Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 1:38 AM Last edited by kaitco : 1st Aug 2022 at 6:36 PM. Reason: Solved!
Default Technical character file exports?
In SimPe, there's an option under Tools >> Neighborhoods >> Export Neighborhoods that provides a ton of information about sims in that selected neighborhood and virtually anything one could want to know. That said, it does not appear this export provides the names or reference to individual sim character files.

Under the option Tools >> Neighborhoods >> Sim Browser, however, I can see further technical details about sims, such as their Instance, GUID, and Filenames.

Example: I've got a sim called Abbey West and the only "technical" information provided about her through the Export Neighborhoods is an "NID", a Family Instance, and a House Number.

If I pull the same sim up in Sim Browser, however, I can see her Instance, GUID, and character Filename.

So, is there a way to export the details found through Sim Browser? Or, is there data that comes on the Neighborhood export that connects back to a sim's individual character filename? If neither of these options are possible, are there other tools available that might be able to pull that data?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 8:42 AM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 9:19 AM
It looks like you maybe haven't used the right settings to import the file into your spreadsheet. This is what I see in mine:

These are the import settings I use (Open Office):

[/spoiler]
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
Try https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...odExporter.html

I get an error when I try to run that mod. I've downloaded multiple times, and I've pointed it to my objects file per the directions, but I still receive an error message each time to starts to export: Reason: Index was outside the bounds of the array. I've even gone to the tool's github trying to figure out if anyone else is finding that error message, but I've not been able to figure out what's going wrong.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It looks like you maybe haven't used the right settings to import the file into your spreadsheet. This is what I see in mine:

I've used that Export option and it includes a lot of useful data, except for the character file names. The only difference between what I show in my first image is that for brevity's sake, I transposed column data to rows to see the data a little better in the screenshot.

In my export (and yours), the NID column doesn't refer back to the character files, and I've gone through every other column multiple times. Virtually everything about the sims in the hood is included, except for anything that references in the character file name. Referring back to the sim in my post, Abbey West's NID is 341, but her character file is N001_User00200.

I've gone up and down that Export Neighborhood file and there is nothing that connects a sim name, NID, or anything else to their character file or even the referenced number of their character file.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaitco
I get an error when I try to run that mod. I've downloaded multiple times, and I've pointed it to my objects file per the directions, but I still receive an error message each time to starts to export: Reason: Index was outside the bounds of the array. I've even gone to the tool's github trying to figure out if anyone else is finding that error message, but I've not been able to figure out what's going wrong.

@whoward69 Maybe you can advise on that?

Quote: Originally posted by kaitco
In my export (and yours), the NID column doesn't refer back to the character files, and I've gone through every other column multiple times. Virtually everything about the sims in the hood is included, except for anything that references in the character file name. Referring back to the sim in my post, Abbey West's NID is 341, but her character file is N001_User00200.

Oh, I see what you are getting at- yes the export function in SimPE was originally setup to export data for a program developer to their specification, so maybe the character file details weren't needed for that. Perhaps you can give whoward some more details of what you did when you got the error installing the HoodExport tool, and they can help you to get that working. That's a currently supported mod, whereas the main developers of SimPE are no longer supporting it, and the person who recently updated it is not around much.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 6:38 PM
Just in case anyone else was seeking this same sort of data, whoward69's debug version of the Hood Exporter worked well for me! Cheers!