1 people viewing
Replies: 11512 (Who?), Viewed: 483697 times.
Page 461 of 461
Forum Resident
#11501 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 12:05 AM
Maybe they're bored.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11502 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 12:15 AM
With my usual slow pace with my creations, I should probably start again on the Christmas-themed lot I'd started right around the holiday last year if I have any hope of having it out by December this year! (not even kidding)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#11503 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 2:52 AM
The Sims 2 community is interesting. When one or two Modders stop answering questions about the games files and goes MIA, two other Modders come out the blue and pick up the slack.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Forum Resident
#11504 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 6:49 PM
In all my time of making clothes for sims, I was never good at making shirt hems or sleeve hems so they look like actual shirts. My few attempts at hems makes them overlap the shirt part. the sleeves are a lot more tricky for me.
Mad Poster
#11505 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 11:54 PM
I keep getting tempted to try a project that would take a HUGE amount of CFE work in a number of different ways... and if it was just one CFE method that would be needed I think I'd have started it, but trying to make them all work together successfully is really daunting...

Scholar
#11506 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 12:18 PM
What's CFE

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11507 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 6:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli
What's CFE
CFE refers to the use of the boolprop constrainFloorElevation false building cheat. It allows you to do things with levels that would otherwise not be possible. I am really one of the worst people here to explain CFE because, although I have used it in at least one of the building contests that I've entered or played along with, I have forgotten how I used it! Perhaps one or more of the "master builders" here will explain it better than I can.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#11508 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 8:18 AM
Constrain Floor Elevation. By default, the floors are constrained in the game, and the cheat changes that, so that you can change the levels of the floors and that leads to lower, higher, slanted, curved walls (and all kinds of other things).
Depending on what you want the lot to look like, there are different ways to use CFE to achieve different outcomes, eg.
To build a bridge, you lift floor tiles (which is grass/ground level) by clicking them until the bridge curves the way you want it to curve
For other effects, you put foundation on a lower (or higher) than ground level.
I think what is confusing is that the walls change - but the builder is actually changing floors, and the floors have to be on the same level (which is not the same as the same height. A foundation is 4 clicks high. If you put a square of foundation down, and a tile away (both on the ground) - the wall is higher than the foundation. But the top of the wall and the top of the foundation is the same floor. Which means you can lower that wall from the foundation, or make the foundation higher from the wall. But if you put another wall on top of the first wall, you need to put one on the foundation as well to get them to have the same floor level. Hope it makes sense, @AndrewGloria).
Lab Assistant
#11509 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 8:36 PM
Isn't it kinda funny how the terms "neighborhood" and "world" in the Sims 2 and Sims 4 would make more sense if they were switched around?

In TS2, neighborhoods are their own contained thing and your sims can't move from one neighborhood to another (excluding subhoods of course). That's their whole "world" they'll live in forever.
But in TS4, all the so-called worlds in your game are connectable and your sims can just go visit another world, so isn't it counterintuitive to call them that? Those are more like "neighborhoods".

That was my random thought of the day...
Theorist
#11510 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 10:10 PM
I always thought they should have stuck with calling the "worlds" in Sims 3 and 4 "neighbourhood" because that was always the "stroyline" implication for me, be it Sims 1, 2, 3, or 4. They live in a neighbourhood/suburb of Sim City and there's lots of other neighbourhoods and districts which we never see where they go to work and where the Townies and NPCs live.

Sims 1 and 2 even alluded to this; for example in Sims 1 the Pizza Delivery Guy would say something like "Wow I didn't even take an hour from Sim City to get here!" and in both games Sim City is mentioned in several chance cards and such.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#11511 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baticeer
Isn't it kinda funny how the terms "neighborhood" and "world" in the Sims 2 and Sims 4 would make more sense if they were switched around?

In TS2, neighborhoods are their own contained thing and your sims can't move from one neighborhood to another (excluding subhoods of course). That's their whole "world" they'll live in forever.
But in TS4, all the so-called worlds in your game are connectable and your sims can just go visit another world, so isn't it counterintuitive to call them that? Those are more like "neighborhoods".

That was my random thought of the day...

AAH good point !
But in the sims 3, we have City Town on each world so I better called them Cities instead of world.
Just because world is not a correct word to me, each sims 3 cities has got almost the same venues as every towns in real life.

I know why they call neighborhood the place the sims 2 live in just because they are all connected to the area Downtown and connected to the Island for vacations, Bluewater village, and to all Universities?

Lucie is not my real name, she was a sims from a story I imagined a dozen years ago.
I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
#11512 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 5:25 AM
Sometimes the logical use for a big space doesn't quite line up with the actual small amount of space needed in-game for that use... so you end up like me, trying to find a layout for a salon that uses the maximum possible space without looking like I'm trying to use the maximum possible space!

Forum Resident
#11513 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 10:17 PM
Playing sims 2 without music is so peaceful. Just like playing Zelda BOTW with music. Both are relaxing and I can organize things better too.
Page 461 of 461