Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 8:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default "Slot number out of range" Error
Hi All,

I recently started having this error every time I try to serve on a large (8-sim) dining table. I tried switching up the tables to see if this caused the issue but none of it works.

Is someone familiar with this error and help to say what may causes it? I tried to run the log with "WhatCausedThis" but no luck. I do have a lot of CC and I am scared if I try the 50:50 method my game/ save will break.

Thanks in advance!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N004_t48223.txt (167.5 KB, 8 downloads)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 11:00 PM
When you do a 50/50 you don't do that on your 'actual game' You make a full backup and do your testing in there. It doesn't matter if that breaks because you can toss it away.

Check and see if you have this mod https://modthesims.info/d/218039/si...for-tables.html and remove it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 11:37 PM
Hi joandsarah77, thanks so much for replying. It's not that mod (I didn't have it). I guess I was delaying the painful 50/50 since I have tons of CC.

Good news is I tried the 50/50 method and after hours of testing I found the culprit and it's Shino&KCR 3t2 shelf by dustycorners. It's such a shame such a pretty shelf can cause so much pain. But at least hopefully this can help someone else having this issue.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by toxicboy
Hi joandsarah77, thanks so much for replying. It's not that mod (I didn't have it). I guess I was delaying the painful 50/50 since I have tons of CC.

Good news is I tried the 50/50 method and after hours of testing I found the culprit and it's Shino&KCR 3t2 shelf by dustycorners. It's such a shame such a pretty shelf can cause so much pain. But at least hopefully this can help someone else having this issue.

How random and odd. You should let the creator know.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 2:35 AM
Sorry for the double post but I need it for this ping to work.

@toxicboy I am showing this to one of my modding friends because we find this fascinating. Was this shelf near to the dining table?

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 8:56 AM
I messaged them but not sure if they're still active.

Well, technically the shelf was in another room in the same lot (I had 2 of them). But what I found odd was that this shelf had 24 slots (which at first I did not realize and used OMSPs). After I tried to put anything on the shelf on the normal slots every time it gives an error in buy mode as well (I have the testingcheats cheat enabled).

In live mode the error occurs every time my sim was serving food on a dining table. Not sure how this is related.

I hope this helps!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toxicboy
I messaged them but not sure if they're still active.

Well, technically the shelf was in another room in the same lot (I had 2 of them). But what I found odd was that this shelf had 24 slots (which at first I did not realize and used OMSPs). After I tried to put anything on the shelf on the normal slots every time it gives an error in buy mode as well (I have the testingcheats cheat enabled).

In live mode the error occurs every time my sim was serving food on a dining table. Not sure how this is related.

I hope this helps!

Thanks, I am passing this info along to her.

~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 1:16 AM
Ok I fixed it. There were object functions left in place for a table, that really didn't apply any more. And a slot file id number that was the wrong file number. The object functions created the serving food problem. The slot file id number caused the slot number problem. https://simfileshare.net/filedetails/3344139/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 1:24 AM
@toxicboy

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 9:18 AM
@gdayars thank you so much!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 2:39 PM
Hey! I was going to fix that mesh today, lol. Thanks for saving me the work!