Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 223 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 7:22 PM
Default Can you hide images in an upload post?
Hope this is in the right place...

Is there a way of posting images in an upload so that mods can see them but not have them appear with all of the other pictures at the top of the post? I’m thinking particularly of floor plans for tombs or other buildings with secrets.

Not personally relevant, by the way, at least in the short term. I just wondered.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 10:23 PM
You can use spoiler codes. This way the user has to click on them to see them, but a lot can still be moderated. If you use the one with text you can customize what is shown.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 7:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeLunatic
You can use spoiler codes. This way the user has to click on them to see them, but a lot can still be moderated. If you use the one with text you can customize what is shown.

I know about spoiler tags to hide stuff within the post itself but I don't think they can be used for the pictures that appear at the top of the post (although please correct me if I'm wrong - it would be nice to have such a simple solution). Particularly with the new layout, all of the pictures seem to be there going, 'Look at me!'
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 7:50 PM
ah! Yes I see. I think the best you could do is to rearrange them so they appear last. You could also put a bright colored *spoiler* text on say, the top left in an out of the way area, where downloaders would see it on the thumbnail as a forewarning. Anything beyond that would be a coding issue that Tashiketh can weigh in on about feasibility. I know discord has that option, for images.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 8:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeLunatic
ah! Yes I see. I think the best you could do is to rearrange them so they appear last. You could also put a bright colored *spoiler* text on say, the top left in an out of the way area, where downloaders would see it on the thumbnail as a forewarning. Anything beyond that would be a coding issue that Tashiketh can weigh in on about feasibility. I know discord has that option, for images.

And maybe put something in the main text of the post about trying not to look at them . I was hoping there might be a better option. Thanks anyway .
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 11:11 AM
Just as an aside, you have never been able to hide uploaded attachments from the image display - anything uploaded to the first post is automatically displayed. This was and is the case even with the older thumbnail display. In what circumstances would you need to hide images, and how would the downloader know about them?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 7:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashiketh
Just as an aside, you have never been able to hide uploaded attachments from the image display - anything uploaded to the first post is automatically displayed. This was and is the case even with the older thumbnail display. In what circumstances would you need to hide images, and how would the downloader know about them?

I was thinking about floorplans for tombs. I've always assumed that the plans have to show everything that's in the build and so would give away the contents of hidden rooms. Or would screenshots taken in live mode with tomb room markers in place count? (I'm guessing probably not.)

I've seen some older tomb-like builds where some of the screenshots were in comments rather than in the main post and the text said something like 'don't look at this comment if you don't want to get spoiled'. I think that may have been because of limitations on the size of the post as much as anything, though. Would that still be an option or does everything have to be in the first post?

As a downloader I'd prefer to avoid spoilers for any puzzles in other people's builds and as a builder (if I ever get around to actually building a tomb instead of just thinking about it) I'd also prefer any secrets to remain secret until someone sends a Sim in to explore.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#8 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 11:01 AM
@hazelnutter100 That's actually a great use case. I'll look into adding a "Visible in Download View" field to the images to cater for this.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 7:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashiketh
@hazelnutter100 That's actually a great use case. I'll look into adding a "Visible in Download View" field to the images to cater for this.


That's brilliant. Thank you
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#10 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 8:28 PM
@hazelnutter100 And partially done! At least on the edit page I've added a Hide/Un-Hide button to the screenshots to allow you to hide/unhide them in the carousel/download view. I still have to add this same functionality to the upload wizard, though, but that's a bit more involved.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Back to top