Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 8:19 PM
Default If you've been having trouble with PlasticBox's mods...
Some of PlasticBox's mods that have been in my mods folder since 2016 have suddenly stopped working to the point that the game won't even load.
Some players say the issue is the recent Weddings fix. I poked around in one of his mods using Sims4Studio, and the problem is that there's no function flag set.
See my note about it here https://sims4studio.com/thread/2783...scrollTo=174678
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 6:49 AM
Default Which Mods?
Quote: Originally posted by xordevoreaux
Some of PlasticBox's mods that have been in my mods folder since 2016 have suddenly stopped working to the point that the game won't even load.
Some players say the issue is the recent Weddings fix. I poked around in one of his mods using Sims4Studio, and the problem is that there's no function flag set.
See my note about it here https://sims4studio.com/thread/2783...scrollTo=174678

Can you confirm which of the problematic PlasticBox mods you have identified that lack the "function" flag? it seems a simple thing to fix if one knows which mods require it.

(Also the sims4studio forum thread is coming up permission blocked.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 9:12 PM
What prevented my game from loading is pbox_tub-backless-doubledelight.package and yes it was just a matter of checking the "shower" function flag.
Test Subject
#4 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 9:31 PM
Default The rest...
What prevented my game from loading is pbox_tub-backless-doubledelight.package and yes it was just a matter of checking the "shower" function flag.

I wonder if the issues with "pbox_window-double-hung_rolled-glass_medium" and the other broken Plasticbox CC are so simple to fix.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Apr 2022 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaeton99
I wonder if the issues with "pbox_window-double-hung_rolled-glass_medium" and the other broken Plasticbox CC are so simple to fix.

I haven't checked to see, but of the dozen or so mods of PB's that I have, the one I cited was the only one preventing my game from loading.
He produced a ton of mods over time so the likelihood that the one I have is a unique situation I'm guessing is low.
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Apr 2022 at 4:24 AM Last edited by Phaeton99 : 16th Apr 2022 at 5:05 AM.
Default Tested and confirmed
I haven't checked to see, but of the dozen or so mods of PB's that I have, the one I cited was the only one preventing my game from loading.
He produced a ton of mods over time so the likelihood that the one I have is a unique situation I'm guessing is low.

So far, every one of the broken plasticbox mods I have encountered (save for the "pbox_liberated-vehicles.package" and any other combined package, which I don't know how to edit) seems to be successfully fixed by making sure that all swatches are properly "function" tagged.

It appears you did indeed hit upon the problem.

Now, the trick will be to let everyone know.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 10:26 PM
Your short aspiring intellectual bookcase doesn't download. I get a glowing red outline in the thumbnail picture. I'm looking for his short 1 tile caress bookcase. For now, I'm using the sophisticated bookcase from The Sims Resource. It's a recolor of the children's Brighteyes bookcase.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ursine1bear
Your short aspiring intellectual bookcase doesn't download. I get a glowing red outline in the thumbnail picture. I'm looking for his short 1 tile caress bookcase. For now, I'm using the sophisticated bookcase from The Sims Resource. It's a recolor of the children's Brighteyes bookcase.

Are you addressing me regarding this https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=647001 or something else?