Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Remove stencils/overlays from build/buy/CAS objects in game (edited 01/16/2014)

by velocitygrass Posted 9th Jun 2012 at 11:59 AM - Updated 16th Jan 2014 at 5:25 PM by velocitygrass : Note about patch 1.66

238 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 98 Feedback Posts, 139 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 10
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#151 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 7:23 PM
Oh man, I've been waiting for this mod to be updated...thanks so much! I didn't realize how much I missed it until I didn't have it.
Test Subject
#152 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 3:01 PM
Any word on patch 1.42?
Inventor
Original Poster
#153 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 5:45 PM
@Soltis: There's a note from 10/31 saying it works with 1.42.
Test Subject
#154 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 12:11 AM Last edited by Doodlez : 2nd Dec 2012 at 12:27 AM.
Great mod! Works for me fine. Removed specular from almost all EAclothes.
But I have a little problem with my sim. I used "deco p" in cas on my sim not in the Cast-a-style.. so now he is completely invisible. Resets didnt work, now i cant even see him in cas. Unfortunately I saved him to bin after changing his clothes. Is there any way to get back that stupid specular on my sim?
Inventor
Original Poster
#155 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 2:31 PM
@Doodlez: Hmm, that might be problematic. Have you tried duplicating him in create a family/household? I'm not sure how EA handles that, but if they just keep the specular, which you replaced, there might not be an easy fix.
Test Subject
#156 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 4:01 PM Last edited by Doodlez : 3rd Dec 2012 at 10:35 AM.
@velocitygrass: Yes I tried to clone him in cas, but it didnt work, he was still inisible. Also skin changes(choosing diferrent skintone or using the color ramp) didnt work. MasterController resets/ fix invisible sims didnt work too. My sim was visible only for a sec, when the game just loaded and I can see his head while clicking on objects, portraits are fine too. The savegame icon is completely black as the icon in cas... Tried removing this mod - didnt help.

My game is russian, so I dont know how that option are called in english.

I have a crazy idea. What is add specular to sim file in s3pe?
Inventor
Original Poster
#157 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 10:35 AM
@Doodlez: I've tried to reproduce this by using deco p (and even deco spamo) on a sim in CAS, but I couldn't get my sim to turn invisible or black. I don't suppose you have a previous version of the sim in another save or so? If you upload the sim for me somewhere I can take a look at him.
Test Subject
#158 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 10:43 AM Last edited by Doodlez : 3rd Dec 2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Adding
@velocitygrass: Unfortunately no. My game dont crashes anymore, so I dont press save button a lot now as I should.

Here is my sim I use default skin, maybe that is why he turned invisble? Or its just my game..

His daughter uses the same CC (trusted, never happend smthg with it) and she is visible. Also he became invisible after saving family, when I bought them an house and they moved in.

Do you need CC for him? (skin, sliders, moles, beard, eyes, accessories)
This is how he must look like
Inventor
Original Poster
#159 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 1:58 PM
@Doodlez: This looks to me more like a general invisible sim bug. He did show up for me (without CC, but he wasn't invisible). Have you tried creating a new save with the sim from the bin? You mentioned you'd already tried MasterController's fix invisible sims interaction. There's also Consort's mod, which you could try. I've also had invisible sim issues, happening when they use the Supernatural portals/magic phone booths. They tend to fix themselves, though, when they use it again.
Test Subject
#160 Old 3rd Dec 2012 at 2:36 PM
@velocitygrass: Yes, three times with reloading the game and clearing the caches but the result was always the same.

Thank you, I will try this fix tomorrow and let you know. Today I must prepare for school.
Test Subject
#161 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 7:04 PM
@velocitygrass: Big Thank you`s for your support. And sorry for the trouble.
I finally managed to figure out the problem. Slider glitches. Jonha`s butt size slider value was over 2 xxx xxx xxx I don`t know what is up with my game again, cause the max value is 256 and don't use any increasing mods. Now the sim doesn't look the same (skin color doesn't match, slider values are the same but the face is different). Gosh.. I fought that madness has been gone, but here it comes again..
Inventor
Original Poster
#162 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 8:00 AM
@Doodlez: I'm glad you (sort of) fixed it. Good luck with restoring him the rest of the way.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#163 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 12:17 AM
Awesome!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#164 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 12:09 PM
NO MORE SHINY COTTON! You have no idea how big of a heroine you are, ma'am.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#165 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 12:32 PM
I know I've commented several times on this thread, but I just have to thank you again, velocitygrass! This might just be my favorite, most indispensable mod! And thanks for confirming it works with 1.50!
Test Subject
#166 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 11:05 PM
WOW WOW WOW
IS AMAZING
the best mod I've seen in my life!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
you're the best!
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 12:32 AM
For some reason, when entering the code in CASt, it does not register the code. it says invalid code or something (same error code when entering a cheat code incorrectly). Only I'm not. (deco m)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#168 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 4:00 AM
HALLELUJAH!!! I have been waiting so long for something like this!

@velocitygrass You have never disappointed me in the slightest - and this...(for me) takes the cake! I would have quit playing Sims altogether if it weren't for you. Wonderful/Amazing/Genius/Incredible/Awesome; you velocitygrass are all of these things. Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication.
Inventor
Original Poster
#169 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 12:44 PM Last edited by velocitygrass : 21st Mar 2013 at 12:59 PM.
@tf1058: Hmm, seems like it didn't load the script at all. Can you double-check your framework and the package and delete the script cache?

ETA: Oh, and double-check if you downloaded velocitygrass_remove_deco.zip and not the other zip. I still have the package for the old version of the mod up.
Test Subject
#170 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 6:05 PM
I have the same problem as TF1058. i get unknown command when I put it in and I have the remove deco zip installed in my mods:overrides folder. I have all the EPs and no SPs and I really want to use this genius of a mod.
Inventor
Original Poster
#171 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 12:06 AM
@misspinkmey: Hmm, I don't know why it shouldn't work. Are you doing this in your home lot or before you chose a home lot (e.g. in create a family or edit town before starting the game)?
Test Subject
#172 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 5:02 AM
i tried it before choosing a home lot. i'll try it with an already played game to see if that works.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#173 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 2:20 AM
Thanks! Why did EA think we wanted all our sim clothes so shiny? lol
Test Subject
#174 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 1:13 AM
so I tried it after playing for a few moments and it still doesn't work for me
I just realized i never tested it without any other mods... i'll see what that does.
Test Subject
#175 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 12:34 PM
so I tried it with no other scripting mods and it works! i guess i now have to find the culprit and unfortunately... i think it's an NRAAS mod
Page 7 of 10