM
No, those are normal options you get in a vanilla game without cheats when you click on her. You will find they are always not successful. You can interact with her in these vanilla ways as much as you like. What you must never do is use a mod or a cheat to interact with her in anyway that cannot be done vanilla.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 7:12 AM
Thank you guys so much!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 10:31 PM
I've never been able to pull off a successful interaction with Mrs. C, fortunately. She always turned around to lecture my Sims. Shame, really. I want to pull a ventrilo-fart prank on her.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 10:57 PM Last edited by Simonut : 31st Oct 2015 at 3:27 AM.
Yes I agree with joandsarah77 100 % percent I learn from my past interactions with Mrs. C "never" go beyond what the original game offers with that hag, or else "corruption" will be your new game name.
You will find out not only do Mrs.C get on your Sims last nerves but she will get on your last nerves when giving you corruption and it will spread like a wild fire in your game.
So just let that "old hag" be and leave her alone and only do the interactions that the game offers nothing more outside of that box.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 1:09 AM
I actually like Crumplebutt, I find her amusing. Well except at sims owned business downtown as she won't allow them to show. I do believe there is a mod out for that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#8 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I actually like Crumplebutt, I find her amusing. Well except at sims owned business downtown as she won't allow them to show. I do believe there is a mod out for that.

Yes I like Mrs. C she is so funny, I get a real kick out of watching her interactions, that bag of her is a legal weapon on a Sims.
I have said this on many posts about Mrs. C so I will say it again here. I think the poor lady is an alcoholic and gambler and senile.
If you notice you can "always" find her at the Sims bar drinking and talking to herself or at the card table gamboling, she really add fun to the game I think.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 3:37 AM
She bowls 300, too. Nothing but strikes!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 6:20 AM
Besides being a drunk gambler with a perverse habit of hanging out in changing rooms and swimming pools in order to harass people, I guess she's alright. She does a lot of knitting, which is harmless, I think.

I'd be annoyed, but she's like the wind. She just comes and goes.
Scholar
#11 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 11:34 AM
Don't freak out if she goes to the bar - she goes there and stays there.
If you're worrying - get the Visitor Controller.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Scholar
#12 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 1:14 AM
My game did fix a blind date whit MrsC once. It was way back in the past (no hacks or anything installed) and I wanted to set up a date whit my (female) sim and an other woman. But my sim did not have mush money so she got an older lady. MrsC ! I did not know she was big No-no for interactions, I just did not want her so I cancelled the date when she was done using the bathroom (no inteactions had been taking place). My game was unpatched at the time, maybe that was the problem.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I actually like Crumplebutt, I find her amusing.

Norikazu doesn't find her amusing at all. What Sims do in photo booths is not her business.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 2:54 AM
Haha, she makes it her business. No doubt she keeps her special bowling ball in that handbag of hers. I downloaded just the purse so any sim could use it. I should bring it over to my new game and make myself a zero nice point sim to wield it since it has no downtown area.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#15 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 4:53 AM
I find Mrs.C rather adorable. With her little handbag, knitting animation, and outfit... I sometimes look forward to seeing her on lots.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.