Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 4:56 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default ts2 super edition. buy/build mode cc showing, CaS cc not?
okay, so all custom content for build/buy mode that are in my downloads folder are working perfectly in the game, but none of the create a sim stuff is appearing in-game. i made sure cc is enabled in game. is there somewhere else CaS stuff needs to be located? note: i have body shop and package installer as well, i have no clue how to get them to work, though. have launched, my cc isn't in there either.
i have my cc downloaded (in sub-folders) at: (~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads)
anyone have any idea what i can do here?
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amandaxtommo
okay, so all custom content for build/buy mode that are in my downloads folder are working perfectly in the game, but none of the create a sim stuff is appearing in-game. i made sure cc is enabled in game. is there somewhere else CaS stuff needs to be located? note: i have body shop and package installer as well, i have no clue how to get them to work, though. have launched, my cc isn't in there either.
i have my cc downloaded (in sub-folders) at: (~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads)
anyone have any idea what i can do here?

Trying throwing the CC in ~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/SavedSims (if it exists). That might make them the game see them. I sometimes have the same problem with meshes and chuck them in the SaveSims folder.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 2:12 AM
Put mesh files in Downloads, though.

If Bodyshop works fine, one thing you can try is to regenerate the SavedSims and Downloads folders by running Bodyshop. Move out your old folders first (don't delete!), run Bodyshop, and see if it regenerates the folders. If not, make a random project and/or sim, just to check if the folders are working fine (you can delete the random files it created later).

Bodyshop-generated folders occasionally work better than if you made the folders, or if the folders were auto-generated.