Replies: 1478 (Who?), Viewed: 136702 times.
Page 60 of 60
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#1476 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 9:39 PM
I love the graphics on the grass and plants, but not so keen on the paras themselves. It seems to be in fashion to have outlined characters that look as though they were cut out and superimposed on the scene... is this something that most people like, and I'm the odd one out? Or do others feel the same?

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Advertisement
Alchemist
#1477 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 12:22 AM Last edited by daisylee : 23rd Sep 2022 at 1:57 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
I love the graphics on the grass and plants, but not so keen on the paras themselves. It seems to be in fashion to have outlined characters that look as though they were cut out and superimposed on the scene... is this something that most people like, and I'm the odd one out? Or do others feel the same?

I have posted that many times. There is a total disconnect between the Para and the environment IMO and unless the Para are brought to the same level/style as the rest, this game is an easy pass for me.
Lab Assistant
#1478 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 7:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
I have posted that many times. There is a total disconnect between the Para and the environment IMO and unless the Para are brought to the same level/style as the rest, this game is an easy pass for me.

I personally don't mind the near Cel Shading 'pop' to the characters - I think it adds to the charm and adds more focus on the characters themselves as opposed to having them blend into the background. I'm sure they'll be a mod to remove it somewhere down the line - if not even by the devs themselves - when the game reaches further development. I'm definitely keeping my eye on Paralives. I feel like a lot of us are punishing ourselves with the Sims 4 at this point because there aren't any modern alternatives.

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.
Mad Poster
#1479 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 2:09 PM
It's not the art style I would have gone with, but I don't have an issue with it either. If anything, I like the charm it adds to the game. The game's overall style kinda reminds me of like....Life is Strange meets the Walking Dead games.

The Receptacle still lives!
Page 60 of 60