Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 12:58 AM
Nice ocean water...
Is there a way to get nice sort of seafoam greenish color ocean water for a vacation hood without using Voeille's set because I can't get it to work with my dinosaur of a computer. To me seafoam green water means warm water....dark blue water means cold water...and I don't want to swim in cold water and neither do my sims.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 3:16 AM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 9th Apr 2022 at 4:27 AM.
I use Gwenke's :
https://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=4431.0

This is the actual link, but my Google flagged it as 'unsupported' ?
sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=4431.0

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wowrosanna
Is there a way to get nice sort of seafoam greenish color ocean water for a vacation hood without using Voeille's set because I can't get it to work with my dinosaur of a computer. To me seafoam green water means warm water....dark blue water means cold water...and I don't want to swim in cold water and neither do my sims.

=====
I've see oceans in various places; southern California looks more brown than blue; places with shallow water have the most clear, blue water (SE Mexico) & the Caribbean looks turquoise (due to shallow water andwhite sand).
So for a warm place I want to see turquoise water; but would love OPTIONS for my scummy places. Like when Mount St. Helens caused trees/cars/houses to float down rivers. Pollution, fire, floods, YEA!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 10:53 PM
Water reflects the sky so blue water is bluer under a blue sky. Green tends to be caused by algae and plant life not temperature.
We have water every shade down here in Australia, it's not cold.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
I use Gwenke's :
https://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=4431.0

This is the actual link, but my Google flagged it as 'unsupported' ?
sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=4431.0

I can't figure out how to use Gwenke's. When I place in in NH view it doesn't change anything in NH view. I have the Twiikki water already.
Scholar
#6 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 9:49 PM
I can't figure out how to use Gwenke's. When I place in in NH view it doesn't change anything in NH view. I have the Twiikki water already.

I think the Gwenke's water is the Twikki water ?
It should change appearance for you in NH view .

There is also a pond/lake water recolor for lot use only that changes the surface.

Back to Gwenke's, you have to make sure it's placed correctly to show up in NH view ; or it could be that your graphics card is not supporting it ?

My former pc was Win 98 and it displayed the ocean color correctly.
I was using an older model of Nvidia.

Maybe someone else who is more computer-savvy can chime in here ?

Also, if you post your computer specs someone may be able to figure out why the Twikki water aka Gwenke's is not displaying properly ?

I hope you can get it fixed ... I love using Gwenke's recolors in my custom vacay hoods.

" Inama Nushif "
Theorist
#7 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 10:36 PM
When I place in in NH view it doesn't change anything in NH view.

When you pick it up from the catalog, you should see a huge blue flat square which looks ugly up until you dive it into the water and then it should look beautiful. Try moving the mouse around, rotating the object, etc. Take a picture so we can see what's happening in your game.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 10:46 PM

If this is the overlay that I have used before https://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=4431.0 make sure your pc can run it, this is a huge texture. I use to use it and removed it due to pink flashing. But if you are going to use it you will need your settings on high/your pc will need to be able to handle it. I have found that once I had a better pc with a better graphics card that the sea water was naturally very pretty without adding anything.

Also if you disagreed with me I am not sure on what point, the water here in Australia is warm and it is often blue. This is a factual point. As to the game you can make your water whatever colour you like. But water is intensive and you are asking more of your pc by adding an overlay. in fact just having a lot of water in a hood ups it's texture requirements. That and trees.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 7:19 PM
I disagreed with your statement that the water is blue because it is reflecting the sky. Is the sky blue because it reflects the water? Neither.Google it.Anyway, no biggie

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If this is the overlay that I have used before https://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=4431.0 make sure your pc can run it, this is a huge texture. I use to use it and removed it due to pink flashing. But if you are going to use it you will need your settings on high/your pc will need to be able to handle it. I have found that once I had a better pc with a better graphics card that the sea water was naturally very pretty without adding anything.

Also if you disagreed with me I am not sure on what point, the water here in Australia is warm and it is often blue. This is a factual point. As to the game you can make your water whatever colour you like. But water is intensive and you are asking more of your pc by adding an overlay. in fact just having a lot of water in a hood ups it's texture requirements. That and trees.

I live in NE Florida. Although it is hot here and our ocean is warm, the Atlantic Ocean is murky in color off our coast. I have been all up the eastern coast of the USA into Canada and most of the ocean is the same, except when you get to South Florida. South Florida (around Miami and the Florida Keys) have whiter sand and blue Ocean. Even in NW Florida (gulf of Mexico) there is whiter sand and blue Ocean. The best I remember from Science class (too many years ago), the deeper the depth, the bluer the Ocean is.