Replies: 4796 (Who?), Viewed: 282424 times.
Page 192 of 192
Forum Resident
#4776 Old 27th Jun 2022 at 3:46 AM
they not need to be transformed the child werewolves break stuff too.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4777 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 2:52 PM
So....random werewolves in my game have now taken to dying from anger...like...in the middle of their little rampages (that happen way too often for my liking). I've yet to figure out if it's a mod issue, and I've noticed other people having this problem and not finding an answer -____-

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#4778 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 5:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
So....random werewolves in my game have now taken to dying from anger...like...in the middle of their little rampages (that happen way too often for my liking). I've yet to figure out if it's a mod issue, and I've noticed other people having this problem and not finding an answer -____-

I never did understand that "dying from" thing. Dying from laughter; simply "freezing to death"; etc., etc. I can't even remember them all. Now dying from anger. (They had redone the traits, anger being one of them. So, was anger dying a prior issue?)
Oh, why, oh, why do we need so many damn mods to make this game make sense??

Cleaning up the past will always clear up the future. - FortuneCookie.com
Mad Poster
#4779 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 8:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikosay
I never did understand that "dying from" thing. Dying from laughter; simply "freezing to death"; etc., etc. I can't even remember them all. Now dying from anger. (They had redone the traits, anger being one of them. So, was anger dying a prior issue?)
Oh, why, oh, why do we need so many damn mods to make this game make sense??

Death from anger was basically a heart attack. It's called something like "Cardiac Explosion".

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4780 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 1:10 AM
My Wedding Stories was made from bits and pieces of the new prom system, change my mind.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#4781 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 8:50 PM
Yeah... I don't like the look of these "werewolves". They do be looking like furries or cartoon characters. I loved the look of the werewolves in Sims 3. But then I was a big fan of Teen Wolf. Read that CC was broken... how do you figure out if you got broken CC? Will the game just flat out not launch, or will it crash or will things just not work (like the broken CC chairs). I got a ton of CC and right now I'm kinda thinking about just removing it... Most of it I don't know where it's from (Lot CC, Sim CC). I do know I got a bunch of sliders... somewhere in there.
Mad Poster
#4782 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 10:12 PM
Me, when I hear Maxis/EA how many more years they be releasing packs or stretching years for TS4:

https://youtube.com/shorts/7V6KIH5O_Fc?feature=share

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#4783 Old 10th Jul 2022 at 9:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craft90
Yeah... I don't like the look of these "werewolves". They do be looking like furries or cartoon characters. I loved the look of the werewolves in Sims 3. But then I was a big fan of Teen Wolf. Read that CC was broken... how do you figure out if you got broken CC? Will the game just flat out not launch, or will it crash or will things just not work (like the broken CC chairs). I got a ton of CC and right now I'm kinda thinking about just removing it... Most of it I don't know where it's from (Lot CC, Sim CC). I do know I got a bunch of sliders... somewhere in there.

Sliders were the things that broke. You'll know if yours got broken because you won't be able to use them in CAS. Cmar has a batch fix tool for them though in the downloads section.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
#4784 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 4:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Me, when I hear Maxis/EA how many more years they be releasing packs or stretching years for TS4:

https://youtube.com/shorts/7V6KIH5O_Fc?feature=share

It's funny, I ended up in a debate with someone online who couldn't fathom why people wanted EA to conclude its Sims 4 packs and/or move on to the Sims 5. They argued "if Sims 5 comes out we'll have to start all over again with a vanilla game! I'd rather them keep releasing new content for Sims 4 for as long as possible."

I don't agree with what they said by any means, but it does make me contemplate how EA is so fucking greedy that it's gotten to the point where people would rather the Sims 4 continue until the end of time just so that they don't have to go back to no weather/pets in the base game (because it's become obvious that EA will never release a base game with those things at this point).

But for me, I am ready for this game to be done with. There's simply too much content. I recently uninstalled it from my computer, and it was taking up 19 GB (a portion of that might have been from my mods, but still). To put it in perspective, I own less than half of all the packs that are available to buy. Unless you're using a dedicated gaming computer (which I am not, I use a Surface laptop), you pretty much have to sacrifice all of your computer's hard drive space to experience the complete game, and on top of that you'll be paying over $1000 total. I'm not saying I expect EA to turn out a good product with the Sims 5, in fact the cynical side of me expects the exact opposite. But I would still rather them move on and let Sims 4 go already, it's been almost a decade and no amount of extra content will fix how broken the base game is at this point. Maybe I secretly want to be tortured with the anticipation of a new entry in the series and cling onto the irrational hope that Sims 5 will be good, who knows. But I do know that there is no way in hell that this base game can handle another several years of more packs.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Field Researcher
#4785 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 11:27 PM
51.1GB

I have all the packs and that is how much my computer says the sims 4 folder is (program files).
Field Researcher
#4786 Old 14th Jul 2022 at 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itskatie
It's funny, I ended up in a debate with someone online who couldn't fathom why people wanted EA to conclude its Sims 4 packs and/or move on to the Sims 5. They argued "if Sims 5 comes out we'll have to start all over again with a vanilla game! I'd rather them keep releasing new content for Sims 4 for as long as possible."

I don't agree with what they said by any means, but it does make me contemplate how EA is so fucking greedy that it's gotten to the point where people would rather the Sims 4 continue until the end of time just so that they don't have to go back to no weather/pets in the base game (because it's become obvious that EA will never release a base game with those things at this point).

But for me, I am ready for this game to be done with. There's simply too much content. I recently uninstalled it from my computer, and it was taking up 19 GB (a portion of that might have been from my mods, but still). To put it in perspective, I own less than half of all the packs that are available to buy. Unless you're using a dedicated gaming computer (which I am not, I use a Surface laptop), you pretty much have to sacrifice all of your computer's hard drive space to experience the complete game, and on top of that you'll be paying over $1000 total. I'm not saying I expect EA to turn out a good product with the Sims 5, in fact the cynical side of me expects the exact opposite. But I would still rather them move on and let Sims 4 go already, it's been almost a decade and no amount of extra content will fix how broken the base game is at this point. Maybe I secretly want to be tortured with the anticipation of a new entry in the series and cling onto the irrational hope that Sims 5 will be good, who knows. But I do know that there is no way in hell that this base game can handle another several years of more packs.

I am neither a computer engineer nor someone able to predict the future, but it would seem to me that it would be impossible for Maxis to continue TS4 forever. Even another 5 years and the game would be so crappy and outdated that it could qualify to be placed in the Atari/Commodore 64/Nintendo museum of ancient games. They would have to go back and repair the base game so much that it would be more economical, and far more practical, to start over again with TS5. But, of course, until then, it's obvious that EA will milk it as much as they can until the cow falls over dead. (Kinda like that scene in Gone With The Wind with the horse.)

Cleaning up the past will always clear up the future. - FortuneCookie.com
Scholar
#4787 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 4:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepycatDSL
51.1GB

I have all the packs and that is how much my computer says the sims 4 folder is (program files).

49.5MB, and I have no Kits or Weddings GP, it just shows how tiny those packs really are.
Lab Assistant
#4788 Old 16th Jul 2022 at 5:30 AM
My Sims 4 folder is 64.6 GB. That's with all content. Minus mods.

Surprised no one is talking about Sims 4 High School pack. Actually, why AM I surprised...? It was inevitable and still looks broken because of course it is. I thought it was fake when someone told me about it.

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.
Mad Poster
#4789 Old 16th Jul 2022 at 2:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikosay
I am neither a computer engineer nor someone able to predict the future, but it would seem to me that it would be impossible for Maxis to continue TS4 forever. Even another 5 years and the game would be so crappy and outdated that it could qualify to be placed in the Atari/Commodore 64/Nintendo museum of ancient games. They would have to go back and repair the base game so much that it would be more economical, and far more practical, to start over again with TS5. But, of course, until then, it's obvious that EA will milk it as much as they can until the cow falls over dead. (Kinda like that scene in Gone With The Wind with the horse.)

Not to mention. They covered up pretty much everything with completed returning of all themes and the recent two expansions packs (High School and ugh Snowy Escape (it's hard to even keep track the uninterest list of packs) just proofs/shows they don't have substiantial themes to cover up that doesn't revolve around a single vacationing/exquisite destination or a life stage's life period/"career".

I checked the wiki and it reads TS4 has now already 12 expansion pack, which is by one difference more than TS3. If they stretch the game for 5 (or even 10 ) more years than I can foresee the remaining expansions pack being a chunk of content that should been already presented by fan demand and could have instead be as game packs while still not feeling huge holes the game has in terms of satisfying replay value and meet veteran demands. I

Interestingly, I'm a little bit surprise game packs is on a equal footing in terms on number of packs and that expansion packs are catching on with them So by 2026, if TS4 isn't out of the job we can expect EPS/GPS packing a whooping TWENTY packs., being FORTY in total if we can clump them together.

Top Secret Researcher
#4790 Old 16th Jul 2022 at 6:49 PM
Didn't Cottage Living come after Snowy Escape?
Mad Poster
#4791 Old 16th Jul 2022 at 7:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusannaG
Didn't Cottage Living come after Snowy Escape?

yeah, it did. I sorta implied I literally hardly remember what was the pack before HSY. Cottage Living is the newer but somewhat understandable to come as an expansion pack. Snowy Escape is more of a downloadable world concept.

Alchemist
#4792 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 1:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSwitchback

Surprised no one is talking about Sims 4 High School pack.

This is the GP thread and not the EP one. It is being discussed in the other one.
Lab Assistant
#4793 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 5:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
This is the GP thread and not the EP one. It is being discussed in the other one.

Wow, I'm so used to GPs at this point I didn't even notice, haha!

Mad Poster
#4794 Old 25th Jul 2022 at 1:14 PM
" I will fight for you until your heart stops beating."

Beavis and Butthead Twilight movie werewolves vampires

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzuuUAIWMzE
Lab Assistant
#4795 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 8:17 AM

*Long siiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

WHY DO YOU EVEN GIVE ME THE OPTION TO ASK THIS.

Instructor
#4796 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 5:37 PM
Quote:

*Long siiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

This reminds me of that one time I had my mermaid sim out in the sea swimming, she encountered another mermaid and I jokingly asked him "are you a mermaid?" and his response was pretty much "Huh? What gave you that idea?" like, I don't know, you're swimming with me in the middle of the ocean, have a mermaid tail and all that? But sure, lie to my face.

Or that one time my sim had an alien child; the parent had a friend who often visited and saw this green child often since I was too lazy to keep the human disguise on at home. Only after the kid turned into a teen the friend suddenly realized that "oh heck, this kid is an alien!!!" and then kept freaking out about it. Like, dude, you held him as a baby, you helped him to potty as a toddler and read him stories, you helped him with his homework when he was a child etc, you were almost like his other parent through the years! Took you long enough to realize he was green skinned and black eyed this whole time.... *sigh*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4797 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 6:02 PM
Quote:

*Long siiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

*laughs in rawr xD"

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Page 192 of 192