Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 1:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't load and edit Projects in Bodyshop
It's really annoying cause I dont want to make new projects everytime when I open Bodyshop again... But Bodyshop wont read the projects when I closed the game .-. The Eye and Swatch are blank and it says to import the textures I dont have enough Disk Space which is not the problem here... Unless the Game needs 70GB to import a texture... I can make new projects without problem and reload them if I havent closed bodyshop... is this an issue with bodyshop itself? Or is my Bodyshop broken?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 2:42 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Oct 2022 at 2:54 PM.
Have you had OneDrive synching your Documents folder (or any other cloud drive doing the same)? That could be one possible explanation.

Have you deleted or removed anything from the Projects folder after you've closed down Bodyshop? (Make sure you keep the Package files in there - they're template files, not usable files for your game). All the files, including those outside of the individual project folders, are necessary for them to work. Also don't edit the template Package files in SimPE - I've found this can occasionally cause bugs. Wait with the editing until you've exported to game (SavedSims package files can be edited).

Are you recoloring EAxis items or CC items? Some CC items can cause errors and/or crashes (usually not this variation, but yours could be an exception) if they've had textures replaced in SimPE with one of the RAW formats. If this is the case, could be yours somehow is getting past the point where it would crash but is demanding more memory and/or harddrive to work after you've opened up Bodyshop again.

Could be Bodyshop is storing temporary files in a place where it gets deleted when you close down Bodyshop. Might depend on how/where your game is installed.

Too many projects. I've found if Bodyshop has to load too many projects, and if the game is too cluttered with CAS CC, Bodyshop will more easily start to fail old projects for no reason.

Also if you reuse the same project a lot of times, especially when you don't make any changes to it (like when repoing, and making a bunch of files without changing the texture or tooltip). I've found if you make just a small change to the text in those cases, the project seems to last a bit longer.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 10:49 PM
I dont have one drive,

I sometimes replace the texture befor I open bodyshop by mistake but its not happening just with these projects
I never touched the package files
I exported the texture of the maxis eyes to make cosrum eyes so corrupt CC shouldnt be the issue

I do delete the Caches everytime but I wouldnt see the reason why the PC would delete tempo files if they are needed...

I have 160 Folders in projects... And alot of these .eyeclr files... btw can I delete those? Idk to which project they belong... I take out my download folder if I load bodyshop to reduce loading time
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 11:12 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Oct 2022 at 11:25 PM.
If you remove the item the recolor is based on, especially CC with custom meshes (but I've on occasion noticed it can happen for simple recolors too), projects can get borked to the point where they won't work even if you put the mesh back in again.

The ".eyeclr" files are essentially the projects pointing to the resource files. Deleting the file that links to a particular project causes that project to not work. One file points to one folder, and they have different names depending on what kind of CAS file it is. The date will usually be roughly the same for the file and at least one of the files inside the folder, so usually it's possible to pair them up if you just want to remove a few of them.

If you have 160 folder in the Project folder, that could be one of the reasons why Bodyshop is starting to get a bit iffy. If you have any PSDs or other layered files, save those somewhere else (or just move the folders somewhere else), and then just wipe everything in the Project folder and start over (including the ".eyeclr" type files). Bodyshop will probably work better from there.

The BMP files take up a lot of space, and you probably have a lot of old projects you no longer need in there anyway.

Just in case it helps with the sorting:
eyeclr - eyes
sknprj - clothes, possibly skins
hair - hair
txtovr - face overlays like makeup, etc.
mshovr - accessories
(possibly more, but these were the ones I had an overview of)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2022 at 4:24 PM
Thank you! I will try to move the folder