Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 3:18 PM Last edited by xwitchbabex : 9th Mar 2022 at 5:45 PM.
(SOLVED) Loading households crashes (I've The Sims 2 RPC by LazyDuchess)
Hello Everyone! I'm also new here!

I've a problem since yesterday... After I cleaned pink custom content in Clean Installer. Loading kind of all households crashes...
I maybe accidently accept " Disable Sim Shadows " in Graphics Rules Maker but I've already accept Medium on Sim/Object Shadows at RPC Setting from kinda beginning.
I've also deleted newest installed mods on Clean Installer today. And I've deleted one bad mod but it still crashes... I've not moved universal NPCs in all households. It's a graphic issue I think. But it doesn't crash when I load unoccupied lot.

And also, since a couple of months ago after I got a really good new PC... After I installed one elder sim with custom content in SavedSims it started to crash when I open Elder man Sim Bin in Create A Sim.
And... When I load Aspir with Luis Aspir and Monty with Patrizio Monty, it crashes because of elder man from create a sim that happened to me. And I've killed them with old age death because of it. Maybe because I have issues with custom content but I never found in Clean Installer and DownloadOrganiser.

What can I do? I wanna play households again...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 5:19 PM
I had the game reash on loading once after installing a glitched CC object and I would back up my TS2 game folder before installing any new CC after that and I've had one case where it glitched badly and kept jumpbugging after overusing the sethour cheat and had to revert to a recent back up of my folder and lost a week of play from that.I'd watch out for overuse of cheats like set hour and also track down everything I've installed since just before the issues had started.Some Modded objects aren't meant to be removed from the game just by pulling them which is why I have the content orgranized into seperate folders in my downloads folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I had the game reash on loading once after installing a glitched CC object and I would back up my TS2 game folder before installing any new CC after that and I've had one case where it glitched badly and kept jumpbugging after overusing the sethour cheat and had to revert to a recent back up of my folder and lost a week of play from that.I'd watch out for overuse of cheats like set hour and also track down everything I've installed since just before the issues had started.Some Modded objects aren't meant to be removed from the game just by pulling them which is why I have the content orgranized into seperate folders in my downloads folder.

Thank you so much! What do you mean reash? I don't understand that word

What's cheats? What can I do to stop crash? How to find glitchy CC?

I'm removing duplicate CC in DownloadOrganiser now
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 5:46 PM
Removing CC in this way can be a bad idea. Just because an item shows up pink or red in Clean Installer doesn't mean it's a "bad" item. You'll have to look at what the object is and what it does. Occasionally it's a multi-item modded set that comes with several parts where not all the items show up in the Clean Installer, and if you remove some of the items, you'll get issues with the game.

If mods come in a set, I keep the files together in a subfolder, and I keep all my mods in a "mods" folder (unless they have spesific loading order or installing needs). If I want to remove a mod or modded item, I remove them from the "mods" folder, which in most cases is fine (there's some things you have to be careful with in regards to NPC mods like rideable/movable items, PT mods, careers and a few other types of mods - some can be removed if you keep certain files, other shouldn't be removed at all).

Sure - you can use tools like the Clean Installer to look at what you have and see if you have files you want to remove, but it can be a good idea to double-check the location of those files and make sure you really want to remove whatever it is. Sometimes those mods are fine to keep even if they show up color-coded.

The "crashing because of elder man" issue - check if you have one or more files with a long string of numbers/letters (should not look like a face file with 8+8 digits!). The file would be about 6 MB, and if the file is opened in SimPE, it has only CRES files in it. These come in a lot of varieties of names, often cause issues with elder males (especially crashing), and if you find them you can delete them (they don't do anything useful). If you still have the Sims2Pack file from when you downloaded the elder male, you may find the name of the file in there.
Alchemist
#5 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 8:03 PM
First this post belongs in the Help section.

Next, if you are experiencing a lot of crashing there are two basic but important things you can do:

1. Turn on boolprop and try to recreate the crashing. You can also add "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" to the end of your userStartup.cheat file before you test your game. If the cheat is on and if what's causing the crashing is cc, then often you will see an error message pop up. This is important because it can hint at what the problem is and tell you what's wrong. Also, an Error Log should then be created when the game crashes--it will be in your Logs folder (inside of your TS2 or TS2 UC folder in Documents). That file will tell you more about the error and crash. Some resources to help you read Error logs:
Reading Error Logs
Common Errors
TS2 Object Errors
What Caused This Utility by Whoward69

2. The next thing to do is backup your game and do a 50/50. Run your game testing all your files until you find the problem file or files (sometimes you have more than one issue and you won't realize it unless you test everything).

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 9:08 PM Last edited by xwitchbabex : 21st Feb 2022 at 11:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Removing CC in this way can be a bad idea. Just because an item shows up pink or red in Clean Installer doesn't mean it's a "bad" item. You'll have to look at what the object is and what it does. Occasionally it's a multi-item modded set that comes with several parts where not all the items show up in the Clean Installer, and if you remove some of the items, you'll get issues with the game.

If mods come in a set, I keep the files together in a subfolder, and I keep all my mods in a "mods" folder (unless they have spesific loading order or installing needs). If I want to remove a mod or modded item, I remove them from the "mods" folder, which in most cases is fine (there's some things you have to be careful with in regards to NPC mods like rideable/movable items, PT mods, careers and a few other types of mods - some can be removed if you keep certain files, other shouldn't be removed at all).

Sure - you can use tools like the Clean Installer to look at what you have and see if you have files you want to remove, but it can be a good idea to double-check the location of those files and make sure you really want to remove whatever it is. Sometimes those mods are fine to keep even if they show up color-coded.

The "crashing because of elder man" issue - check if you have one or more files with a long string of numbers/letters (should not look like a face file with 8+8 digits!). The file would be about 6 MB, and if the file is opened in SimPE, it has only CRES files in it. These come in a lot of varieties of names, often cause issues with elder males (especially crashing), and if you find them you can delete them (they don't do anything useful). If you still have the Sims2Pack file from when you downloaded the elder male, you may find the name of the file in there.

Hmm... I meant when I start over neighborhood without adding removed cc today but it still crashes when I load household... It's about premade households from clean templates, made by meetmetotheriver
What can I do...? I really need to figure out how to fix it...
But now I reinstall Sims 2 because I'm gonna try out without RPC program

It still not working to load household without RPC...
Alchemist
#7 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 10:09 PM
@xwitchbabex please don't double post. Also, you do not need to quote a reply in order to respond to someone--and definitely don't quote the same post twice in a row! Instead edit your post to include any additional info.

Finally, reinstalling should be a last resort. Did you follow the steps above for doing a 50/50? If you have removed all your cc and are still experiencing crashing, then you could have a technical issue, but it's hard to know for sure. It's unclear what you have tried and what you haven't and if you have finished your testing. Clean templates and the RPC should not really be causing crashing--it should also be a last resort to remove those. From your posts, it sounds like you are removing things at random, making it hard to diagnose your original problem and possibly causing more.

Try to stay calm and again:
1. Turn on boolprop. Add "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" to the end of your userStartup.cheat file before you test your game. When your game crashes, go to your Logs folder and check if there's an Error Log. If so, you can post it here and we can try and help you figure it out.

2. Continue doing the 50/50. Since you have already backed up your game, remove all cc and try running the game and seeing if you have issues. If you do not, then slowly add back your cc in small groups, testing to see if you still have problems until you find the problem file or files.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 6:44 PM
Default Fixed my Flashing Pink & crashing while loading, here's some tips
Quote: Originally posted by xwitchbabex
Hello Everyone! I'm also new here!

I've a problem since yesterday... After I cleaned pink custom content in Clean Installer. Loading kind of all households crashes...
I maybe accidently accept " Disable Sim Shadows " in Graphics Rules Maker but I've already accept Medium on Sim/Object Shadows at RPC Setting from kinda beginning.
I've also deleted newest installed mods on Clean Installer today. And I've deleted one bad mod but it still crashes... I've not moved universal NPCs in all households. It's a graphic issue I think. But it doesn't crash when I load unoccupied lot.

And also, since a couple of months ago after I got a really good new PC... After I installed one elder sim with custom content in SavedSims it started to crash when I open Elder man Sim Bin in Create A Sim.
And... When I load Aspir with Luis Aspir and Monty with Patrizio Monty, it crashes because of elder man from create a sim that happened to me. And I've killed them with old age death because of it. Maybe because I have issues with custom content but I never found in Clean Installer and DownloadOrganiser.

What can I do? I wanna play households again...

Hi! I followed the route you did with Graphic Rules Maker but did 2 extra things. Open GRM up again: On the Settings Tab, Under "Forced Texture Memory" I put a low number. I put 512 although my Dxdiag says my display memory is 3955. Then I check-boxed the "Disable Texture Memory estimate adjustment". CLICK SAVE. My Pink was all gone and it didn't crash during loading. Let me know if that helps!

EDIT: I have 12GBs of mods, hacks & cc, it loads really fast on Win 10. I refuse to give up my stuff!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 8:52 PM
Default It works!
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@xwitchbabex please don't double post. Also, you do not need to quote a reply in order to respond to someone--and definitely don't quote the same post twice in a row! Instead edit your post to include any additional info.

Finally, reinstalling should be a last resort. Did you follow the steps above for doing a 50/50? If you have removed all your cc and are still experiencing crashing, then you could have a technical issue, but it's hard to know for sure. It's unclear what you have tried and what you haven't and if you have finished your testing. Clean templates and the RPC should not really be causing crashing--it should also be a last resort to remove those. From your posts, it sounds like you are removing things at random, making it hard to diagnose your original problem and possibly causing more.

Try to stay calm and again:
1. Turn on boolprop. Add "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" to the end of your userStartup.cheat file before you test your game. When your game crashes, go to your Logs folder and check if there's an Error Log. If so, you can post it here and we can try and help you figure it out.

2. Continue doing the 50/50. Since you have already backed up your game, remove all cc and try running the game and seeing if you have issues. If you do not, then slowly add back your cc in small groups, testing to see if you still have problems until you find the problem file or files.

It's working! Thank you so much! :D

Now I've learned that some old CC that I must testing the game after installing it, and I've organized subfolders with CC! :D