Replies: 12 (Who?), Viewed: 462 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 7:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Return Home early with no Homework
Yesterday I installed "visitor controller" "more sims on comunity lots" and "Townies for apartments" and now my sims return too early from elementary school.
It's the first generation, so I haven played them that much yet. The problem is I only realized it later and now one of the children as an F. It's 2 children, 1 Teen and 1 Elder (their grandfather).
DId the mods break it or did I do something wrong?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 7:35 PM
Hi! You definitely want to try to see which one of those mods is causing the problem, and if it's the mods at all.

First, I would try it out in other households, and maybe in another neighborhood if you don't want anything changing in your main hood. If the problem keeps happening, then it might be the new mods you installed. If it doesn't, it might be something else happening in the lot.

If you see that the same thing happens in other households as well, then you need to see which one of those mods is causing the problem. Most of the time is not the mod itself, but the way it interferes with another mod. I suggest taking them out and putting them back in one at a time, so you know exactly which one it is that's causing trouble. Put one of the mods is, launch the game and test how everything works. If the game is back to normal, try with the next mod, and maybe you'll find which one is messing up your game or if it's another thing!

Tell us how that works out
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 8:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraPamplonaS
Hi! You definitely want to try to see which one of those mods is causing the problem, and if it's the mods at all.

First, I would try it out in other households, and maybe in another neighborhood if you don't want anything changing in your main hood. If the problem keeps happening, then it might be the new mods you installed. If it doesn't, it might be something else happening in the lot.

If you see that the same thing happens in other households as well, then you need to see which one of those mods is causing the problem. Most of the time is not the mod itself, but the way it interferes with another mod. I suggest taking them out and putting them back in one at a time, so you know exactly which one it is that's causing trouble. Put one of the mods is, launch the game and test how everything works. If the game is back to normal, try with the next mod, and maybe you'll find which one is messing up your game or if it's another thing!

Tell us how that works out


So I took out the mods but it's still happening.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 4:43 AM
It sounds like it might be a lot issue or that there is some kind of hood corruption if you're playing any of the towns shipped with the game.Pleasantview,Strangetown and Veronaville are all know to have corruption in them as shipped with the game and even a town started from a blank terrain can eventually get corrrupted over time if nothing is used to avoid those issues.The Lot Visitor Controller has never caused any issues like that in any of my game and I've had that one in for over five years and it actually fixed some very major issues with community lots I used to have.I never used the other two Mod mentioned as I use a no townie neighbors Mod for apartments and a Mod that stops the community lots from prepopulating on loading.
I'd advise using the Pleanstview terrain map and starting your own rendition of Pleasantview of that's the town you really want to play.I've got my own Pleasantview game in the setup stages and am using a terrain map with plans to add my own renditions of the Pleasantview ancestors that arrived there in the 17th century colonial period.I'm starting out my town playing with one cuple and building it up with new families and construction as I go so it will grow slowly and be managble from the start to the day it's become a larger town in the modern age.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 7:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonMasterKariTheSmol
Yesterday I installed "visitor controller" "more sims on comunity lots" and "Townies for apartments" and now my sims return too early from elementary school.
It's the first generation, so I haven played them that much yet. The problem is I only realized it later and now one of the children as an F. It's 2 children, 1 Teen and 1 Elder (their grandfather).
DId the mods break it or did I do something wrong?


Are the parents on the lot? There is a glitch where if parents are absent the game can throw a jump bug when a teen gets off the bus, the younger kids get ported back home as well. There is a mod fix for that called 'get parents' Your post seems to indicate that it's only a grandfather, I will see if I can find that fix.

This post: https://modthesims.info/showthread....102#post3918102

And no this is a game bug, not caused by your mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 9:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadOlson
It sounds like it might be a lot issue or that there is some kind of hood corruption if you're playing any of the towns shipped with the game.Pleasantview,Strangetown and Veronaville are all know to have corruption in them as shipped with the game and even a town started from a blank terrain can eventually get corrrupted over time if nothing is used to avoid those issues.The Lot Visitor Controller has never caused any issues like that in any of my game and I've had that one in for over five years and it actually fixed some very major issues with community lots I used to have.I never used the other two Mod mentioned as I use a no townie neighbors Mod for apartments and a Mod that stops the community lots from prepopulating on loading.
I'd advise using the Pleanstview terrain map and starting your own rendition of Pleasantview of that's the town you really want to play.I've got my own Pleasantview game in the setup stages and am using a terrain map with plans to add my own renditions of the Pleasantview ancestors that arrived there in the 17th century colonial period.I'm starting out my town playing with one cuple and building it up with new families and construction as I go so it will grow slowly and be managble from the start to the day it's become a larger town in the modern age.

I play in a custom hood, mostly because I am tired of the premade stuff for now. But thanks for your answer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 9:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Are the parents on the lot? There is a glitch where if parents are absent the game can throw a jump bug when a teen gets off the bus, the younger kids get ported back home as well. There is a mod fix for that called 'get parents' Your post seems to indicate that it's only a grandfather, I will see if I can find that fix.

This post: https://modthesims.info/showthread....102#post3918102

And no this is a game bug, not caused by your mods.

it WAS that bug! thank you for your help.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonMasterKariTheSmol
it WAS that bug! thank you for your help.


Glad it was an easy fix. It's so random, but I know it because I had it back in 2010.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 1:53 AM
It sounds like something might've caused things to become corrupted anyways as there were so many mistakes made by EA that caused corruption like graves vanishing like being deleted by a glitch or sims being able to interact with dangerous NPC's in corrupting ways and errors that can occur just because of bugs left in the game.It can also be caused by messing around with cheats like leaving the testing cheats on and clicking the wrong menu item by mistake.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 2:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadOlson
It sounds like something might've caused things to become corrupted anyways as there were so many mistakes made by EA that caused corruption like graves vanishing like being deleted by a glitch or sims being able to interact with dangerous NPC's in corrupting ways and errors that can occur just because of bugs left in the game.It can also be caused by messing around with cheats like leaving the testing cheats on and clicking the wrong menu item by mistake.


It's not corruption, it's a bug that occurs only when you have at least 1 teen and at 1 or more children and the parents don't live on the lot/are dead. From memory it occurs just before the teen tries to show their A+ report card. The mod stops them trying to show a report card to no one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 6:12 AM
I've ad that glitch happen once and it was from playing around improperly with some game cheats.I've als hears of others messing their games up from having the testing cheats enabled and not paying attention to what they clicked on and making the wrong choice.That's why I mever left ot on in TS3 or would never keep it on in TS2 except for as long as it was needed.I even stopped using the set hour cheat and will either use the time freezer clock or the community lot time to fix that community lot travel bug that made the same day repeat more than once when sims went out for a day.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 6:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadOlson
I've ad that glitch happen once and it was from playing around improperly with some game cheats.I've als hears of others messing their games up from having the testing cheats enabled and not paying attention to what they clicked on and making the wrong choice.That's why I mever left ot on in TS3 or would never keep it on in TS2 except for as long as it was needed.I even stopped using the set hour cheat and will either use the time freezer clock or the community lot time to fix that community lot travel bug that made the same day repeat more than once when sims went out for a day.


Well that would be something else, but the OP has this bug. That is why the mod fix was made.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 8:15 AM
My recollection is that installing the Visitor Controller causes a Game Reset. This means that any Sims who are at work or school will be returned home immediately without pay and without homework. Any Sims who were in bed will be standing to attention beside their beds, as if ready for a morning inspection, and all Sims' motives will be reset, as if they were Sims who had just moved into a new lot. I'm wondering if this may have happened here. But, if joandasarah77's mod has fixed it, don't worry about it any more. It's not corruption or anything like that. Just go ahead and enjoy your game. Corruption is a problem in The Sims 2, but some of us obsess over it. Most things that people think are corruption are just glitches. The Sims 2 is a very complex piece of programming, since it has to be able to cope with all the billions of ways that we Simmers try to play it. It's inevitable that sometimes things will go wrong.

I would worry about that child with an F though. Both children are likely to be taken away by the Social Worker. I'd use a cheat or something to get their grade up to at least a C-. Myself I'd use either the Sim Manipulator or SimPE, but there's probably a cheat that will do it.

Don't worry about teens with an F though. The Sims 2 Social Workers don't care about teens!! The worst that can happen to them is that they get sacked from their part time jobs. Or, if they're really unhappy, I suppose they just might run away.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Back to top