Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(Deprecated! See description for info)Height Slider and Shorter Teens Mod v1.97

by simmythesim Posted 8th Jul 2015 at 4:45 AM - Updated 2nd Feb 2016 at 7:02 PM by simmythesim

491 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 289 Feedback Posts, 201 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 18 of 20
Scholar
THANKS POST
#426 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 9:07 AM
Works fine for me as well, I love this mod. Thanks again.
Scholar
#427 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 9:00 PM
It still works after dec 17 patch.
Anyone else noticed that some sims have a small change in length just by installing this mod. On some portraits heads are cut at the top.
In my imagination only?
Lab Assistant
#428 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 6:42 PM
Has anyone noticed if short Sims still bounce up and down on the ground, as though the ground is all trampoline, with this mod? The devs made a change to feet/ground on December 4th and I've been wondering if it actually improved this mod...

I still would like my Barbie family (well some of them, and others) to have little feet but be tall though, so that's the other reason I'm not using this mod, though I wanted it and tried it. :\ I've been wondering if height could be changed via the Head-Up-Down slider instead. I already get very slight height effects from that, helps women with bigger hair than their husbands not seem to tower over 'em so much, sometimes even look slightly smaller. (As a very short real woman the man-height Sim women seem super tall.) It also doesn't seem to provide as much drawback, IMHO, IF it would work. Sorry if anyone minds this idea/suggestion/question.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#429 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 4:47 AM
I've been wanting to try and recreate myself as a Sim but since all Sims generally share the same height I had to throw the thought out the window because I'm short. Seeing this made me happy and I really appreciate your work!
Test Subject
#430 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 9:32 PM
I think this mod needs an update anyways. In my game the "shorter teens" part of the mod only works in female sims.
Test Subject
#431 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 5:59 PM
Hey, I absolutely love this mod, but for some reason the sims legs look distorted when I use it. If they're taller, the legs bow outward at the knees, and if I make them short, the shins arch back very oddly. I was just wondering if there's something wrong with my game? Like a conflict of some sort. Just didn't know if there was a fix for that..
Test Subject
#432 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TayPaige
Hey, I absolutely love this mod, but for some reason the sims legs look distorted when I use it. If they're taller, the legs bow outward at the knees, and if I make them short, the shins arch back very oddly. I was just wondering if there's something wrong with my game? Like a conflict of some sort. Just didn't know if there was a fix for that..

that's a side effect of this mod.
They need to fix this if possible...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#433 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 1:57 PM
cool
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#434 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 8:10 AM
It really bugs me that the creators of The Sims 4 didn't put much effort or save some time to make heights different in game. Thanks for making this mod!
Test Subject
#435 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 5:28 PM
Hey great mod but I'm big on genetics I noticed the girls take their mother's height and the boys take their fathers height the only problem is I wish it would switch up a bit like the boys would take their mothers height or the girls who take their fathers height or even a great ancestor I don't know was very tall or very short is that something that can be done or ??? Or is that something already in the game with the past on genetics but I know in cas mode it's same sex only
Test Subject
#436 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheRandomestBunny
It really bugs me that the creators of The Sims 4 didn't put much effort or save some time to make heights different in game. Thanks for making this mod!

They said that is not them the technology isn't ready so that's just the software not any game developers they said they even tried just short average or tall heights it wouldn't work so sliders of course not lol
Instructor
#437 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 11:45 PM
Does this still work with the 1/7 update?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#438 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 3:30 PM
Thank you for all the work I know you must have put in this and with the same breath I hate to be one of 'those people' ... but, I can't get it to work. I assumed you'd only download the latest version, but I went through all the comments and it is not entirely clear although it seems to point to that, so I am going to try that now. If possible though, it would be awesome to know for sure. In any case, thank you so very much, again. This is something that the creators REALLY need to do for the game - it is wonderful to see people other than them do it since they are not stepping up to the plate.
Instructor
#439 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaquie
Thank you for all the work I know you must have put in this and with the same breath I hate to be one of 'those people' ... but, I can't get it to work. I assumed you'd only download the latest version, but I went through all the comments and it is not entirely clear although it seems to point to that, so I am going to try that now. If possible though, it would be awesome to know for sure. In any case, thank you so very much, again. This is something that the creators REALLY need to do for the game - it is wonderful to see people other than them do it since they are not stepping up to the plate.

Are you pulling at their feet? You need to do that to adjust the height. It's a bit tricky to achieve, but it does work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#440 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 10:42 PM
Thank you so much for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#441 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 2:11 AM
do I need to download ALL of the folders that say "Height Slider Only" to just get the Height slider? I just wanted to be clear so I don't downloaded the wrong ones btw this is awesome and i'm super excited to use it!
Lab Assistant
#442 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FreckledQueen
do I need to download ALL of the folders that say "Height Slider Only" to just get the Height slider? I just wanted to be clear so I don't downloaded the wrong ones btw this is awesome and i'm super excited to use it!

Just the most recent one will do. I suggest you to create a folder within your Sims4/Mods/...... so you can easily find it when you need to remove it or update it (after a patch update) Have fun!! :-) ;-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#443 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 10:08 PM
This is the first mod I'm downloading for my game besides cc, and I am so grateful that I found this mod! I NEED a shorter teen! <3
Instructor
#444 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 11:35 PM
Default New Height slider and progressive growth
To all interested on Height slider and more.

If you didn't read the main description page for this mod, >>>>> It says DEPRECATED !

If you want Height slider and more please visit this Thread by the same author.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#445 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 10:04 PM
Wonderful, much needed mod! Thanks
Scholar
#446 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
To all interested on Height slider and more.

If you didn't read the main description page for this mod, >>>>> It says DEPRECATED !

If you want Height slider and more please visit this Thread by the same author.

With the new height slider mod the genetics is not working. Full height parents will not get full height sims as in this mod. It's a pity as sims look much better in the new mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#447 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 5:45 AM
I would go with the "new" one if there were a way to not have sims gradually grow, or be randomized, and if it could be done in CAS. For now, I'm sticking with this mod, thankyouverymuch!
Test Subject
#448 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KikiAgent15
I would go with the "new" one if there were a way to not have sims gradually grow, or be randomized, and if it could be done in CAS. For now, I'm sticking with this mod, thankyouverymuch!

if you don't want the gradual and random growth just remove the "height slider growth.package" file.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#449 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 6:35 AM
dfgh
Test Subject
#450 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 5:07 PM
Will this mod allow height adjustment for kids or is it just teens?
Page 18 of 20