Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 6:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom Star Showing Up On Default Eye Color Selection
To elaborate the issue I'm having on the title, I installed some default eyes. I knew I wouldn't remove them, at the time, but then I noticed that some sims that had the default eyes just looked glitched out in special cutscenes like their first woohoo, etc. I then decided to uninstall it. However, ever since I removed the eyes, the game will still show the custom content star and I am not sure how to remove this particular icon.

(Excuse the black box. I was hiding my cc eyes to showcase the default eye color choosing. The black eye color is for aliens, btw.)

Just to uncomplicate things, I did go ahead and put back the default eyes anyways because they were just way too beautiful but - like I said - I am just a bit bothered by the custom star icon showing up. Any idea how to fix this?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 10:56 PM
Probably just the thumbnails need updating, try right ctl click or delete the thumbnails.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Probably just the thumbnails need updating, try right ctl click or delete the thumbnails.

Would this also work in game? I know my screenshot shows body shop but it also happens when I'm in the CAS as well.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 12:49 AM
Try deleting the "Cigen.package" file in your The Sims 2 folder (in Documents). It has the Bodyshop thumbnails.

If they still have the custom star in CAS, are you sure you've removed the piece of CC? My guess is that this was some kind of mod, and not a clean texture default. Possibly that you've got another file that's also modifying the eyes.

Do you use default replacement eyes now?
-If no, are the eyes back to looking like EAxis eyes?
-If yes, do they look like the default replacements they're supposed to look like, and also, which replacement eyes are you using? Could take a look and see if there's something unusual in the files.

-Do you use a mod that unlocks the alien eyes? (I see you've got the black alien eyes showing). Unlocking files and similar mods can sometimes cause the custom star to appear. If you use any such mods, which ones (related to eyes)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Try deleting the "Cigen.package" file in your The Sims 2 folder (in Documents). It has the Bodyshop thumbnails.

If they still have the custom star in CAS, are you sure you've removed the piece of CC? My guess is that this was some kind of mod, and not a clean texture default. Possibly that you've got another file that's also modifying the eyes.

Do you use default replacement eyes now?
-If no, are the eyes back to looking like EAxis eyes?
-If yes, do they look like the default replacements they're supposed to look like, and also, which replacement eyes are you using? Could take a look and see if there's something unusual in the files.

-Do you use a mod that unlocks the alien eyes? (I see you've got the black alien eyes showing). Unlocking files and similar mods can sometimes cause the custom star to appear. If you use any such mods, which ones (related to eyes)?

Okay, so I deleted the actual file and the cigen.package and it didn't do anything. This was a screenshot taken in-game in CAS after I deleted the default eyes and the cigen.package.

The only other possible culprit might be a mod that helps with genetics. I'll try deleting that and will update this reply to see if deleting that with the cigen (again) will work.

Update: It sadly did not work.

It's not a huge deal breaker for me, but it's one of those things where it bugs me a bit. If anyone needed to know what custom defaults I used, it was Nouk's Gem Default Eyes with Anva's Sclera. Then for the mod that deals with genetics and (inadvertently) unlocked alien eyes was Evie's Equal Genetics
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 8:27 PM
The default file only has textures, so it's unlikely that one was the cause. Much more likely with the genetics mod if you had it for all the eyes. It modifies the texture overlay files, which is one of the things that can cause the star to appear.

The cigen file only has to do with Bodyshop. Ingame there's the Thumbnail files (don't delete these unless you have to - the game spends a lot of resources regenerating them. You can usually regenerate them one by one with "Ctrl + R-click".

(...Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 (UC)\Thumbnails)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The default file only has textures, so it's unlikely that one was the cause. Much more likely with the genetics mod if you had it for all the eyes. It modifies the texture overlay files, which is one of the things that can cause the star to appear.

The cigen file only has to do with Bodyshop. Ingame there's the Thumbnail files (don't delete these unless you have to - the game spends a lot of resources regenerating them. You can usually regenerate them one by one with "Ctrl + R-click".

(...Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 (UC)\Thumbnails)

Goodness, this all sounds complicated. I almost very nearly regret having downloaded that mod, but the mod was exactly what I was looking for since I was planning to play several generations of sims. I suppose I'd have to test out removing the mods and then regenerating the thumbnails. I'd assume it would be the CAS thumbnails?