Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 2:58 PM
Default Could you tell me if this neighborhood is corrupt?
I downloaded quite a lot without remembering that some objects can create npc...

I removed the two remote control cars and although nothing appears in hoodcheker, characters without a character file appear in Simpe. Did I corrupt the neighborhood and maybe the game?

Now I'm afraid of having more objects that create them without knowing it...

These are the screenshots of the neighborhood I play and possibly corrupted:

I wonder who is Sarah Hansen? Maybe some npc that I have made playable? I think there is a Sarah that I made playable, I think she was a free time npc.

And this capture is from another neighborhood to load supposedly clean as long as I have not corrupted it:

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 11:26 PM
Quote:
I wonder who is Sarah Hansen?

A sim with a split character file that SimPE isn't reading correctly.

What files did you delete from where?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 5:47 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 5th Aug 2022 at 6:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
A sim with a split character file that SimPE isn't reading correctly.

What files did you delete from where?

After hood checker told me that there were sims without character file, I decided to investigate and I saw that remote control cars can create npc, so I assumed that maybe it had something to do with that, I deleted them from my download folder, I also deleted some houses and downloaded sims, and others objects. (I did not delete any sim from the neighborhood, only from the body shop.). I don't know if those remote control cars have to do with the split file and sims without character file that appeared in hood checker, but after deleting them everything seemed fine in hood checker. Now I only have that Sarah Hansen who I don't know who she is and I'm afraid she'll corrupt my neighborhood. I also opened a neighborhood that I am creating to upload, and I am afraid that those cars may have created something that I am not seeing in simpe. (Though everything seems fine at the moment, but I wouldn't want to have to go back to a previous backup, I've made quite a bit of progress in that neighborhood.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 8:27 PM
Character files in the downloads folder do show up in HoodChecker as "missing character files" but that's only because HoodChecker doesn't look for character files in downloads. If you deleted those files from downloads and loaded any neighborhoods, though, you definitely caused corruption through that. If you didn't load any neighborhoods you can just put back the files. If you loaded neighborhoods you will have to replace them with a backup and also put back the files you deleted from downloads. Like I said earlier, the split character file is fine. Just don't delete character files in the future and you will be fine.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 9:10 PM
Ok, so I guess I'll go back to the previous version with the neighborhood to upload and continue playing with the neighborhood I play until it explodes and then I'll import the descendants... xD Thanks!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 12:46 AM
The best way to avoid any issues when installing anything that adds charector files is to make a full backup of the entire TS2 folder or fully copy all it's contents to another empty folder and 7zip that to have a backup in case anything went wrong or you no longer wanted the onjects in the game.That way there's a version of the game files from before that content was installed.I make reserve copies of mine often and compress them.I will even sometimes back up the EA Games folder in my documents.That's another option for backing the game up.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 12:24 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 8th Aug 2022 at 12:43 AM.
Thanks, I hadn't thought about compression. I usually make a lot of copies, but it's been a while since I made one of the game installation or documents. Projects only. I should make copies again before I destroy everything.

I'm also seriously thinking of starting to make separate folders for projects. Having it all at once is a headache.