Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2022 at 2:47 PM
Default Blacked out photos
All photos taken in game by Sims are now black, either on a wall or in sims inventory, for all sims, all photos are black. I have read posts and forums about the same issue from years ago, 2015, 2019, but nothing recent. I never had this issue before. My game is up to date, my graphics card is up to date, the UI in game is at 100, (I read somewhere to fix it that you have to go into the game and set UI to 100). I have reset the game, fixed the game, deleted unneeded files etc., everything that everyone says to always do, I've done. but no fix.

I have searched forums everywhere and found no solution. I posted here.....

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...t/false#M212953

there are comments but no solution, only what everyone else tried that did not help, I seen that it was an issue some years ago and EA had a patch update, but what do I do now? Anyone have an answer? A lot of the issue seems to be from storing photos in chests or sticker boxes but I don't have any stored photos in the game, they are all displayed on walls or in sims inventory, not in household inventory either. The game was just fine until just one day I shut my pc down, after it being on for a several days, then started the game and poof, all my photos were black. ??? Everything else in game seems fine.

I have uploaded an screenshot, and exception files.

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks.,
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  lastException.txt (3.8 KB, 11 downloads)
File Type: txt  lastUIException_63787558046.txt (943 Bytes, 7 downloads)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th May 2022 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by groovytunes
All photos taken in game by Sims are now black, either on a wall or in sims inventory, for all sims, all photos are black. I have read posts and forums about the same issue from years ago, 2015, 2019, but nothing recent. I never had this issue before. My game is up to date, my graphics card is up to date, the UI in game is at 100, (I read somewhere to fix it that you have to go into the game and set UI to 100). I have reset the game, fixed the game, deleted unneeded files etc., everything that everyone says to always do, I've done. but no fix.

I have searched forums everywhere and found no solution. I posted here.....

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...t/false#M212953

there are comments but no solution, only what everyone else tried that did not help, I seen that it was an issue some years ago and EA had a patch update, but what do I do now? Anyone have an answer? A lot of the issue seems to be from storing photos in chests or sticker boxes but I don't have any stored photos in the game, they are all displayed on walls or in sims inventory, not in household inventory either. The game was just fine until just one day I shut my pc down, after it being on for a several days, then started the game and poof, all my photos were black. ??? Everything else in game seems fine.

I have uploaded an screenshot, and exception files.

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks.,

Read this from Ea Bug glitches. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...ck/td-p/8762711
Follow what they suggest there by renaming your "The Sims 4" folder in My Documents (to something like "Corrupt Sims 4") then Go to Origin and Repair the game. After the repair, run the game then take photos and see what happens. If they are fine then add your save back from the renamed folder and test again. If still working start adding tray folder etc back.