Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 6:31 AM
Default Mod to Stop Restaurant Host From Talking on Phone
Hi, as my title says, is there a mod somewhere to stop the host from constantly talking on the phone? Customers are waiting and waiting while he gabs on the phone, lol. Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 9:09 AM
I found this, but it seems to have been deleted, so I'm not sure if there's a newer version that I couldn't find and I'm not sure if it works with all EPs.

https://web.archive.org/web/2019060...pic,9574.0.html
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 10:40 AM
This mod is still available on Insim. http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,9574.0.html
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aysarth
This mod is still available on Insim. http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,9574.0.html

I'm not the OP, but there's still so many mods for TS2 that I had no idea about - this is one of them... I just wanted to thank you for linking to it - I'm gonna go off down the Insimenator rabbithole now, lol!

...Titanium white...
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 9:00 PM
Thanks Charity and Aysarth! The one session of him gabbing constantly totally flopped b/c I had left the comp to make RL dinner and forgot to put the game on pause, lol. When I came back I saw my mistake, but the restaurant was at -2 rep and needed 18 stars to reach lev 1!!! Yikes! When left, it was at lev 2. Also, I found out that the server was a teen and not adult (I have a mod that increases the choices of possible employees and it must have listed teens in w/the adults). He wound up quitting b/c he hated the job. I quit w/o saving b/c of the minus rank and when I went back I fired the server and hired a new one. This time I made sure he was an adult. It's going MUCH better now. Before my blunder though, a few sims walked away from the restaurant w/negative stars b/c the host was gabbing on the phone so much. I did cheat a little bit though, and added charisma and body pts to the new server so that he would be much nicer to the customers and not spill their food all over the place like the last guy did. Jason is MUCH better at seating the customers now, but I will still get this mod. The restaurant is at lev 4 now, almost 5.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 4:58 AM
Well, so much for it going much better. My second server just quit. He was fairly paid and all of his motives were green. The only down part was that he was a popularity sim and wanted a friend. Would that go against his job? What is the best way to keep employees aside from being fairly paid?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 7:50 AM
Maybe this would help. http://www.cyjon.net/node/40
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 2:44 PM
Thanks for that Charity! I just had the 3rd server quit! This will help tremendously!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonshine
Thanks for that Charity! I just had the 3rd server quit! This will help tremendously!

They normally only quit if they are being underpaid, are you sure they didn't gain some skills or badges since you last checked their pay? Just because they start on fairly paid doesn't mean they will be later.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 3:49 PM
Make your family work for you. You don't even have to pay them. XD
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Oct 2023 at 8:45 PM
Old thread I know, but is anyone able to reupload this mod? The waybackmachine download link isn't working any more :'(
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Oct 2023 at 10:56 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 27th Oct 2023 at 11:03 PM. Reason: correction: "go down" not "go town"
Aysarth linked to an alternative place to download the mod (insimenator.org) in post #3 above. insimenator.org is one of several Sims sites run by J M Pescado. All of his sites occasionally go down for a few days. I think it's server problems. So far they've always come back a few days later. If insimenator is still down in a fortnight's time I'd begin to worry.

Personally I don't think the host is just gabbing on the 'phone. He (or she) is talking to prospective diners who will come in and eat later. Sometimes I'm afraid we just have to wait. It also seems to me that the posher and dearer a restaurant is, the longer they make you wait for your food. I think it's a chef's thing. They think that the longer they make you wait, the more you'll appreciate their food. And Sims restaurants look posher than the places where I usually eat.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 29th Oct 2023 at 1:11 AM
I think this justifies a double-post:

Insimenator.org is back up again. So the mod can be downloaded there.

I thank AverageMcPosterman for drawing my attention to this.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.