Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2022 at 10:21 PM
Default The Sims™ 3 - Starts Too Slow and Loading Slow!
Hello!

When everytime I started my game, it takes 30 seconds to see the window and when it's appears the window, takes another 3 to 5 minutes to start and load slower. When i quit my game and i start my game it takes 5 to 10 seconds to start and load faster. There's a fix available to make my game load faster? This might caused by Windows itself and not by other programs.

For other games: The Sims™ 2 takes about 20 to 30 seconds to start and loading slower. starting again loads only 10 seconds and loading faster and The Sims™ 4 taking about 1 minute to start and loading slower. Starting once again, loads 50 to 1 minutes and loading faster.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2022 at 9:58 PM
Default Save Also Loads Slow! Not Memorys or Something Else!
Also, loading saves slows (Only applys to my Low-End PC from 2013), from my Neighborhood (TV Mãos Neighborhood takes 13 minutes to load, so maybe TravelDB.package and other things makes slower, another thing is loading a empty world takes only 20 seconds, so i know that the saves takes so much longer due to Objects, Lots, Decorations loading from the saves, from another neighborhoods and citys takes maybe... AH! 10 Minutes or less, so maybe this is my old computer loading a slow save from the executable TS3W.exe, so maybe getting A Very Faster Ultra Mega Power Gaming PC loads much faster, like 15 seconds!

Tips from the performance doesn't fix due to my slow computer, tired using Smooth Patch from the Lazy Duchess, Cleaning DCBackup (Not ccmerged.package, i know this Store CC Content!), and moreee moreeeee tips, NO FIX!

I will watch more videos from the performance on The Sims 3 to fix that and also searching from the (Olddd Internet from 1990s, NO THE SIMS IN 1990!)

Also using 1000 TPS which is Maximum from the Smooth Patch and no fix (Bad 1000 TPS!, you not respond), i using 10000 TPS (No, this errorsely uses Too Much CPU) and seeing that di... already did improve performance, But No Save Time Fast!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 10:14 PM Last edited by David Manaia : 1st Apr 2022 at 6:51 PM.
Default Posted Device Configuration of My Computer!
I posted the DeviceConfig.log:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zC...iew?usp=sharing

Sorry, posting on Google Drive since Mod The Sims Upload doesn't recognize the Game Type!

Note: I'm using a Windows 11 and version is 22000, not Windows 8 and version is 9200 since i know that the game recognize invalidly the Operating System! And also sorry for posting all information of the DeviceConfig.log!

Also i don't have "NRaas_ErrorTrap_Tuning_DisableDereferencing" since i don't use this Tuning.

Update 1: I did update the DeviceConfig.log because of adjusting the Virtual Memory on my computer.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Apr 2022 at 7:07 PM
Default About the Performance on My Game, Inculding the Saves!
My performance of my game was not bad in terms of the lag and Virtual Memory on My Computer, so, here's a information about the performance of my game.

For Starting My Game: Takes 3-5 minutes to start the game's executable since this game is only one that start's like this.
For Startup Loading Screen: Takes about 1 minute in order to load.
For Loading Saves: Takes usually 10+ minutes to load them, i don't know the save time. For TV Mãos Neighborhood, my custom neighborhood takes about 20+ minutes to load, as my neighborhood load more for unknown reasons!

And the performance about gameplay on my saves:
For My Newer Saves: The performance uses only 25-30 FPS, droping sometimes, also drops more when i go to a lot and slows more fps because of loading the textures as well as objects and decorations, after that, my game goes back to normal FPS.
For My TV Mãos Neighborhood Save: The performance decreases more often between 10-20 FPS, also loading a lot is the same but decreased FPS a bit, after that, my game goes back to normal FPS.

So, for my results is 3/4 by 65% of my performance, that's not too slow except for TV Mãos Neighborhood.

About the RAM Upgrade, i cannot upgrade right now, due to RAM not slowing a bit, as well as my computer, and inculding the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2022 at 9:20 PM Last edited by David Manaia : 3rd Apr 2022 at 2:06 AM.
Default Continuation of the Performance and a Video About my Performance!
Continuing, i Recorded a Video which i will uploading tomorrow (Sorry, guys, my video was corrupted after i recorded using the Screen Recorder, so there's no video to uploading tomorrow, i will continuing provending my information of the perfomance of my game) to see what is my performance of The Sims™ 3, one of column things is the performance of the record uses 10-5 FPS for the gameplay, so sorry for that.

It shows opening TS3W.exe, when starting the game, i will open the DeviceConfig.log, Options.ini and Version.tag, then i will show All the Screenshots, then my game starts instaliy because of (No Intro Mod Installed) and then login with my account on thesims3.com (Don't stolen my password, Never do That!) and finally going to my save TV Mãos Neighborhood and loading the screen, i will show random things for now, after 15 minutes, my Neighborhood will finally load, and starting playing (You Notice, You Know The Thumbnails Loading Slower, Textures Of The Lots Becoming Dirty Light Yellow (255,255,200) because of Cleaning the Save File Using "RegulSaveCleaner" i already fixed the Dirty Light Yellow Texture On The Lots, but in a later part of the video, then finally on 3:34:00, i will click on Edit Town and then changing the Lot type of the "Big Show Venue" to Visitors Allowed type, but, however, the game did become stuck on "Loading..." after i clicked on Edit Town!

Note: My Windows 11 Language is Portuguese (Portugal) and The Sims™ 3 is Portuguese (Brazil) since i'm from Portuguese (Portugal)

About Again The Performance: So, the performance, as you already know because of Virtual Memory is now 8126 which is Maximum and 3305? (I Don't Know The Number, So I Putted A Question Mark) which is the Minimum and Recommend, the performance on the video is 10-5 FPS, but the correct performance is 30-15 FPS because of the Lots, Getting Out Of The Lots And All Things In The World

Also, there's a fix available? To stop on stucking the Edit Town " Loading..." Screen, and Yesterday, i tired to save, but, the same thing happens, Stucking! Because of CurrentGame.sims3 folder did not updating the files inside of it!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 4:55 AM
I know you don't want to hear this, but in the interest of offering a second opinion in case it helps at all -- I'm afraid that our friend nitromon is correct. You do not have enough system resources (RAM) to go where you are trying to go with this game. A total of 4 GB was a thing back when Win XP (maybe Vista?) was a supported operating system. Win 10 (or 11) is going to want over half of what you have just to run itself minimally and then you have to subtract another 500 MB from what's left to account for the integrated graphics.

TS3 is not stable when virtual memory (paging) is required for it to run, never has been I'm afraid. You are only going to be trading a never ending supply of performance issues popping up continuously like whack-a-mole no matter what you try to do with the game on this system unless maybe you restrict yourself to base game only, very few world residents, and low graphics settings across the board, but doesn't sound like it would be much fun to play that way. TS3 is a balancing act for resources vs. what we can add to the game on any system no matter how good it is, but your starting point there is not really where you need it to be.

Of course I understand that not everyone can afford to go buy a new computer whenever they feel like it, I certainly can't. But assuming a new system is out of reach, can you explain again why it is not possible at this time to add more RAM?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 3:27 PM
Default Explaining Again Why i Won't Upgrade the RAM and More Information about Performance!
I'll explain again why I'm not going to update the RAM:
1. When will I upgrade the RAM? Not because as I am 14 years old I can't upgrade the RAM because of the years I have.
2. In order not to have any problems with the RAM, I will not upgrade, as soon as I am 18-25 years old, I can upgrade the RAM.
3. So the game is still performing slowly due to RAM, and the other PC components... I think it's the PC components.
4. So on, so I'm not talking too much about RAM, I'll try to increase game performance by using: Very Extra Advanced Tools, Lots of Extra Advanced Stuff, and All That To Increase Game Performance!

Enough of me talking so much about the game's RAM, OK?

Instead, when I launched the game and started playing in the gameplay, I only gained so much RAM, for example 70-75% of RAM, but now I use third-party programs as I use a lot more to go down memory each time by 1 second (Due to Adjust Program Memory Settings) is MemReduct (It is a program that lowers the memory by clicking a simple button "Clear memory"), because of that, my game doesn't increase the performance much, but I think it's about half of 40-50% (20-30 FPS), but when I have a Very Gaming, Fast, Ultra, Mega Very Fast PC for I know... I think, about 18 years old, I'll try to play this game and I'll see how my performance is... I think it's 100%! But as I play other games in the Sims series, I will therefore continue to play with big adjustments, see how the performance stays, OK?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 9:29 PM Last edited by igazor : 3rd Apr 2022 at 10:42 PM.
Try to see it from our point of view, if you could. You have come to a forum where there are players with on average decades of experience dealing with computer users and their issues (yeah, some of us are actually old enough to have been doing this since the 1980s or early 90s). We see a limitation that is causing the problem with the game, so we say so thinking that we are being helpful. It's why we are all here, after all. No one is berating or insulting you for doing the best that you can with the system you have at hand. Of course you can continue as you are and it's OK, it's your game and your laptop, but honestly I would rather be playing TS2 on that one. There probably isn't much advice others can offer here when running Win 11 on 4 GB (with a hack to run it on that processor?) and we were only trying to save you some future continued frustrations.

Sorry, but the advice doesn't change even if we keep quiet about it. RAM upgrades should not be that jarring even on an older laptop (if the motherboard can take it) and they shouldn't be all that expensive. Can you at least take it to a repair shop or have someone look at it for you if you don't wish to do this yourself and get an estimate?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Apr 2022 at 10:28 PM
Default RAM Squezzing
RAM Squezzing using the Task Manager:
So, i actually, i will squezzing the RAM by using Task Manager to terminate some process i no longer needed, so here's the process i will terminate:
Web Browsers: I actually using Google Chrome all the time, because of reading all information about The Sims (Since i'm a Veryest Giantest Fanest of The Sims!) and other things i will do in this Web Browser, i close the browser, everytime i will start a game, i will pressing the Close button on top-right corner before i start a game.
Antivirus: I disabled the Windows Defender to not get the process "Antimalware Service Executable" all the time, so, i don't use a antivirus, i actually using the "IOBit Advanced SystemCare" but i use this antivirus less not much, i only use it for cleaning up my computer and some another care things.

So, that's i fully squezzing the RAM All The Time! OK?

Information about no much using MemReduct, except for The Sims 4 to continuing using the MemReduct:
And i don't use anymore the MemReduct for The Sims 1, TS2, TS3 and TSM since The Sims 3 uses, maybe 1.5 GB of Memory... Maybe? I will still using the MemReduct for The Sims 4 because my game reached about 2.1 GB of Memory and about 97%-98% using of the Memory, so, i will continuing using this program because to make sure that it doesn't slow my computer and The Sims 4 becoming on a Simulation Lag.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 1:04 PM
Default More Performance Improvements
Hello!

This game did got performance improvements!

Firstly is i no longer using MemReduct for this games TS1, TS2, TS3 and TSM which makes this games a better performance boost! I will continuing using MemReduct for TS4, because of high memory usage and Simulation Lag on this game.

I did test TS3 and i did got a performance boost for my neighborhood (TV Mãos Neighborhood) around 30-43 FPS, but is still slowing down a bit on some lots (No Longer Using 8 Lots Loading, Now Is 1 Lot Loading) when it loads like 21-23 FPS... I think is the correct value? For another neighborhoods, i didn't test this value without MemReduct right now.

I didn't test for Other Sims Games because i didn't play them without MemReduct.

So, right now, my game as i using Smooth Patch, i did using TPS 1000 which is maximum for any Low-End PC Computer, if i will put 2000 TPS and more, then if i will start the game for first time, i can play without any errors, if i started for second time, then this is the bigger problem, my game starts getting audio stuffing and the computer slow too much down! Needed to do a Hard Reset because of this, there no more ways i can close it, but, always, so i will continuing increase this performance, but sometimes is slowing because of the loading lots, by updating mods to up to date, and other things that the performance increases. But, i think i continuing doing this performance increase and let's see in a later time to provide more information about the performance of this game.

Thank you for viewing this information!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 2:21 PM
Default DxDiag in Order to Identify More Problems with My Game
Here's a DxDiag for my computer, if you want to identify problems with my game.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  DxDiag.zip (16.7 KB, 18 downloads)
Description: My DxDiag to View all the Information about my Computer.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 3:59 PM
Default I'll Talk About Performance Information in My Game
Hello!

Before talking about the performance of my game, I was playing in my city TV Mãos Neighborhood since 09/15/2021 around 16:00, I think... Since then the city was empty, I was only on Very Early Stage, OK? There were passed out Sims in Big Park, because it was, my first lot to be built. as there were passed out Sims, I asked questions and answers, but a lot of people answered, OK?

Since my city was still in development, the city now has lots, still in Version 4.0, I will complete this later, and then one day, I had the game there for around 30 FPS-42 FPS, but that's it, the game had problems since then until today, but therefore, I'm going to talk too much information about the game's performance, now!

When I was playing my cities on game save the Computer Memory performance was like this since I don't use MemReduct, I was having game issues, since using MemReduct the game was 12-15 FPS, because that's why The Great Mansion, used a lot, with for example Fainted Decorations, 50 Sims in the Big Family and everything else, made the performance completely slow on a residential lot, but since I didn't use the MemReduct, my game was performing fast, for about 30-42 FPS, but this caused the Task Manager to show 98% Memory, but after a few minutes, it goes to 75% Memory, when I think it was this number since the Math of Numbers in the Old Times, I didn't think it was good, but a little bad, since I shut up in the game, but there were faint problems, like crashing when I put a lot in the World Editor, Not Create a World Tool, OK? in Edit Town, getting stuck on "Saving..." when I click the "Save" button and that's all I had in my city, OK? But I can perfectly play with a little bit of lag and something like that, because when I increase the TPS of the Smooth Patch of Lazy Duchess, it will increase the CPU, because it is from this mod that increases the game's logic, to increase the speed of the CAS (Create a Sim), Buy Mode and Build Mode, CAST (Create a Style) and that's it all will increase this game performance, except for the Loading Screen and Live Mode, but I think it will increase the Loading Screen and Live Mode, I guess, because I don't know if it's going to do that or something, OK? But soon the performance of this one is fast and Much Faster if you have the Smooth Patch of Lazy Duchess why, that will help you to increase the game performance and increase it more if you have the Higher TPS, because that is Very High! But so on and the information I have is and faint information since I write very rare things, but until then, the game is a little bad, BUT WITH THE MODS, AND EVEN HIGHLY TOO MUCH!!! But then since the information from the Great Triple Wealth, that's how I have this information and this information will expand completely, until I have no more words about the performance to describe it.

Thanks for viewing this information too much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 6:26 PM
Default Fixed Some Issues!
Hello!

MemReduct Resolved Problems:
Just to what that i will using MemReduct again from TS3 because of High Using of Memory, when i was saving on yesterday, my game didn't save for like... 15 minutes, there i just started MemReduct and the problem was gone, waiting more 15 minutes to completing the save, i was getting a ScriptError causing by NRaas Errortrap and was on Saving... after using MemReduct after 3 minutes. There my game was started seeing some changes to CurrentGame.sims3 located in C:\Users\[Your Username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\CurrentGame.sims3, i did using Save As because to make sure my save was healthy and named "TV Mãos Neighborhood1" and i did save a new clean save to TV Mãos Neighborhood1.sims3 on Saves folder (I put "1" because to have a new clean save, since i already have a save, just to not overwrite the same folder, i keep saving, right?) and i didn't test the crashing on placing a new lot on World Editor in Edit Town, not Create a World Tool! I will test it today and i will update the information where is working or not, OK?

PC Information:
I only have 4 (4096) GB of Memory, i will upgrade my memory to 32 GB, since my Dell OptiPlex 7010 from 2013 which originally runs Windows 8 Pro, and did upgrade to Windows 10, it was purchase on 2021, i did using and doing a upgrade to Windows 11 Pro which i'm currently using right now! And my PC Tower only supports 2 Slots to Upgrade my memory, only one was placed and uses 4096 of memory, i will purchase 2x16 GB of memory and i will upgrade and i will having 32 GB of memory since Dell OptiPlex 7010 will support a maximum of 32 GB of memory and the disk i using is a HDD Disk with 500 GB of space, still on File Explorer identilys on C: for about 464 (498 707 222 598 bytes) GB of space and i will upgrade to 2 TB SSD disk, i might work, but it will work.

It's all things i have talked, so i will MemReduct to make my TS3 functional once again, but with MemReduct it will lag a bit of the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Apr 2022 at 1:06 PM
Default Looks Like i Still Have One Issue!
Yes, it's the crashing issue with the game:

Crashing on Placing a Empty Lot on World Editor in Edit Town, not Create a World Tool!

I just seeing this problem 4 times, and it doesn't go disappear, on Crash Log Analyzer, still the same error, Custom Content, i don't sure it's the CC i have, but yes, it might be something happening with my CC, but here's a Crash Log from Sims 3 and My CC, so you can identify this problem, because i want to be fixed right now!

Link in Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J6...iew?usp=sharing
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st Apr 2022 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by David Manaia
Yes, it's the crashing issue with the game:

Crashing on Placing a Empty Lot on World Editor in Edit Town, not Create a World Tool!

I just seeing this problem 4 times, and it doesn't go disappear, on Crash Log Analyzer, still the same error, Custom Content, i don't sure it's the CC i have, but yes, it might be something happening with my CC, but here's a Crash Log from Sims 3 and My CC, so you can identify this problem, because i want to be fixed right now!

Link in Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J6...iew?usp=sharing

Try running your game without CC and see if the crashing still occurs. If the crashing goes away, then you’ll know for sure it has something to do with CC you’ve installed. After that, try using the 50/50 method to narrow down what CC file is causing the issue. Here’s a link to a tutorial for the method: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...he_50.25_Method
Instructor
#21 Old 21st Apr 2022 at 4:56 AM
It is because you don't have enough Ram......as many highly experienced players have said, that also happen to be programmers or computer tech's. You cannot turn off Windows using or needing most of the ram you have, no matter how much you try to "squeeze" it. It doesn't work that way. You have 4gb, that is not enough to run Windows 11 and TS3. The crash log analyzer almost always blames CC, it really doesn't tell anyone anything other than your game crashed. You most likely will not be able to run the game for long without CC and even less time with CC with only 4gb of ram. There is no fixing that other than getting more ram. You have already had this explained by multiple people, people who have played this game for over 10 years, and people like Nitromon and Igazor who are computer people IRL. YOU NEED MORE RAM. And if your computer has integrated graphics and not an actual graphic card that is probably also a minor issue.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 21st Apr 2022 at 6:35 PM Last edited by igazor : 21st Apr 2022 at 7:00 PM.
Running anything on a hard drive that is 96% full can't be helping with overall stability either. But we didn't know that was happening right away, until the first dxdiag showed up.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 21st Apr 2022 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Is it me or is that "crash report" 1.4GB zip file?

The OP uploaded their entire Mods folder and its contents along with the crash report.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th Apr 2022 at 6:36 PM
Default Log Analyzer Says All the Time Custom Content (CC)
Just saying that, i doing the 50/50 old method to removing CC and test and it still crashes, i put the mods that doesn't crash, also it doesn't happen to my neighborhoods, it happen to a mod that it might modify the LotManager to place empty lots, OK? On AwesomeMod when i startup my game, it says all the time "WARNING: Some mod might modify incorrect values or bad things", so yes looks like some mod might crash my game when placing a empty lot, just knowing that i have over 724 files and 24 folders, OK? I having tired to fix it a lot of times, and yes, just saying that i cannot go ahead and i cannot place empty lots .
Page 1 of 2