Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2022 at 2:36 AM
Unknown custom content is breaking default eyes in sims
Some unknown mod/cc is making my game ignore the default eyes in my mods folder. Already tried to remove script modifications, only letting cas itens, but still doesn't work. I also tested only letting the cc eyes and the resource file and it worked (so the problem is not the cc, since I also did the same with other default eyes). And finally, I ran a mod to identify last exceptions, removed the outdated mods and still the same problem. It's probably some hair, which I recently installed, but I have no idea what it is among the 250+ items. What should I do?

P.S.: I'm currently using these default eyes
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oobleg45
Some unknown mod/cc is making my game ignore the default eyes in my mods folder. Already tried to remove script modifications, only letting cas itens, but still doesn't work. I also tested only letting the cc eyes and the resource file and it worked (so the problem is not the cc, since I also did the same with other default eyes). And finally, I ran a mod to identify last exceptions, removed the outdated mods and still the same problem. It's probably some hair, which I recently installed, but I have no idea what it is among the 250+ items. What should I do?

P.S.: I'm currently using these default eyes

Sorry to hear. I myself find the 50/50 method way too time consuming as it takes about 15 min already for the game to start up. I have way way waaay more cc. Granted I do sort my cc in categories so you might try that first. It's a hassle but once you're done you're set. You can tell what's what by the name of the cc usually. Also since I merge some cc bundles to save memory, I basically have an "unmerged" backup folder of ALL my cc. I've lost things in the past and said never again. And as a bonus whenever I download new cc, I copy it to the backups first to see if it'll overwrite anything and this way I can also avoid duplicates.

But on with the good stuff, I only just recently came across this post by Citysim https://modthesims.info/showthread....2&cb=1650372249
It has some less tedious methods i didn't know existed and am very grateful to the poster.
You also wanna grab this: https://modthesims.info/d/663086/si...eta-v1-0-7.html It won't help you find broken cc yet (it's still in development), but it can help you organize your cc folder much quicker than my method.
But before deleting cc it's imperative to have a backup in case anything goes wrong as I mentioned before. Hope this all helps.