Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 1273 times.
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2022 at 1:44 PM
I am back to playing The Sims 3
Okay, so I have been out of the Sims for a while because I couldn't get the Sims 3 to work with my new Windows 10 PC that I built in 2020.

I tried playing The Sims 4 but it just felt so empty compared to the Sims 3 and the life phase didn't really feel that different from each other so there was no sense of progress. Maybe the Sims 4 gets better with the expansion packs, but I don;t have the money to buy all of those.

I finally figured out how to get the Sims 3 working on Windows 10 so now I am back to playing it and I have to say it feels like a breath of fresh air, it is also nice to be playing it on a PC where loading my game doesn't take 45 minutes, I am not joking that is how long it use to take on my old PC not it is done in about thirty seconds.

For what may be the first time ever I am playing the game completely straight, no cheat codes, no trying to wreck my sims' lives, and only using mods that fix game bugs and offer quality of life improvements and I have to say I am having a lot of fun and it is very rewarding to play this way.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 9:09 PM
Welcome back, the sims 3 is the best sims game ever made.

Lucie is not my real name, she was a sims from a story I imagined a dozen years ago.
I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Scholar
#3 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 9:28 PM
You fill me with apprehension: so there are problems getting Sims 3 working with Windows 10? And here's me with a laptop that is in it's dotage, still running Windows 7, and looking for a suitable replacement, which if I want something with an SSD (so my saves won't take forever to load) will probably be running Windows 10. Transferring everything over to a new machine will be difficult enough. Not looking forward to it

But anyway, glad you're back.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 10:10 PM
Welcome back, OP!
@Elynda, I never had problems getting Sims3 to run with Windows 10. It's not everyone's experience.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 10:19 PM Last edited by Wojtek : 20th Jun 2022 at 10:36 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 310175
I never had problems getting Sims3 to run with Windows 10.
Neither have I

If I lived on Mars, I would be pleased because the Earth is not my cup of tea
Forum Resident
#6 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 11:33 AM
I wish I could still run Win 7, I loved it. I loathe Windows 10, but like the others, I haven't had any issue getting Sims 3 to run on it, so I wouldn't worry @Elynda
Besides, even if you did, there are no doubt lots of people here to help you troubleshoot it.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 2:43 PM
I haven't had any issues with Windows 10 and sims either. Just issues with windows 10, I liked 7 just fine. 10 irritates me along wit the daily "Hey update to Windows 11".....ummm no.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 8:04 PM
Welcome back to the best Sims iteration, hope you enjoy your stay! :D
Forum Resident
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 8:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elynda
You fill me with apprehension: so there are problems getting Sims 3 working with Windows 10? And here's me with a laptop that is in it's dotage, still running Windows 7, and looking for a suitable replacement, which if I want something with an SSD (so my saves won't take forever to load) will probably be running Windows 10. Transferring everything over to a new machine will be difficult enough. Not looking forward to it

But anyway, glad you're back.

I never had this too, and I do not have a SSD and my computer starts to be old now. Troubles come mostly from hardware, this is never enough for that game;

Lucie is not my real name, she was a sims from a story I imagined a dozen years ago.
I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 3:33 PM
My brother got me into it and I feel like I'm in the kiddie pool when it comes to Sims content right now LOL there's so much that I don't know where to start ;3;

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️