3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#29251 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Stuck Object Remover?

Yes that's the one, I use it a lot.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
To find an invisible OMSP you're not sure where went, pick a "small" object in buy mode (one that goes on any shelf/table), hover it around the area without placing, and if it jumps to somewhere instead of following your pointer, that's most likely the location of the OMSP (it will occasionally jump to the same tile as lamps and some other random non-OMSP items, but if you know there's a rogue OMSP somewhere, that's most likely the one, if you are able to pick it up by the edge or recolor it). May not work in all situations, but can be useful.

Yes I know that, thanks But if you use bedding using OMSPs sometimes you can't move the duvet without messing everything else up like the pillows or moving the bed itself.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Advertisement
Instructor
#29252 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 9:16 PM
Hmm, maybe I will get them then. If I get overwhelmed or don't want them I can always just delete them. Idk why I'm scared of them.

Another question then, not asked because I want to do so but purely out of curiosity. How would one with the UC accomplish playing a lepacy in ts2? It seems quite easy in 3 where you can disable packs. But how could you in 2? Only if you had the discs and installed only one at a time? Just try super hard to remember what gameplay features came with what?
Alchemist
#29253 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 9:33 PM
AnyGameStarter?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29254 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Hmm, maybe I will get them then. If I get overwhelmed or don't want them I can always just delete them. Idk why I'm scared of them.

Another question then, not asked because I want to do so but purely out of curiosity. How would one with the UC accomplish playing a lepacy in ts2? It seems quite easy in 3 where you can disable packs. But how could you in 2? Only if you had the discs and installed only one at a time? Just try super hard to remember what gameplay features came with what?

Be careful with AGS it has ruined games. For some people, it works smoothly while others find their main game removed or other things happening.

The main features would be easy to achieve and avoid.

Don't add a uni or play uni for the Uni pack
Don't add or go to downtown for Nightlife. No way around the chemistry system.
Don't get a pet before Pets
Don't play an apartment before AL
Maybe set it to be all one Season in game before adding in Seasons.
Don't run a business before OFB.
Don't go on vacation before BV

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#29255 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Yes I know that, thanks But if you use bedding using OMSPs sometimes you can't move the duvet without messing everything else up like the pillows or moving the bed itself.

Lately I've taken to adding shiftability to as much CC as possible, so I don't have to use OMSPs in all instances. Then I can grab the item itself instead of figuring out where the invisible OMSP is all the time (they tend to overlap, it's annoying). It doesn't work for everything (some items will still need OMSPs for special heights) but for anything in the "standard" heights, and as long as the decorating happens before putting a sim into a scene (because sims have a LOT of slots if you use moveobjects), it works quite nice.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#29256 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Be careful with AGS it has ruined games. For some people, it works smoothly while others find their main game removed or other things happening.

I don't think that would be caused by AGS; it edits the registry, it doesn't delete or move any of the userdata files.
If something goes wrong during the registry edit, it's perfectly possible to fix it through AGS. it makes a copy of your original keys and can restore them.
Alchemist
#29257 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl

The original legacy ruleset had categories of challenges so, by looking at that it's easier to tell what features came with what EP. Maybe give it a read and see if that helps? https://simslegacychallenge.com/leg...rules-advanced/

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#29258 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 8:14 AM
It's OK to interact with the DJs, right? Or are they one of those not to be touched NPCs?

I'm asking because the rule of thumb I know is that if they have a normal name and a pie menu that lets you talk to them and stuff then they're regular people and it's fine, but if they have no name and no interactions available then don't mess with it. The DJs have a name, but no pie menu or interaction options, BUT when I have a sim "work as the DJ" then she comes down off the booth to make room for him and at some point in this he may get her into his relationship panel (I'm not totally sure how, since I didn't see it happen with another sim who did the same thing).

Is that cool and I can have him start working on building the relationship over the phone so they can get to know each other? Or did something go astray and he wasn't supposed to be able to meet her?
Alchemist
#29259 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 8:22 AM
DJs should be okay. Which NPCs are safe to play as?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Inventor
#29260 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 9:14 AM
It's normal. People on a job have a flag for "disable social selection". It can be set for any reason in case the person is unable to repond or needs to be made to look busy.
Lab Assistant
#29261 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 5:58 PM
Thanks! I haven't used the DJ booth very much before, so what threw me off was that she has no pie menu at all while working, when all the other safe NPCs I know like cashiers & maids & bartenders have a *few* limited options while they're on the job like "chat" and "tip". But now that I think about it, I guess it does make sense that you wouldn't be able to talk to a DJ while she's spinning out the tunes...!

Side note, does anyone else hate that Maxis made some of these un-interactable NPCs in the first place? Not people like the Grim Reaper or Unsavory Charlatan, but the drivers and the breakdancer and the social workers... I wish they were real people who lived in the community and might show up around town when they weren't working, I like having NPCs be part of the story.
Alchemist
#29262 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 9:17 PM
Hmm, yes and no. I'm leaning yes because in TS2, time and uncontrollables' motives work differently. So yeah, they could have made them real sims with a chance to show up elsewhere--servers already do that, I believe. And some can even be summoned by the matchmaker. It also helps that in TS2 such npcs don't really have a schedule or set hours when they're busy and unavailable to hang out.

But if it'd be something like the TS3 system, on the other hand, then no, hard pass. I've tried to have my sims date a service npc in TS3, and it is often a pita to get a hold of them. They are always busy when you want to hang out--work shifts seem to be really long. Or they say no because it's too close to their shift, or they need to sleep, or whatever. Realistic to be sure, but just annoying and not fun to play in reality. In TS2, this isn't such a big deal because when uncontrollables arrive at community lots or at your playable's house, their motives are boosted. In TS3, when my sims finally convince that cute bartender or bouncer to come over, they're super tired and can only stay for a short time. And then it is TS3, so of course when you finally move them in, you find they have an ex-girlfriend who's pissed at your sim, and a toddler. And I'm like, 'WTH? When did you even have the time to get a baby mama and also didn't you say you were single?!'

Long story short, I have mixed feelings about it.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Inventor
#29263 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 11:35 PM
If the social worker could be interacted with, I would love to meet her and show what I think about the power of the government. But that would dispel the aura of mystique and fear around her. I did the next best thing and abused a nanny who summoned a social worker when she got lost on the Dreamy Fields sports club.

The socials can be disabled on every step of an NPCs duty. For example when a delivery person walks to the door, and can't be interacted with, but then becomes available again. Or when a Dining Server is actively going out to the tables, but is available when idle near its stove.

The roles of almost all NPCs require a presence of a person. Except the Big Boss, for whom we only ever see a little picture. I wish that NPCs didn't have their work outfits set as everyday. Some of them are not appropriate for visitation. They all wear a GUID over they casual anyway.

From what I heard a TS3 world seems hard for the player to take control over.
Mad Poster
#29264 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
DJs should be okay. Which NPCs are safe to play as?
That's interesting. Last time I looked, I'm pretty sure DJs were in the list of problematic Sims to make playable. I've never taken the chance, though I have sometimes changed their clothes with the Sim Manipulator. I wonder if somebody has been doing some research into them.

Is there a different list on the other Sims wiki? (The one that's linked to MTS?)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#29265 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 1:36 AM
I thought cheerleaders were unsafe because there's no way to stop them from constantly doing the school cheer.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29266 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
I thought cheerleaders were unsafe because there's no way to stop them from constantly doing the school cheer.

Cheerleaders/mascots are safe to marry, there are a couple of mods that remove their outfits from them on community lots. Once playable they will lose their coding to cheer or pull pranks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#29267 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 2:38 AM
No, cheerleaders are fine. Obsessive coded behavior is not a problem; limited behavior is. Just as the head witches have to run to curb to cast spells periodically, cheerleaders have to cheer. It's not like taxi drivers who can only drive or social workers who can only abduct and deliver children. The rule of thumb is, that if an NPC has both a real name and a normal range of interactions available when off-duty, they're safe.

The No Adult Mascots mod, which stops llamas and cows from wearing their heads everywhere, also stops cheerleading for both llamas and cheerleaders, after they graduate.

If you want them not to cheer on campus, I think you'll have to do it yourself. But why would you want to lose the opportunity to get cheerleaders presiding over so man first ever woohoos?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#29268 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 2:45 AM
Hmm, not sure if the list is different elsewhere. But yeah, cheerleaders are safe. The glitches I've seen around them, the mascots, and the streakers, are that sometimes they'll show up in uni (when you're playing another household), even though they've already graduated, or that they'll try to wear their old costume--again, when they're uncontrollable. So like, you'll invite them over and instead of their work uniform, they've got their old uni costume on. And with the cheerleaders, they put on the llama costume instead of the cheerleader outfit. But other than that, they act like a normal sim.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#29269 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 2:27 PM
Does anyone know why some recolors of furniture or bathrooms and recolors of paintings do not appear? Before they did appear, but I changed some things and now they don't all appear. I checked the names of the files in case there were any duplicates, but I don't think there is... could it be something from the cep?
Mad Poster
#29270 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
Does anyone know why some recolors of furniture or bathrooms and recolors of paintings do not appear? Before they did appear, but I changed some things and now they don't all appear. I checked the names of the files in case there were any duplicates, but I don't think there is... could it be something from the cep?

Depends what you changed.

If they're recolors of EAxis furniture, then most likely it's CEP related - make sure you've got it installed properly. For some items it's possible you need CEPextras.

If they're recolors of CC items, they could be lacking meshes, so make sure you've downloaded those (buy/build recolors usually won't show up if the mesh isn't available).
Forum Resident
#29271 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Depends what you changed.

If they're recolors of EAxis furniture, then most likely it's CEP related - make sure you've got it installed properly. For some items it's possible you need CEPextras.

If they're recolors of CC items, they could be lacking meshes, so make sure you've downloaded those (buy/build recolors usually won't show up if the mesh isn't available).

Thanks! Later when I open the game I will try what you say, to see if I can get it to work. The recolors are all from in-game items.
Instructor
#29272 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 5:03 PM
I feel like this should be obvious but just to be completely certain, for owned businesses "Current Session" is just while it's open a specific time, right? Like if my sim is there from 6am to 6pm on Monday the "Current Session" is just 6am to 6pm Monday then resets? If I'm understanding that correctly, when you hover over it is cash flow or revenue how much the business made that session? I know it's not expenses.

Just trying to think the best way to keep track of business earnings for individual bank accounts for sims who both own something but live together.
Lab Assistant
#29273 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
That's interesting. Last time I looked, I'm pretty sure DJs were in the list of problematic Sims to make playable. I've never taken the chance, though I have sometimes changed their clothes with the Sim Manipulator. I wonder if somebody has been doing some research into them.

Is there a different list on the other Sims wiki? (The one that's linked to MTS?)

Possible you were thinking of the break dancers? I know I seem to get those two mixed up. Either that, or someone editing the wiki made the same assumption as me: that because they had NO social pie menu while on the job (not even talk, tip, etc) they were unsafe.

A little more elaboration about interacting with them. My Strangetown has three DJs (I believe this is normal since I don't have any of the anti-redundancy type mods). The first one, whose name is Bree, I was able to get her into Ripp Grunt's relationship panel... somehow. I think that it happened when he went to "work as the DJ" at the booth, but it also might have been because he did Scope Room and thought she was hot. If your playable takes over the booth, the NPC DJ comes off of it while they're up there and starts dancing with everyone else on the dancefloor -- so maybe you could meet them by sending two sims to the club and having one work, then see if the other playable can talk to the DJ while they're not occupied (I haven't tried this yet).

The second DJ is a guy named Norman, and he actually showed up on a lot as a walkby, and seemed to be normal and interactable. I didn't talk to him extensively at the time, but I remember noticing him and wondering who he was (I knew he couldn't be a default townie as he spawned with a CC hairstyle) and then seeing him at the booth the next time I went to the dance club and going "Ohhh, so that's who that guy was!"

I've also seen Bree's name pop up on the online computer chat! So that could be another way to get a DJ into your relationship panel. I assume the matchmaker or a networking perk could introduce you to them, as well.

Also, I thought that all the NPCs who are full people could show up randomly on community lots. Unless I have a mod which does that. I saw the burglar out shopping yesterday (you'd think she'd take off the burglar outfit while grabbing groceries!)
Alchemist
#29274 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 6:37 PM
IIRC, current session is the current day and it "resets" or rather, moves on to the next bar, at midnight. I vaguely remember trying to make my sims leave before midnight so they could use that day's totals for check ins, as opposed to the chump change they made after midnight. What I don't know is what happens if you leave and come back the same day, if it still counts as the current session. I'm leaning yes but it's been a while since I played a business.

@Sokisims idk what you added, but also just be mindful about adding CEP extras or mesh defaults. So if you added a CEP that gave something subsets, for example, you could have very well broke your old recolors, because they aren't compatible with the new CEP. Doesn't always happen, but it can happen, just so you know. Usually something like that is mentioned in the download though.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Inventor
#29275 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 4:45 PM
How to add a lighting to a door with SimPE? I have some old Lafenetre door add-ons, but they won't brighten up the room on its own. On the other hand, the Raynuss paneled doors do add daylight to the room.
Page 1171 of 1347